Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: "High By the Beach"

The video isn't good or bad. It's just kinda like blah. I wish she could have shown more emotion. Like if she's sick of the paparazzi, show more frustration or sadness. Lana literally walked around the house the whole video, then got angry so she shot the plane.Ugh

I think this video is more boring than the Ultraviolence video. At least this song is upbeat. The only good part about the High by the Beach video is the ending when she shoots the plane

LOL nothing is more boring than that crap 

God, most of these opinions are just....blah.

I seriously tire of these forums.

Over analyse

Over critical.

Over gushing.

If you don't like, don't play or watch.

...and get some balance in your life.

If you don't like don't read lmao this is how forums work

ZmJh1LG.jpg

She must have gotten too high by the beach because she forgot to decorate and furnish the inside of her house

I noticed all the walls are empty, no headboard on the bed, stark kitchen with only a coffee pot I think. It's like she just moved in or we got to see the bare bones if her home, but afterwards she will furnish it, personalize it and make it her own regaining a feeling of privacy or her own space.

That's Lana in that magazine, isn't it? 

rNHGVjP.png

I love it when that page pops up again after she blows up the helicopter.

fxh01k.jpg

It's not UV video level trolling but it will not help her in this era.

I like it somewhat visually because she is so beautiful and I love the ocean.

Fuck Jake Nava, this shit didn't needed a director.

She killed HBTB commercially with this video but put the song in a different perspective and strangely I enjoy it more watching the video. I think that she exaggerates the paparazzi thing, she's not that famous. She was more insulted as an artist than bothered in her every day life by the media.

You can stop trolling Lana you'll never become a superstar. I'm not interested anymore how she fares commercially because she obviously doesn't give a shit. So far, qualitywise, HM has to mediocre songs and a subpar video. At least UV had quality songs, I'm done staning this era

I love this transformation from submissive, needy and masochistic cry baby to revengeful and bloodlust Amazonian that grabs destiny in her own hands and clutches god by the balls. Sooo refreshing in contrast to her usual imagery. I am glad this is not overly produced, ultrapolished, fancy-schmancy grandiose video, because she already had ones, and also that it isn't flippant, sloppy and hermetic jerking off like Ultraviolence (ok, I don't hate that one, I just state that this overshadows Ultra, although it is as much as simple). It is something brand new, crazy hybrid between Tarantino action and Dogme 95/home video/Steve McQueen seventies/Larry Clark/documentary/voyeuristic  shaky camera, and you can feel that this kind of filming is deliberate. And it is masterfully delivered, because your site is really narrowed in suspense and you feel the excitement and vehemence of the action. Even slow parts are thrilling. Speed and poetry in one. And there is an excellent use of color (azure blue of vast ocean and bare, luminant crinoline of the sky), and frame from the balcony seems cosmically wide –that is the greatness of the vid also: the contrast between tight, claustrophobic tubes of villa halls with her rush like mercury through them and magnificent freedom of the big blue nature principles.

Although Shades of Cool have very strong visual metaphores, such as Lana in 3D illusion, stabbed by a sword, or gun pointing at her, bullets flying, flowers softly exploding, and magical amalgam of gem-like colors, like ruby, royal blue and mystic violet, this is much more cohesive and that Scarface shooting and explosion in the sky is like her initiation into whole new dimension of existence, personal (spiritual) and artistic. Enough experimental and intimate ("indie" formally, so to say) yet enough cohesive, articulate and charged, or should I say, blessed, with (almost) unexpected, brilliantly depicted culmination and message hidden in it. That climax is like her awakening from the nightmare into pure white bliss. Thousand orgasms from me.

And yes, she is so cute, funny, vulnerable and human in that scene of her gown being stuck, and the fact that we see her in different emotional states and in physical movement (running, stumbling) is a breezy shift from her gloomy, elusive, mysterious and impenetrable poutiness of a diva. I adore that expression of healthy rage and determination on her face. So complex, soulful and relatable. She creates a powerful space for catharsis.

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

It's not UV video level trolling but it will not help her in this era.

I like it somewhat visually because she is so beautiful and I love the ocean.

Fuck Jake Nava, this shit didn't needed a director.

She killed HBTB commercially with this video but put the song in a different perspective and strangely I enjoy it more watching the video. I think that she exaggerates the paparazzi thing, she's not that famous. She was more insulted as an artist than bothered in her every day life by the media.

You can stop trolling Lana you'll never become a superstar. I'm not interested anymore how she fares commercially because she obviously doesn't give a shit. So far, qualitywise, HM has to mediocre songs and a subpar video. At least UV had quality songs, I'm done staning this era

lmao BYE

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived