Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: "High By the Beach"

So I finally watched when I got home from work so I could properly share my opinion on this one.

First of all I love how was made to look like it was shot in one take. This particularly scene is one of my favorites of her videography, it's stunning:

tumblr_nt13oiSEd31rww8v1o3_500.gif

From this scene to the climax of the video ( taking down the helicopter) it made the video totally worth it.

Other than that I still think the beginning a little odd - like it was improvised or she didn't know what to do. While this has a clearly message towards media and her privacy I wish she could've been a little more explicit about it. The headlines and gossip magazines could feature some of her photos or she could see some of her photos already posted online and then she would freak out and get the gun, this definitely could translate the video for a wider audience that can't really understand what's the meaning behind all this.

tbqh the beginning perfectly emulated how i act when i listen to lana del rey alone in my room

i just wander aimlessly around my room and fall on my bed dramatically like lana that's my thing do you not have any value or respect for originality 

Lana looking up to Britney and her relationship towards paparazzi

Her destroying the helicopter somewhat makes me think that she wishes to make disappear all the private details about her life and her unleaked songs out of the internet. Her statement in an interview recently was that she wants to find a way to unleaked songs disappear.

This is mainly a video about her trying to regain control of her life.

Maybe the gun is here to make her become a "video game" sex symbol/icon that her boyfriends fantasized about.

The guitar case transforming into a gun maybe is here to show us that her weapon is her music?

The letter on the rock disappearing is probably about one of her relationship, he maybe wrote her one or she did.

SCARFACE2371.png

Gun=camera

fishbowl

looking in, looking out looking in

Lana's dress getting caught, reminded me when Lana gently so into the song, she slightly bumped her nose into the microphone in the cover of the  Kasabian song Goodbye Kiss in the live BBC lounge

I could very easily see the video being nominated for video of the year at the Grammy's and the other award shows.

Eventually they will be forced to give her awards, and she should not have to campaign to get them.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Gun=camera

fishbowl

looking in, looking out looking in

Lana's dress getting caught, reminded me when Lana gently so into the song, she slightly bumped her nose into the microphone in the cover of the  Kasabian song Goodbye Kiss in the live BBC lounge

I could very easily see the video being nominated for video of the year at the Grammy's and the other award shows.

Eventually they will be forced to give her awards, and she should not have to campaign to get them.

Nah, they wont nominate her 

also how the FUCK can anybody call her fat? :oprah2: this is really the sexiest she has ever looked.

Did you check her silhouette when she's by the window with the helicopter? 

BrightOilyHellbender.gif

You're so wrong for this :godlaugh2:

It's sort of a weird music video but if I think about it as like a film short it seems really effective and interesting

Fuck, even the video is bad. It's like amateur hour. The half assed lip synching in the bedroom. The flop down on the bed. 

Take that back!!! 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

My fav part was most def the run. Shit looked like she was running from something chasing her in a scary movie. Her dress getting caught on something is the perfect white-girl-main character-in horror movie trope. lol

I love how she just started running out of nowhere. Lana's stunted acting ability (sorry) sure makes for some adorable scenes.

My fav part was most def the run. Shit looked like she was running from something chasing her in a scary movie. Her dress getting caught on something is the perfect white-girl-main character-in horror movie trope. lol

i  feel like that is exactly the vibe she was going for tbh XD

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

calm down beyonce 

CMTNbn-WwAANR10.png

I like how the video mirrors, very well, what james says about the video "being about her and not being about her". It could be about a generic person just wanting to escape or more specifically about lana dealing with the paparazzi

does this mean james franco directed the video?

honestly, the editing was trash so i made a few changes   :creep:

https://vimeo.com/136256897  

I like your edit but i think the meaning of the video gets lost 

I saw this in a banner ad quite synchronously on another site … looks like the gun ? http://www.amazon.com/gp/adlp/nerfmodulus/

ATUeoln.jpg

:deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  it's because u have been looking for nerf guns