Sign in to follow this  
ilovetati

Honeymoon Reviews and Metascore

Who is writing these negative reviews? Almost all in spanish / portuguese. Looks like the same user with different accounts  :lmao:

I saw the same thing lol

a couple of them even have the same content, comparing it to BTD & Lorde

Who is writing these negative reviews? Almost all in spanish / portuguese. Looks like the same user with different accounts  :lmao:

brazilian from the favela

i wonder how pitchfork will go.

they gave btd a very weak review, 5/10, however the women who reviewed then said later on she thought maybe she was too hard on it.

they were nicer to UV though, it got a 7/10 from what i remember.

i doubt they'll go higher than a 7 for her ever in their lives, but so far the album seems to be getting a better reception than UV which did decent across review platform.

Although in general you're right, I hope this isn't an attempt to defend Miley Cyrus on his review of her latest album :toofunny: (I haven't seen him digging into anybody else)

EDIT: Never mind, he reviewed Born to Die & UV badly? :crossed:

Miley's new album is absolutely AMAZING.

FzytWEW.png

I think critics more or less know what to expect from her at this point in her career. Her weaknesses (vocals/lyrics) are so past the point of obvious that critics seem to pretty much ignore it now. So I can't say that the music itself is getting acclaim, but rather from Lana's ability to construct her distinct world/persona - if that makes sense. You can tell simply by the way they write about her now, almost as if they were playing along with her. Hence why I think most of them are giving her positive reviews.

I think critics more or less know what to expect from her at this point in her career. Her weaknesses (vocals/lyrics) are so past the point of obvious that critics seem to pretty much ignore it now. So I can't say that the music itself is getting acclaim, but rather from Lana's ability to construct her distinct world/persona - if that makes sense. You can tell simply by the way they write about her now, almost as if they were playing along with her. Hence why I think most of them are giving her positive reviews.

Because thats what they had to do in the first play, try to understand her, not bash her. 

Eh, her vocals sound great on HM. 

I'm very glad that she's getting generally favorable reviews. I hope she at least matches UV with her metacritic score. 

Her vocals sound amazing on every album. Except on Paradise (too much auto-tune, it's like another person singing)

huh, I don't think she sounds that different on Paradise? Maybe I'm not listening closely enough, tho. It all sounds like the same Lana to me. *shrugs*

yeah, I mean, listen to BE and Cola, it's not her voice! She never done anything like that live, you know? She's a great singer, but that's not her voice

(sorry for the bad english, it's not my first language)

People can do a lot of things in studio that they don't wish to replicate live, just because it can be harmful to their voice (mariah carey I'm looking at you). With Cola in particular and the high note in it, Lana's perfectly capable of doing it if she practices and doesn't harm her voice. She's done it once (Olympia in Paris 2013) and I think one other time and it was greeeaaatt.

smile.gif

People can do a lot of things in studio that they don't wish to replicate live, just because it can be harmful to their voice (mariah carey I'm looking at you). With Cola in particular and the high note in it, Lana's perfectly capable of doing it if she practices and doesn't harm her voice. She's done it once (Olympia in Paris 2013) and I think one other time and it was greeeaaatt.

Yeah, I know that, Lana have amazing high notes, I'm talking about the hook (idk if this is the correct term), you know? 

The other one was in Frankfurt I think, she SLAYED with that note  :flutter:

8nl2OpX.png

yeah, I mean, listen to BE and Cola, it's not her voice! She never done anything like that live, you know? She's a great singer, but that's not her voice

(sorry for the bad english, it's not my first language) 

There is no autotune here ... honestly it always bothers me that her etheric vocals on "Cola" are so buried in the mix … and BTW "American" has to have her best-ever vocal performance; this whole album is severely underrated