I feel like this describes how I feel about Halsey a lot lmao.

OMG SHE CALLED KENDRICK LAMAR "A PRIVILEGED MALE" FOR NOT BEING CALLED A POP ARTIST WHAT THE F

anyway lets calm down um...... THE LADY GAGA PART WHAT THE FUC

i'm done with her

what's the problem with being a pop artist? wtf 

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

Does anybody have the don't play instrumental? I think I saw a vid on twitter with it along with some charli and carly instrumentals 

It hasn't leaked yet from what I can tell. Half the instrumentals already leaked so it shouldn't be too long.

redline

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THIS

IT'S :oprah:

I'm concerned about Now Or Never being the only visual we got so far and all the trailers/promo videos include only that one

Sis where are the MVs

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Pretentious as usual

this thumbnail has haunted me for the last few days. is it really that cringey? i'm terrified to watch it because she's already testing my patience as a fan. it's starting to become embarrassing sticking up for her on places like LB... HalseyForPresidentoftheProblematicFavs2k17

at this point the less i know the better

tumblr_n7a4cdzBFk1r65oxko1_500.gif

this thumbnail has haunted me for the last few days. is it really that cringey? i'm terrified to watch it because she's already testing my patience as a fan. it's starting to become embarrassing sticky up for her on places like LB... HalseyForPresidentoftheProblematicFavs2k17

at this point the less i know the better

Saaaame

She's really reaching for that Romeo and Juliet storyline, there was virtually nothing in the album that related to it which makes no sense because she set it up to seem like it was this epic concept album with a plot?

She's really reaching for that Romeo and Juliet storyline, there was virtually nothing in the album that related to it which makes no sense because she set it up to seem like it was this epic concept album with a plot?

Yeah it's really just the aesthetic, but I certainly do not feel it in any songs except Now OR Never and Eyes Closed. I think its funny how she thinks she's taking the 'concept album atmosphere' one step further than anyone else before but she's actually like 3 steps behind :P

Pretentious as usual

I dont TRUST people who tell stories like this. I just can't. It sounds like they are telling it for the performance of people being entertained, not actually to convey an original story at all.... It sounds like a gossip story they made up for a party. I'm sorry if people think this is the stupidest reason to not like this video/story, but like...   :awk:

Yeah it's really just the aesthetic, but I certainly do not feel it in any songs except Now OR Never and Eyes Closed. I think its funny how she thinks she's taking the 'concept album atmosphere' one step further than anyone else before but she's actually like 3 steps behind :P

I dont TRUST people who tell stories like this. I just can't. It sounds like they are telling it for the performance of people being entertained, not actually to convey an original story at all.... It sounds like a gossip story they made up for a party. I'm sorry if people think this is the stupidest reason to not like this video/story, but like...   :awk:

The way she said it was so smug and I think that's the reason I kinda don't buy it, plus if it did happen you know that she LOVED it and was excited about it bc it means she has another story to tell to win her white feminism points

Also I agree about the concept  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  she hyped up this big story and the songs on the album barely fit, there are some songs I don't see how she can stretch to fit the aesthetic like she did with NoN....the attempt at doing it with Strangers fell flat

like... is it wrong for me to not give a single damn about what she says/do? i just don't care if she's problematic or not. i don't. i only care about the songs, they're good for me so i stan her. but who cares if she lies or fucks up in interviews? like ??????? literally????'

like... is it wrong for me to not give a single damn about what she says/do? i just don't care if she's problematic or not. i don't. i only care about the songs, they're good for me so i stan her. but who cares if she lies or fucks up in interviews? like ??????? literally????'

It's not wrong to not care what she does and stan the music, but she rubs a lot of people the wrong way because she lies in the spotlight to make herself seem like this perfect vision of a fuckup drug queen gone wild and comes across as really attention seeking and holier-than-thou. For me personally her shitty personality ruined her music and now I don't want to listen to it (I really liked Badlands when it came out and even went to see her in concert before she started acting dumb) but that's just me!

Also I agree about the concept  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  she hyped up this big story and the songs on the album barely fit, there are some songs I don't see how she can stretch to fit the aesthetic like she did with NoN....the attempt at doing it with Strangers fell flat

She fucked up 2 interviews mentioning Strangers - in the first one she said Lauren is Juliet and she's Romeo herself for this one time but then a week later she said Lauren is a third party character/antagonist of the story

She probably doesn't know what the fuck her story is about herself and has been waiting for the fans to fill the plotholes with their theories but damn girl I see no continuity throughout the deluxe which was supposed to be in chronological order 

Saying all of this as a stan who was super hyped after Now Or Never and adores HFK

It's not wrong to not care what she does and stan the music, but she rubs a lot of people the wrong way because she lies in the spotlight to make herself seem like this perfect vision of a fuckup drug queen gone wild and comes across as really attention seeking and holier-than-thou. For me personally her shitty personality ruined her music and now I don't want to listen to it (I really liked Badlands when it came out and even went to see her in concert before she started acting dumb) but that's just me!

i see what you say and i understand that her shitty personality can put you off. but "her shitty personality ruined her music and now i don't want to listen to it" ??? this just sounds stupid for me, not saying you're stupid, this is not my intention i dont want to offend u in any way. but literally?? if you like her songs enjoy them and that's all!! she can be as shitty as she wants but as long as she releases good music i will forever stan 

i see what you say and i understand that her shitty personality can put you off. but "her shitty personality ruined her music and now i don't want to listen to it" ??? this just sounds stupid for me, not saying you're stupid, this is not my intention i dont want to offend u in any way. but literally?? if you like her songs enjoy them and that's all!! she can be as shitty as she wants but as long as she releases good music i will forever stan 

Azealia could be the craziest chick on earth as well and if she murdered a man I'd probably still buy her album if it came close to BWET

Of course I love learning from my idols but is it really a necessity to agree with them on every other thing 

Azealia could be the craziest chick on earth as well and if she murdered a man I'd probably still buy her album if it came close to BWET

Of course I love learning from my idols but is it really a necessity to agree with them on every other thing 

this. 

I adore HFK but like Badlands and Room 93, it just doesn't work as a concept album. It's too loose and disjointed with virtually zero cohesive narrative, and the Romeo & Juliet allusions just don't work at all. I see it more as the classic rise and fall of a starlet more than the medieval satire Romeo & Juliet actually is.

That said, the visuals for the era are really good.

redline

I see it more as the classic rise and fall of a starlet more than the medieval satire Romeo & Juliet actually is.

Yes to that! It's more of her personal journey of recovery with a glimpse of a relationship rather than an epic love story not taking itself seriously