Say Yes to Heaven

Freak Music Video Premiering February 9th

OMG THE BACKGROUND 

GGXcK0I7xTs.jpg

I CAN'T WAIT

the background looks as though she's sipping the koolaid from the plastic cup from the Honeymoon Sampler and if you look on the screen on the far top left you can see it's dripping down her chin

RVhKIwP.gif

Everyone's going on about Art Deco but like imagine a narrative surrounding a cult that Lana's a part of with Freak, Religion, GKIT, and 24.

Freak, Religion, God Knows I Tried would be a KILLER trilogy if she kept the cult theme going!

sioeQ.jpg

Freak, Religion, God Knows I Tried would be a KILLER trilogy if she kept the cult theme going!

Freak and Religion .. yeah. But GKIT doesn't really fit it if you look at the lyrics. I could see 24, Swan Song or The Blackest Day as part 3 though.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Am I the only one who doesn't get cult leader vibes from this? I don't know anything about Father John Misty so if its because of him then that makes sense. I mean I sort of get why with the lyrics, but for me I just think of her wanting to run away to California with her bad boy, who is really more bad than good like the BTD era. I get Shades Of Cool vibes with the lyrics too.

qsVmBMd.png

you don't understand how much i adore your analyses why has Lana not hired you as music video director we'd have such a treasure trove  :defeated:

Thanks! :) That would be a whole constellation of dreams come true  :flutter: And btw. I think Lana herself is visually more talented, imaginative and shrewd than her sis; she has that spark of a genius that never let itself explode to a full bloom after mesmerizing groundbreaking videocollages.

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

i love this idea and i am not trying to sjw on you, but how is any vocal "oriental"? i am genuinely asking a question, not trying to bait you

i wish the faeries in your concept would be like the faeries in True Blood and also have all my appendages crossed for a video in full color

Her dreamy hummings in the beginning of the first and second verse reminded me of traditional arabic chants.

And the fairytale element, I didn't mean stereotypical fairies with spiked ears and green or blue skin (although I fiercely welcome Lanaesque talons that can spoon misfortunate eyes out :D ), but more of aerial, otherwordly creatures whose eldritch quality would be depicted with video effects, like lighting, coloring, blurring, echoing, their snakeish wiggling, flowing locks of siren hair, their radiating, luminescent bodies, ethereal, surreal atmosphere and other wonders of visual manipulation and video direction. But I do agree with the True Blood part and partly ingenuous, partly vicious hippie foxes with medieval-like dresses incrustated with gems.

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

Dua Lipa keep lana on her toes. Very unexpected too exciting. Cant wait to see the part for the bridge especially, one of the best moments on the album  :flutter:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Am I the only one who doesn't get cult leader vibes from this? I don't know anything about Father John Misty so if its because of him then that makes sense. I mean I sort of get why with the lyrics, but for me I just think of her wanting to run away to California with her bad boy, who is really more bad than good like the BTD era. I get Shades Of Cool vibes with the lyrics too.

It's not because of the lyrics or FJM. Basically back in May/June 2014 Lana started to film the *Original* Ultraviolence video which was set to be about a cult. It seems like they finished it all but soon after Vice took over the production and changed Lana's plan and scrapped that video and gave us what we have now (a crappy video made with $2 app) so in 2015 Lana used scenes from the original Ultraviolence in the album sampler and some of the members on here noticed the water shots as the Pale Fire photoshoot which was apart of the UV video. So fast forward Lana uses the water shots for MTWBT and everybody is happy. Now she's announced the Freak video and in the album sampler when Freak starts we see more shots from the original UV video. And now the shots have likeness to the (real life) Heaven's Gate cult. The Heaven's Gate cult commited mass suicide by poisoning Kool-Aid and drinking it. I think they might've partied too. What do we see Lana and her friends doing? Drinking some red liquid, presumably Kool-Aid and having a grand ol' time! This is why we're thinking the video is Cult-like. :hooker: Hope I helped!

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif