AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

Damn but I need more of those techno tracks like they are so gooooooooddd!!!

Spoiler

Def couldve been a lenghtier album like easily couldve added a club side (NYBD/TMTD/Transnation/Blaze That Ass), I wouldve also added songs like Fly Bitch and Instruction…and I wouldve gotten thee perfet album. Im still very happy though, the fact that we actually got a posthumous release is amazing!

So good, but for sure not a "pop album" as was planned by her originally 

(Ty mods for deleting the accidental double post, it wasn't updating for me)

Also y'all saying 'no skips', when SOMEHOW Plunging Asymptote (which is already released, YEARS ago, that's bullshit) is on it, that's fucking crazy. That song is objectively trash, stop pretending to be bougie and act like it's art. It's shit. 

On 9/17/2024 at 4:52 PM, Fetiche said:

I’m like 99% sure The Dome’s Protection is Unpredictable Reality renamed

Could Live In My Truth, Why Lies, or Always & Forever be songs we know about just renamed (ala Berlin Nightmare)?

haven’t listened to the album yet, but to those that have: are there any songs that we knew of that have been renamed?

im so excited omg

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

3 minutes ago, suibhne said:

haven’t listened to the album yet, but to those that have: are there any songs that we knew of that have been renamed?

Not as far as I've noticed. Other than that abortion that is Plunging, or the masterpiece of My Forever or Love Me, the rest is mostly new

Side A (Experimental?)
1. The Full Horror

2. Flybitch
3. Rawwwwww
4. Plunging Asymptote
5. The Domes Protection

Side B (Pop 1)
6. Reason Why

7. Sunscreen
8. Live In My Truth
9. Why Lies

10. Reverse N Stop

Side C (Techno)

10. Do You Wanna Be Alive?
12. Elegance
13. Berlin Nightmare
14. Gallop
15. One More Time

Side D (Club)

16. Instruction

17. New York’s Burning Down

18. Take Me To Dubai

19. Blaze That Ass

20. Transnation

Side E (Pop 2)
21. Exhilarate

22. In The Rain
23. Always And Forever
24. My Forever
25. Love Me Off Earth

might use this as my tracklist, I just need help with tracking down the latest/most finished versions of some of these tracks

5 minutes ago, viktoria said:

accompanying ep.

this.

didn't they say in the recent article that they are planning future releases of singles and ep's of music that she wanted to release but wasn't meant for the album?

1 minute ago, Loon1e said:

this.

didn't they say in the recent article that they are planning future releases with singles and ep's of music that she wanted to release but wasn't meant for the album?

they said eps or standalone singles were possible!

last.fm

3 minutes ago, viktoria said:

the tracklist is perfect IMO but could easily see a deluxe edition or accompanying ep.

TRANSNATION — EP

Spoiler

— Take Me To Dubai

— Instruction

— New York’s Burning Down

— Let Me See Ya

— Make It Go Down

— Blaze That Ass

— Transnation

Pleaseeeeee :defeated:

1 hour ago, Cuntrol said:

So good, but for sure not a "pop album" as was planned by her originally 

(Ty mods for deleting the accidental double post, it wasn't updating for me)

Also y'all saying 'no skips', when SOMEHOW Plunging Asymptote (which is already released, YEARS ago, that's bullshit) is on it, that's fucking crazy. That song is objectively trash, stop pretending to be bougie and act like it's art. It's shit. 

I’ve been revisiting a lot of her old interviews and even up into 2019 Sophie often said that “the only kind of music is pop music” and other things along those lines. Seems like to her it just meant music trying to reach a wide audience. So I really do think, to her, this is a pop album. Many of the tracks would be considered pop by anyone’s standards, but as for the rest of them I think the fact that they have identifiable structures, tangible sounds, and vocals/hooks (for the most part), etc made them pop in Sophie’s eyes. I think an album Sophie would consider “experimental” would be so batshit off the walls that it might not even register as music to most people, so anything less than that is her exploring the possible forms and extremes of “pop” (which is hardly possible to define anyway). 

Also, plunging asymptote is a delicious rollercoaster of sensory confusion. There’s nothing else like it.

Has anyone ever shared the full list of songs Sophie pitched to Rihanna? Allegedly there was an entire folder that people got access to?

If not, anyone have a list of what’s confirmed and/or speculated to be from that batch?

1 hour ago, fossora said:

Damn but I need more of those techno tracks like they are so gooooooooddd!!!

Hide contents

Def couldve been a lenghtier album like easily couldve added a club side (NYBD/TMTD/Transnation/Blaze That Ass), I wouldve also added songs like Fly Bitch and Instruction…and I wouldve gotten thee perfet album. Im still very happy though, the fact that we actually got a posthumous release is amazing!

Spoiler

When u said Instruction + fly bitch I agreed 10000% those songs would’ve been a good addition in here

59 minutes ago, fossora said:

2. Flybitch

7. Sunscreen

10. Reverse N Stop

16. Instruction

17. New York’s Burning Down

18. Take Me To Dubai

19. Blaze That Ass

20. Transnation

22. In The Rain

might use this as my tracklist, I just need help with tracking down the latest/most finished versions of some of these tracks

Can someone help me in finding these?  Pretty please:worship: