PARADIXO

'West Coast' Turns 2

In September 2014 my sister lent me her iPod Shuffle so I could use it to go running. I put a lot of songs on it, and quickly the two songs that became the most played were second MPG and first... West Coast. The rest is history :crying4: This song changed my life for real and the emotion is the same every single time and will always be. I will never get tired of the chorus, I will always get the same intense chills when the synth starts at the end, I will always get excited just thinking that I'm about to play it. Every versions brings different but just as violent feelings of satisfaction. The video for it is my favourite produced Lana video, perhaps because it's so simple and genuine and so close to her, perhaps because it's basically fan art of something that means so much to her and so I relate being fascinated by fan culture and myself a fan of hers, there's no gimmicks in this video, it's just Lana and her friends having fun and looking absolutely STUNNING, it's what I aspire to and to be. It's also such a concentrate of Ultraviolence.

And above everything, missing the premiere will always be my most bitter regret. If one song in the existence of humanity deserves the term "masterpiece", then truly, by all aspects, it's West Coast, and I will never be able to thank Lana enough for creating it because it made me get into her and she's the best thing that ever happened to me.

I swear to God that made the Earth I'm going to lose my virginity on this song

ZKcaooE.png

I remember the anticipation on this forum as well, waiting for that damn radio show so it could premiere. Wow, getting emotional here, you guys  :crying4:

It all happened during one of the happiest times of my life, so I'm just being a nostalgic old sucker.

for me it's totally different since UV I'm a huge fan of her

See I love UV, waaay more than Honeymoon. But BTD was when I became such a fan and joined this cult. lol Nothing tops National Anthem and Million Dollar Man for me. And her unreleased stuff? UGH. Lana just was waay happier and the sound had so much going for it, so different, so much to bump to.

I love the original single version that first came out where her chorus vocals were kind of muddled...it's been replaced everywhere (iTunes, CDs, etc) by the one with the more clear vocals and drums, it doesn't make me feel as much. I hope I never lose my copy of it.

I love the original single version that first came out where her chorus vocals were kind of muddled...it's been replaced everywhere (iTunes, CDs, etc) by the one with the more clear vocals and drums, it doesn't make me feel as much. I hope I never lose my copy of it.

Yeah, I'm with you. The first audio version she posted on youtube right?