AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

2 minutes ago, wulgaren said:

first time ive heard about this one - was it performed live? cant find it on setlist.fm, does it have any other titles?

pretty sure it's this, it's just a fan name https://soundcloud.com/vishwang/sophie-fiber?si=442bb62399de4c8fae4b1dc76ed22ad6&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

1 hour ago, wulgaren said:

yee i found this link, just looking for more info about it. there is so much unreleased sophie wtf

It was played during this show (i think it's the last ID track after JLWNSG) https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sophie/2014/fortune-sound-club-vancouver-bc-canada-2bfe9466.html

On 9/27/2024 at 10:11 PM, lakeemmahottie said:

Okay so I want some help: for sophie's live sets regarding her transitions. And especially when previewing stuff in 2019 (playing Berlin Nightmare, Reason Why etc etc), what other sets do we know of that used songs from the album we have? 

So far theres

The Full Horror into Take Me To Dubai
New York's Burning Down into Instruction

what other transitions were there that used the songs from the album?

anyone know anything?

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

21 hours ago, molliemorgeous said:

Got my vinyl but there's no code to the wavs. Can someone DM me them please who has them?

mod note: user was warned for this post

Understood, but I purchased the record and have pictures to prove it. I'm not buying the album twice... so it makes sense to ask for a wav file. 

anyone got potion/poison in high quality?

Supposedly 2 versions exist but the only one i have is lq

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

sdGEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_3.jpg?ex=67152815&is=6

Kind of figured the album's first section out (IMO). It's supposed to be "random" and make you question what comes next, maybe even make you a bit uneasy. In my eyes it's connected to the whole "unpredictable reality" concept at the beginning of The Dome's Protection. The song addresses the unpredictability of the first four tracks and then segues the whole thing back into "the dome" which in this case could be an area of safety and coherency, which is then illustrated through the remaining album's smooth progress from celebratory pop to techno and then to euphoric pop.

It's like "You need to understand that life can get unpredictable and strange, but here's a positive outlook on it, now go have fun"

I also can't help but see a connection to the pandemic here, after all it was a very unpredictable and uncertain time in our lives & SOPHIE did mention it causing a switch of consciousness in her. 

13 hours ago, Time said:

Kind of figured the album's first section out (IMO). It's supposed to be "random" and make you question what comes next, maybe even make you a bit uneasy. In my eyes it's connected to the whole "unpredictable reality" concept at the beginning of The Dome's Protection. The song addresses the unpredictability of the first four tracks and then segues the whole thing back into "the dome" which in this case could be an area of safety and coherency, which is then illustrated through the remaining album's smooth progress from celebratory pop to techno and then to euphoric pop.

It's like "You need to understand that life can get unpredictable and strange, but here's a positive outlook on it, now go have fun"

I also can't help but see a connection to the pandemic here, after all it was a very unpredictable and uncertain time in our lives & SOPHIE did mention it causing a switch of consciousness in her. 

During yesterdays interview, BC Kingdom stated that SOPHIE described their segment of the album as “the joy section” 

On 9/29/2024 at 4:57 PM, lakeemmahottie said:

anyone know anything?

I think she often did Burn Rubber —> Elegance or Burn Rubber —> Do You Wanna Be Alive? Also pretty sure Elegance into Berlin Nightmare was already a thing

Tbh most of her sets did not have a really fixed run except for the first three songs that were usually tmtd -> nybd -> burn rubber and reason why often played as the last song

If you wish to have any more info, I recommend checking this website, which has most of her setlists https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/sophie-13dd5df5.html

I was just reminded that yes, SOPHIE actually has an actual planet, in actual outer space, officially named after her.

SOPHIE is just like, so…….. BEYOND… :lange:

And I have to say I’m very happy that with this final record, that whole vibe and feeling carried over, from the latter half of the first album especially. It really does feel otherworldly. There’s like a darkness, and a really bizarre, almost tangible feeling that it’s being communicated from another realm.

And that quality, specifically, is what has always made SOPHIE’s passing feel so… poignant?  

And the final 4 tracks just feel like such a love letter… a couple of them feeling like a yearning to have her back. :wowcry: 

The album is just excellent.

On 9/29/2024 at 4:06 PM, molliemorgeous said:

Understood, but I purchased the record and have pictures to prove it. I'm not buying the album twice... so it makes sense to ask for a wav file. 

Why lies 

anyone else finds it weird how charlie's been silent for this release... maybe they weren't as close as we think? i know she wrote So I but IDK even st vincent wrote a song for her and she never even met her 

48 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

anyone else finds it weird how charlie's been silent for this release... maybe they weren't as close as we think? i know she wrote So I but IDK even st vincent wrote a song for her and she never even met her 

There's an interview with triple j where Benny mentions that Charli came to listen to the album and provided feedback or something of the sort. So maybe she's just tied up with the tour. And I still have my little crackpot theory that her and A.G. will do something with the unreleased/unfinished work someday, so maybe she's gearing up for that, who knows.