Sign in to follow this  
Harlem

You are not useless, come here. (Again)

So it's that time of the year that we need your help. @HarlemThorne & I are revamping the Leaked list with new stuff and improving them the best we can.

Now we will include different column, for writers, producers & the length of the track. This to keep everything in the same spreadsheet for y'all. If you want something else we can work out around it.

Also this thread will serve us to came up with a common agreement about some stuff, mainly naming the leaks. So let's begin.

I decided to re-do the thread again but with a link to a temporary doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eIihiUzVNAkeaZMlusfv4f5M-AzF7i-u8JQvIrNx_Zo/edit#gid=1337322019

On the doc is a list of all the unreleased (though if there's any missing please say, though this is unreleased remember, not demo's) 
If you can shed any light on any of the red colored ones, please do, alex's and I's thoughts (tho most are mine since i'm obsessively ocd about stuff) are in the notes section to the side, those are the points that need some clarification
If you have any answers please share, once we do this we'll get filling in on other points and then come back for other information needed to fill it in :) 
ALTHOUGH, WHEN YOU REPLY TO A SONG, PLEASE USE THE 'NO' COLUMN NEXT TO THE SONG TO REFERENCE WHAT PART OF THE DOC YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

FOR EXAMPLE, 

9 - SHOULD BE 'Beautiful Player Ft. Starz' OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, JUST MAKES IT A LITTLE LESS MESS

Though please if you're sharing your answers as fact, please provide some kind of source, twitter link, register number, leak thread, etc (I get we all do things our own way 'Version 1' 'Version I' etc, but this is a guide for everyone so it'd be better based on fact or loose fact rather than total preference

Please help, since you are not just helping us, but helping the fan base. Also you can leave writers and producers down below, we already covered ASCAP & BMI. Thank You.   :hae:   :kiss:   :kiss2:

Sorry for the second thread and such a messy post but i just wanna get it done since i think me and alex were doing it last year and it never got done  :deadbanana:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

Regarding "can we call anything a demo without it being released by Lana." Some people call any version of a song that isn't the final one a demo. Others might call them alternate versions. I, personally, prefer to use demo for early, unpolished versions of songs. So the two Hit & Run and DICWB songs are, imo, not demos, but alternate versions, even though we don't know which of them, if any, would have been used for release - they aren't rough and unpolished and incomplete. However, I consider Making Out a demo because of the heavy use of autotune on Lana's vocals. I don't think there are any known final versions of her songs with autotune, and it seems common for artists to be heavily autotuned when making demo versions of their songs (Lady Gaga did the same thing on some songs that ended up not being obviously autotuned in the final version), so I came to the conclusion that this is Lana "trying out" the song. A bit of conjecture on my part, I admit. I think as long as we have a consistent definition for demo, it should be fine. Of course, getting people to agree on this is a problem (remember the "outtake" dispute).

As such, I think NO 11, Behind Closed Doors, is commonly considered to be a demo because the second verse is a repeat of the first, showing she hadn't written the whole song yet, and the bridge has no lyrics. The instrumental is also clearly a rudimentary version of the one used in the final. It's common for producers to send songwriters instrumentals to write on top of, and I think Lana has done this before (Noir, Daytona Meth are laptop demos on top of instrumentals, and as far as we know she's never made instrumentals beyond her basic guitar playing). A similar example would be Charli XCX's "You (Ha Ha Ha)", where she's also singing over an instrumental. In the demo, you can hear that the bridge has no lyrics, although it does in the final version.

"Leaked as born bad baby, but is it Diet Mountain Dew -Born Bad Baby Demo-, is it standalone?"

I don't understand this question regarding NO 19.

NO 51: Doijroij is some weird fake crap. Someone with the instrumental to Playground used it to filter out the rap and then paste it over some stuff. I think @@evilentity is the one who came to this conclusion.

NO 77: That is the instrumental to V1 of Heavy Hitter, yes. I'll see if I can find the post from the guy who made the instrumental.

