"I walk the line" is so dark,, but sooooo good. (I just realized it reminds me of the production on cruel world a little bit.. same sorta vibe.. fucking awesome.)

love the instrumentals/beats in "Color part 2".. total narco swing vibe.. :P

"Roman Holiday" amazingness at its finest. Actually RH should have been the lead single for commercial radio..

"New Americana" is my least favorite, but the CD version sounds pretty good. Like she mentioned in an interview,

(Beats one with Zane Lowe),

for people who took the words literally. Its all sung in Satire. (new americana).

Gasoline and Young god and Hurricane and Drive all mind blowing. :D

for me thats alot of great songs on one album. i don't find that kinda album too often. by anyone. nice when it happens.

I can have all 16 songs playing on repeat, and i dont skip any of them tbh. very great concept album with great cohesion.

I still haven't a clue why Colors Pt. II was at all necessary. It adds nothing. It just sounds like a concert interlude.

then people complain when a little intro/outro is tacked on to a song. at the top of my head i remember when trouble by natalia kills came out, people were like "waa why does television have that intro she shouldve separated it from the song"

"I walk the line" is so dark,, but sooooo good. (I just realized it reminds me of the production on cruel world a little bit.. same sorta vibe.. fucking awesome.)

love the instrumentals/beats in "Color part 2".. total narco swing vibe.. :P

You know that Walk The Line is a cover, right?

And NARCO SWING? :rip: What? 

I still haven't a clue why Colors Pt. II was at all necessary. It adds nothing. It just sounds like a concert interlude.

It's perfect. I love it.

lABVyGE.png

then people complain when a little intro/outro is tacked on to a song. at the top of my head i remember when trouble by natalia kills came out, people were like "waa why does television have that intro she shouldve separated it from the song"

I mean, I get why she separated them. I just don't see why it was a necessary addition lol.

MkWI4Ns.png

You know that Walk The Line is a cover, right?

And NARCO SWING? :rip: What? 

It's perfect. I love it.

yes of course..LOL.., buts it is sooooo sooooo different from Cash's version. The emotive vibe and soul not to mention the awesome production..

mind fucking blowing.. :D :D :D

Colors pt II just feels very weird to me because even if you listen to it immediately following Colors or combine the two tracks, it still seems/sounds super out of place and too sonically different to the song to be a proper outro. It sounds like one of those cheesy, quickly thrown together sound bites that they use on tours when the performer needs to run offstage to change/get a sip of water but still keep the crowd hyped

I listened to everything by her but I only like 6 songs....

1. Drive - Sounds amazing I really like it
  2. New Americana - I love the National Anthem influence, I hope it will be a successful single for her
  3. Hurricane - Amazing chorus, so good
  4. Roman Holiday - This just sounds great, I don't have anything else to say about it. She also really slays the live performance of this song
  5. Colors - Great song but the bridge is such a cringe-worthy mess :toofunny: Luckily it was easy to edit it out of the song.
  6. Strange Love - I think this could be a great single, it's very catchy

The only song I dislike is "New Americana"... Idk why..

Can someone explain to me, why ppl hate Halsey?? Especially on this forum lol

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

No reason/unreasonable comparisons to Lana

Wow, ppl really can be annoying  :toofunny:

Should we compare every artists whose lyrics are similar to Lana's?? :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I love colors p2 i feel like it is the transition from the *happier side of the album to the darker side, when she leaves/enters the badlands. and i think its a very well put together song, even if it doesnt necessarily go with colors.

Totally agree 100% with this. You are correct! thats exactly how it is intended to be.

The production is amazing. (headphones or live in concert.)