Please be careful sharing Sparklejumpropequeen links, they can potentially have your full e-mail on them ×
Sign in to follow this  
Florida

Born to Die Target Pressing Messup?

I apologize if this is in the wrong section. If a mod can move it, that'd be awesome.

--- 

It has come to my attention I've never seen any mention of a Born to Die (Target Version) with the tracklist being violet colored minus the bonuses being black. I don't follow Lana much anymore, so I'm not sure if this was known a while back. 

Does anyone know anything about this? I pray I don't have a bootleg. I had to re-buy a copy online from someone who claimed to have them (with the pics of the back and they all had the target sticker on them and were sealed) and the release matches all the information on here, minus the words being in violet. 

I also checked my files, and they're genuine high quality so it's not a crappy bootleg.

Please, if anyone knows anything, I'd be so grateful. 

P.S. If need be, I can provide pictures. 

P R O O F

1 / 2

Those are the best pics out of the 10, the rest are blurry. I can reattempt to take a pic of the bottom section

if need be. 

The only BTD version that I've seen on Target (in which I own) (been going to that store since 2006) is the one where you posted the discog  with black lettering only on the 2 extra tracks . Posts pictures of your version to see the difference 

The only BTD version that I've seen on Target (in which I own) (been going to that store since 2006) is the one where you posted the discog  with black lettering only on the 2 extra tracks . Posts pictures of your version to see the difference 

Yeah, I used to own it too, but I gave it to a friend for a gift (and my two trk VG single stupidly).

I don't have a steady hand, but I added them to the OP. 

It's because those are the exclusive Target tracks. If I'm not mistaken, BTD deluxe wasn't sold physically at first in the US??? So Target had the exclusivity on those tracks (minus Lucky Ones) physically.

It's because those are the exclusive Target tracks. If I'm not mistaken, BTD deluxe wasn't sold physically at first in the US??? So Target had the exclusivity on those tracks (minus Lucky Ones) physically.

Haha, no no, I know those are the Target bonus tracks. I'm asking why my copy has violet lettering unlike blue lettering here. All copies still selling online (sealed or unsealed) show it in blue lettering, + I used to own it and I remember it specifically being blue. 

Haha, no no, I know those are the Target bonus tracks. I'm asking why my copy has violet lettering unlike blue lettering here. All copies still selling online (sealed or unsealed) show it in blue lettering, + I used to own it and I remember it specifically being blue.

Ohhhh. I guess that's just the scan. If you notice the cover has a lighter shade of blue. I could be wrong, maybe it lost some color through time? Maybe it was exposed to the sun too much? Sun can degrade colors very quickly.

Ohhhh. I guess that's just the scan. If you notice the cover has a lighter shade of blue. I could be wrong, maybe it lost some color through time? Maybe it was exposed to the sun too much? Sun can degrade colors very quickly.

I believe the lighter shade of blue would just be because the scan isn't able to capture the real colors. You do make a point though, but my only thing is then why isn't the rest of the colors faded on my copy? The back isn't white, it's like a light tan (not sure what to call it) so it could still have some hues to go through. The black is pure black though so there's no color left to deteriorate.