NO 129: I got the impression that Prom Song (Gone Wrong) was the entire title, not that Gone Wrong was an alternate title. There are songs that do this, e.g. Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight) doesn't have the alternate title A Man After Midnight, but you can refer to the song as just Gimme Gimme Gimme if you don't feel like using the whole title. @@evilentity found this song on a Soundcloud page, I think, so he should know.

@@Valentino 

Yeah the main problem with 'Demo' is everyone has a different world in which they use it, for example I only really use it for versions of songs released (Like the demo's for born to die songs / AKA / Young & Beautiful, etc) which I think is a problem to suit everyone - hence why I was asking for references and links since I guess if something was leaked as xxx -Demo- then it'd be a bit easier to title it.

NO 19 - The song leaked as 'Born Bad Baby' so that's what I had it as but me and Alex had it down different, as do a lot of people. Some people have 'Diet Mountain Dew -Born Bad Baby Demo-' or Diet Mountain Dew (Born Bad Baby Version), etc 
So needed some clarification on what it should really be

NO 51 - I'd agree there, just need a bunch of people to confirm what me and you think before I delete, I definitely think it should just be deleted from unreleased records.

NO 77, Awesome, thank you! Let me know if you find the post :)

NO 129 - I'm fairly sure it leaked as Prom Song (Gone Wrong) as the actual title, not that (Gone Wrong) was an alternative title, just that for some reason that part was in brackets. Unlike Damn You (American Dream) did where the brackets are an alternative title. But once again my opinion on that is drawing from what I think it leaked as. 

This is more of an opinionated answer:

Coca Colla fits more if that was the title that it was discovered with (as for other songs)

Its Hangin Around without a  '

Moi Je Joue ; correct writing

I have Ooh Baby as "Are You Ready? (Ooh Baby)" i think it makes more sense that way

Beautiful Player should definitely "Ft. Starz"

This is more of an opinionated answer:

Coca Colla fits more if that was the title that it was discovered with (as for other songs)

Its Hangin Around without a  '

Moi Je Joue ; correct writing

I have Ooh Baby as "Are You Ready? (Ooh Baby)" i think it makes more sense that way

Beautiful Player should definitely "Ft. Starz"

CC - Yeah I was sure it leaked with two L's, hopefully someone will remind us of the source of it for me to put on the doc so I can change

Ooh Baby - Definitely should be Oooh Baby, i'll link it on the doc once we get a few more sorted but it's registered as 'Oooh Baby' on those registry sites under her name

Heard that too, hopefully someone will link the source, I think it was a tweet or smth

@@Valentino 

Yeah the main problem with 'Demo' is everyone has a different world in which they use it, for example I only really use it for versions of songs released (Like the demo's for born to die songs / AKA / Young & Beautiful, etc) which I think is a problem to suit everyone - hence why I was asking for references and links since I guess if something was leaked as xxx -Demo- then it'd be a bit easier to title it.

NO 19 - The song leaked as 'Born Bad Baby' so that's what I had it as but me and Alex had it down different, as do a lot of people. Some people have 'Diet Mountain Dew -Born Bad Baby Demo-' or Diet Mountain Dew (Born Bad Baby Version), etc 

So needed some clarification on what it should really be

NO 51 - I'd agree there, just need a bunch of people to confirm what me and you think before I delete, I definitely think it should just be deleted from unreleased records.

NO 77, Awesome, thank you! Let me know if you find the post :)

NO 129 - I'm fairly sure it leaked as Prom Song (Gone Wrong) as the actual title, not that (Gone Wrong) was an alternative title, just that for some reason that part was in brackets. Unlike Damn You (American Dream) did where the brackets are an alternative title. But once again my opinion on that is drawing from what I think it leaked as. 

NO 77:

http://phatfriend.com/2012/01/25/before-lana-del-ray/

"In my initial post, I wrote that Lizzy had picked beats and wrote a bunch of songs to them. She then came to a studio , where she, two engineers/studio musicians, and me planned to make those songs. If you read the earlier post, you know how they turned out in my eyes. But, hey, I’m one man and maybe too involved in it…So , I figured maybe I’d let you judge for yourself…

Here’s the original beat that she choose to write to:

http://limelinx.com/files/d7ef38314ee7626b8fe78aeb24e81e28 [link to Heavy Hitter instrumental]

(sorry, the link is down and I can’t find the original beat)

Now, to be honest, I always though this beat was pretty mediocre. But, it had a certain ruggedness to it that I thought could work well with some singing on it (if not rapping). She picked it, and wrote something cool to it, so we went with it.

