annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

A high-resolution vinyl rip is on the torrent sites

If you're not in love with this album and don't have a record player, get it, it is a m a z i n g on a hi-fi

i wish

mine ships on october 16 

kill me?

FzytWEW.png

http://instagram.com/p/73kNeSlnjn/ jesus i'm not ready  :defeated: Lana was actually saving money in UV to slay with the return of her amazing videos

Yes! She looks like well-groomed, beautiful, radiating sicilian matron or dominatrix, maybe unbridled mafioso widow ready for new criminal excitements, even juicier and prettier version of Monica Belucci, bathed and baked in hot mediterranean sun scattered with crickets. :hawt:

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

Listening to it for the first time rn. I went out and bought the regular version of the vinyl while I wait for my UO edition. :crying:

Freak is soooo chiiiill and gooodddddd. :defeated: 

lABVyGE.png

okay so Art Deco just slayed my so- OH MY GOD THE BURNT NORTON INTERLUDE JUST CAME ON FDSFDSJZFCK can Lana do a poetic talking album with beautiful instrumentals like thaT? like FUCK

lABVyGE.png

I give this amazing album an 8.5/10.

I finally got to listen to the whole thing from start to finish for the first time. It was amazing. Just when I thought I couldn't love MTWBT more, I heard it on vinyl and screamed at how beautiful it is. But yeah, the album itself is amazing. The only thing that irked me was the last 2 or 3 songs. Those are the songs I'm struggling the most with, but I guess it'll change in a day or two tho. Swan Song dissappointed me a little, and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood never really hit me at the first listen. I'm listening to the album for the second time now tho, so we'll see if I change my mind. They're really good songs, but not as amazing and mindblowing as the first 12.

BUT YES LANA. This album is amazing. UV was good, but this album is LITERALLY EVERYTHING I wanted from Lana.

God Knows I Tried reminds me so much of Bang Bang. :flutter:

Favorite track(s): Music To Watch Boys To/Art Deco

Least favorite track: Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

lABVyGE.png

I made these two last night, if you'd like to use one

HONEYMOON_COVER.jpg

Honeymoon_cover_2.jpg

I find the colours to be really awkward on the official front and back covers of Honeymoon  :toofunny:  i tried to make a cover last night like the ones above using the official back cover but I couldn't do it lmao

Thanks!

Has anyone posted about Swan Song maybe having some darker undertones? Some of the lyrics about never singing or working again and being free and going to sleep make the song sound like a suicide pact to me.

Alternatively, maybe she's suggesting she'll never sing to this guy again and that it's their swan song before she breaks up with him?

i hope the #2 or #3 on billboard 200 would make her realise how important promo is.  :creep:

(even though "its never about sales" for her)  :hooker:

I would trade a nr.1 BB200 debut to Sam Smith's last year sales everyday.

HM is so good that I really don't care that much about charts or reviews. I'm more interested in her upcoming BBC performance

Has anyone posted about Swan Song maybe having some darker undertones? Some of the lyrics about never singing or working again and being free and going to sleep make the song sound like a suicide pact to me.

Alternatively, maybe she's suggesting she'll never sing to this guy again and that it's their swan song before she breaks up with him?

Yeah I agree! I definitely got suicide vibes from the song! And I think "put your white tennis shoes on and follow me" becomes so chilling if you think of it in context of a suicide?

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

guyssss could the title honeymoon come from the deep relationship she had with barrie and then as soon as she cut him out of her life she started seeing fransisco. doing stuff like that is very dream like. having a dark relationship and then moving into something fun and sweet. i think she's singing about her time with barrie and her new life with fransisco and how it feels like some kind of honeymoon? 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

guyssss could the title honeymoon come from the deep relationship she had with barrie and then as soon as she cut him out of her life she started seeing fransisco. doing stuff like that is very dream like. having a dark relationship and then moving into something fun and sweet. i think she's singing about her time with barrie and her new life with fransisco and how it feels like some kind of honeymoon?

I was literally thinking the same thing after listening to the album all the way through! I think the sadder songs (Terrence, GKIT etc.) are about Barrie, while the happier/dreamier songs are about her meeting and then eventually dating Francesco and thus the album is a story.

could someone please pm me the album in highest quality? I've bought the vinyl and cd boxset. Got the vinyl in the mail (but I don't have a record player, I just buy it to collect), and the boxset doens't ship until november. And I don't have the money to buy another version. If someone could help me out please?