Chris Cuomo

Is Lana Declining?

She already declined. But her sales are quite impressive for her, someone who doesn't really promote. In terms of quality, no. 'Honeymoon' is NOT a bad album and has some of the best songs she's ever written such as the title track, 'Terrence Loves You', and 'God Knows I Tried', even the 'The Blackest Day' is up there!

The album is enjoyable though I don't listen to it as much as the others. Her best album is Ultraviolence, and I think she should go back to making Rock influenced pop music again. It really suited her, her image, her voice, her lyrics, etc. 

I may be biased, because I love Lana a lot, as a person. I will always support her by showing her positivity, constructive criticism, and of course purchasing her music. For the fans who are less than impressed nowadays, I don't see the point in complaining. Just move on from her if you feel that way. 

Oh and on another note I think she should start writing for other mainstream artists. She can really write and she can definitely bring some substance into the Top 40. Songs like Puppy Love, Serial Killer, MMITPM, Prom Song, etc, showcase her writing abilities for more pop oriented music. She could easily write songs for artists like Britney, Selena Gomez, etc just like Charli XCX does.

Oh and on another note I think she should start writing for other mainstream artists. She can really write and she can definitely bring some substance into the Top 40. Songs like Puppy Love, Serial Killer, MMITPM, Prom Song, etc, showcase her writing abilities for more pop oriented music. She could easily write songs for artists like Britney, Selena Gomez, etc just like Charli XCX does.

oh hell naw oO

she shouldn't waste her talent on those untalented people.. (whose fans couldn't even appreciate it)

Just move on from her if you feel that way. 

It's not that easy. She cast a spell on us. I really love her voice on record and I'm still curious with what happens in her career. I think her next major career move (album) will be the turning point for me. If she comes out with another HM then I will have to admit that I overstated her talent and I will probably move on. I think that she needs a major shift in her topics to gain/maintain artistic credibility. Her peculiar solipsism it's exhausted, she needs to come out from her bubble but I'm not very optimistic about that tbh  

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

She's really big worldwide. Not Taylor Swift level but she's done pretty well. I haven't heard much about Honeymoon in my country, I don't think it did well here.

I liked Honeymoon. Maybe more than UV. I'm more listening to her unreleased songs lately. I love her peppy sounding songs, she's trying to be so dark lately because I think she thinks that's her image. Time for new songs

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

oh hell naw oO

she shouldn't waste her talent on those untalented people.. (whose fans couldn't even appreciate it)

I understand how you feel. But it's a great way for her to gain even more respect as a songwriter.

It's not that easy. She cast a spell on us. I really love her voice on record and I'm still curious with what happens in her career. I think her next major career move (album) will be the turning point for me. If she comes out with another HM then I will have to admit that I overstated her talent and I will probably move on. I think that she needs a major shift in her topics to gain/maintain artistic credibility. Her peculiar solipsism it's exhausted, she needs to come out from her bubble but I'm not very optimistic about that tbh  

Did you like ULTRAVIOLENCE?

Honeymoon wasn't bad, it was just less dramatic than her other albums. I think that's why lots of fans were disappointed. 

I honestly do not think she is declining. She's doing really good for using no promotion and for not doing as much with the albums like music videos, etc. Now, this is a really important summer for her since she's performing at 12 music festivals. Promo, promo, promo. I assure you, the people at the festivals will say "Let's go watch Lana" since she's a big name at all of the festivals. December 2015, Lana said she is already planning her next album according to NME and directlyrics. She's planning to release a more "New York style" album which will be more upbeat and less "California" dreamy. I'm thinking this will be more Born to Die/Unreleased style which will definitely be radio material.

I honestly do not think she is declining. She's doing really good for using no promotion and for not doing as much with the albums like music videos, etc. Now, this is a really important summer for her since she's performing at 12 music festivals. Promo, promo, promo. I assure you, the people at the festivals will say "Let's go watch Lana" since she's a big name at all of the festivals. December 2015, Lana said she is already planning her next album according to NME and directlyrics. She's planning to release a more "New York style" album which will be more upbeat and less "California" dreamy. I'm thinking this will be more Born to Die/Unreleased style which will definitely be radio material.

I don't know HOW many times it will be posted til you all start realising that  SHE NEVER SAID SHE IS GOING TO RELEASE THAT NEW YORK STYLE RECORD AS HER NEXT ALBUM.

The quotes from her interview were totally taken out of the context. She was just asked how a NYC record would sound in comparison to a Californian record (which was a stupid question anyway). She just gave the obvious answer that it would be grittier and louder, but never did she say that she will make that record, like ever.

I swear, I see it posted like once a day at least for months now. 

Tbh we should just wait and see what she has in store for us in the next album and see how good the next era is because I don't think we are too far away from a new single...

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

i look back at around the time of the billboard magazine shoot and im shook. wasn't even pregnant just eating good! She declined then glad the phase is over  :deadbanana:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

production of born to die was basically perfection. i cant even with that. :uh:

her popularity is still relatively high; i agree her lyrics ruin it a bit and may make new listeners think shes a bit basic in that regard.

we all know she can write beautifully but has gotten lazy in recent albums. i certainly do not agree Honeymoon's production was 'better', but on par with BTD. but BTD's production in all areas was beautiful.

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.