Here’s the song that came out of that [youtube link to Heavy Hitter V1]"

@@Valentino 

Thanks a lot for that extract, i'll keep it in the notes for that song :) 

I think the main problem with Born Bad Baby is that it /is/ kinda outta luck, but with lana we never know if that is what she called it or if the leaker just called it that ugh. If it is Kinda Outta Luck (Born Bad Baby) then it wouldn't be unreleased anyway, we'd move it to Born to die demo's

Yeah I still have it too but I think it'll be deleted, one of the reasons CIMB just said lol

@@comeintomybedroom Yeah I think Alex still said he wanted that kept in? I didn't mind either way since we barely have years for most of them anyway, most of them seemed to be guesswork, but we'll see where he stands when he gets online :) 

As for:

97, 98, 99 
After relistening to them, all of them are the same style recording so pretty sure they should just be 
Version 1 / 2 / 3 right?

9. The thing with adding Starz to the title is that it leaked as just Beautiful Player. Starz did later on upload it on his Soundcloud, but if we are gonna use the original spellings the way Lana meant them to be (e.g Wayamaya, Coca Colla), we should let BP just be BP.

22-23. You actually have them wrongly titled. The upbeat "boy you've been catching butterflies" song is Butterflies, and "we're sipping cocktails looking down upon the riot" is Butterflies Part 2 and its demo. I think this conclusion was established when the demo leaked as Butterflies Pt 2 Demo. 

97-99, I thought there was a general consensus that Let My Hair Down is actually Dance Man. I even think someone from here asked the person who posted it if it was DM, and he said yes.

113. I could be wrong, but it leaked as Moije Joue though, right? The grammatically correct spelling is Moi Je Joue, but it's the same case as Wayamaya and Coca Colla. What are the general thoughts about this?

126-127. It should be Playground and Playground v2, with the non-rap version being v2, as the rap version is the final version.

Behind Closed Doors (Demo) 4:29 - Missing lyrics, unfinished 

Behind Closed Doors 3:58 - Finished Version

Born Bad Baby has nothing do to with Diet Mountain Dew. It's an early version / demo of Kinda Outta Luck.

Butterflies 4:16

Butterflies (Demo) 4:20 - Unfinished

Butterflies Part 2 4:05

Doijroij - FAKE delete this forever

I Don't Wanna Go - Leaked as that but was uploaded to Rick's site as Black Leather Moonlight and had Tonight in the ID3 tags or something

Playground (Demo) 3:07 - No Rap

Playground 3:07

Prom Song (Gone Wrong) - Leaked as that

9. The thing with adding Starz to the title is that it leaked as just Beautiful Player. Starz did later on upload it on his Soundcloud, but if we are gonna use the original spellings the way Lana meant them to be (e.g Wayamaya, Coca Colla), we should let BP just be BP.

22-23. You actually have them wrongly titled. The upbeat "boy you've been catching butterflies" song is Butterflies, and "we're sipping cocktails looking down upon the riot" is Butterflies Part 2 and its demo. I think this conclusion was established when the demo leaked as Butterflies Pt 2 Demo. 

97-99, I thought there was a general consensus that Let My Hair Down is actually Dance Man. I even think someone from here asked the person who posted it if it was DM, and he said yes.

113. I could be wrong, but it leaked as Moije Joue though, right? The grammatically correct spelling is Moi Je Joue, but it's the same case as Wayamaya and Coca Colla. What are the general thoughts about this?

126-127. It should be Playground and Playground v2, with the non-rap version being v2, as the rap version is the final version.

9. Yeah I have to agree with you there, I know he tweeted ft Starz but as far as I knew she never titled it as that, we'll see if more people feedback on that

22-23. But I remember being around when both of them and they both leaked as what I have them down as

Edit: after listening the demo is definitely of Butterflies Pt. 1 and the upbeat is Pt. 2 

I've never known them to be the other way around. Got a link to the discussion over the demo?

97-99. Problem here is they all leaked as Let My Hair Down, though I remember the talk of Dance Man but I thought it only went as far as speculation? 

Demo 1 / 2 leaked a few months back with the title Let My Hair Down, as for the standalone 'Let My Hair Down' track on the list, I don't even remember when that leaked, and if it did what it leaked as.

113. This is one im really confused over, just like Coca Colla, I don't remember what they both leaked as so finding the original leak place / or original thread discussions on them would help, I can look around a bit.

126-127. Awesome, was pretty sure it was V1 / V2 with rap being 2 since it leaked after, but just wanted to see if everyone agreed.

Behind Closed Doors (Demo) 4:29 - Missing lyrics, unfinished 

Behind Closed Doors 3:58 - Finished Version

Born Bad Baby has nothing do to with Diet Mountain Dew. It's an early version / demo of Kinda Outta Luck.

Butterflies 4:16

Butterflies (Demo) 4:20 - Unfinished

Butterflies Part 2 4:05

Doijroij - FAKE delete this forever

I Don't Wanna Go - Leaked as that but was uploaded to Rick's site as Black Leather Moonlight and had Tonight in the ID3 tags or something

Playground (Demo) 3:07 - No Rap

Playground 3:07

Prom Song (Gone Wrong) - Leaked as that

BCD - BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE A FINAL OF AN UNRELEASED SONG!!! ) : 

Sorry that was a typo, I have no idea why I was saying DMD lol 

I'm like 99% sure they were both leaked as Pt.1 / Pt.2 though? Or am I imagining that, anyway the order you said them in is how I thought they were done too, it's just the Pt.1 thing that's now confusing

Yep gonna delete that 

Anyone have a link or screenshot to it listed on rick's site? Did we actually get it from there or did it just leak on tumblr or smth

Once again the demo conversation is  :deadbanana: because we could potentially have 100 more versions of something so how we know what a final is idgi 

Was certain of that, will try and find a SS to confirm

(if my replies seem dismissive of anyones thoughts just ignore that sry, it just helps to discuss it with everyone to sort them out since alex and I really just wanna get it done and ~nice~)

BCD - BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE A FINAL OF AN UNRELEASED SONG!!! ) : 

Sorry that was a typo, I have no idea why I was saying DMD lol 

I'm like 99% sure they were both leaked as Pt.1 / Pt.2 though? Or am I imagining that, anyway the order you said them in is how I thought they were done too, it's just the Pt.1 thing that's now confusing

Yep gonna delete that 

Anyone have a link or screenshot to it listed on rick's site? Did we actually get it from there or did it just leak on tumblr or smth

Once again the demo conversation is  :deadbanana: because we could potentially have 100 more versions of something so how we know what a final is idgi 

Was certain of that, will try and find a SS to confirm

Okay, whatever I prefer it that way.

I don't know but it's registered as "Butterflies".

It leaked on tumblr at first I think I don't remember though.

I think it's common in the community to name V1 and V2 tracks that are completely different production wise but lyric wise they are the same (BBW for example) However we use Demo & Final when they have the same lyrics & production but with just some unpolished stuff and I think we all agree on that note tho.

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

30, 31 – It looks like it is Come When You Call Me A.M.E.R.I.C.A

115, 116, and 138 – The produced version of “Motel 6” by Jeff Peretz was labeled Slo Gin Slo III by the producer. The original a capella leaked as “Motel 6” and the acoustic version is called Slow Gin Fizz. I believe the final version by James Dring and Jody Street is Motel 6.

30, 31 – It looks like it is Come When You Call Me A.M.E.R.I.C.A

115, 116, and 138 – The produced version of “Motel 6” by Jeff Peretz was labeled Slo Gin Slo III by the producer. The original a capella leaked as “Motel 6” and the acoustic version is called Slow Gin Fizz. I believe the final version by James Dring and Jody Street is Motel 6.

Thanks for these, will update them on the doc :)