Lana Shot A Music Video - Possibly For Love?

how do you know when a song is actually a single and when not? Genuinely asking :P talking about Lana, of course

If it got a digital release as a standalone song, then it is at least a promotional single (Brookyn Baby) but some of them got videos too (Burning Desire, Carmen, etc). If the song was released close or after the album's release date, then most of the time it's an official single and it'll most probably get a video too (Music to Watch Boys To, Shades of Cool). If the song is sent to radio then it's obviously a single.

Official worldwide singles: Video Games, Born to Die, Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness remix, Ride, Young and Beautiful, West Coast, Shades of Cool, Ultraviolence, High By the Beach and (probably) Music to Watch Boys To.

Promo singles: Off to the Races, Carmen, Burning Desire, Blue Velvet, Brooklyn Baby, Terrence Loves You, Honeymoon.

Singles for selected countries: National Anthem (Europe), Summertime Sadness (Germany), Dark Paradise (Poland), Black Beauty (Germany).

Even if it was the best, highly doubt she'd make a video for it considering all the videos for Honeymoon related to the song. Art Deco is about a bunch of teens going out at night and considering how dreamy her videos are I highly doubt she'd make a video about teenagers going out at night

Even if it was the best, highly doubt she'd make a video for it considering all the videos for Honeymoon related to the song. Art Deco is about a bunch of teens going out at night and considering how dreamy her videos are I highly doubt she'd make a video about teenagers going out at night

ummm, I really don't see how her videos being dreamy could stop her from doing a video like that, if she did Tropico, which has the most rare visuals compared to her usual style, I don't see why not

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

How come no one on this board has mentioned that the official LONG video of Honeymoon was released and is on youtube? The actual visual video not the lyric one that only had a few seconds at start and end.

including purple flowers and the name of the book she was reading.

Is a really interesting video

(and once again IMHO the entire album is only about one person divided into two parts of the same person, an epic-battle that resolves itself upon repeated circular listens.)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

How come no one on this board has mentioned that the official LONG video of Honeymoon was released and is on youtube? The actual visual video not the lyric one that only had a few seconds at start and end.

(and once again IMHO the entire album is only about one person divided into two parts of the same person, an epic-battle that resolves itself upon repeated circular listens.)

but we did... there's a thread for it

Where? I have not seen it

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

How :rip:

I feel like she's been working on this new album since like late August just because we know MTWBT was filmed like June of last year and HBTB was in like July and wasn't all of Freak reused UV era stuff? Well I have this gut feeling this new album will be really good. Just because of the BTD and based off what eclipse has said. So BTD the demos were upbeat and ended up slower and eclipse did say that her new demos felt like HM 2.0. Either, her demos closer to the final product will pick up speed and be faster or go ever so slower. So it's possible that the music video is for her new album and if she has more big gaps between festivals it's possible that she will film more music videos possibly for her new album. It'll defintley be released later this year or early in next year(if she needs to fix stuff) for sure to keep the 15 month difference.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

At this point im just annoyed lol ... I hate guessing games with Lana why cant she just give us a better idea like normal celebrities.  :toofunny:

she hasn't even announced anything yet :rip: why would you be annoyed?

If it got a digital release as a standalone song, then it is at least a promotional single (Brookyn Baby) but some of them got videos too (Burning Desire, Carmen, etc). If the song was released close or after the album's release date, then most of the time it's an official single and it'll most probably get a video too (Music to Watch Boys To, Shades of Cool). If the song is sent to radio then it's obviously a single.

Official worldwide singles: Video Games, Born to Die, Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness remix, Ride, Young and Beautiful, West Coast, Shades of Cool, Ultraviolence, High By the Beach and (probably) Music to Watch Boys To.

Promo singles: Off to the Races, Carmen, Burning Desire, Blue Velvet, Brooklyn Baby, Terrence Loves You, Honeymoon.

Singles for selected countries: National Anthem (Europe), Summertime Sadness (Germany), Dark Paradise (Poland), Black Beauty (Germany).

I don't think Shades Of Cool was a "worldwide single", I think it was a promo single aswell, some for MTWBT. Both of them just got a bit more of attention because they got videos and are great songs. Oh and Dark Paradise was released in Germany and Austria aswell and as far as I know Summertime Sadness was worldwide too, the Germans/Austrians just had their own radio mix (like with West Coast). And Black Beauty was never ever really released as a single, it was planned to be and got the remixes but was NEVER EVER played at ANY radio or promoted in ANY way. Did not even had it's own cover. So I guess it's more of a "halfway scrapped" single.

But yeah, I'm also annoyed when people keep on refering to Freak as a single just because it got a bloody video. If you think like this, all three songs from Tropico would be singles aswell.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don't think Shades Of Cool was a "worldwide single", I think it was a promo single aswell, some for MTWBT. Both of them just got a bit more of attention because they got videos and are great songs. Oh and Dark Paradise was released in Germany and Austria aswell and as far as I know Summertime Sadness was worldwide too, the Germans/Austrians just had their own radio mix (like with West Coast). And Black Beauty was never ever really released as a single, it was planned to be and got the remixes but was NEVER EVER played at ANY radio or promoted in ANY way. Did not even had it's own cover. So I guess it's more of a "halfway scrapped" single.

But yeah, I'm also annoyed when people keep on refering to Freak as a single just because it got a bloody video. If you think like this, all three songs from Tropico would be singles aswell.

Yeah you're probably right. However the difference between SOC and MTWBT is that Shades got so much attention it even got played on the radio despite its length and Music wasn't event sent to radio :toofunny:

Hmm, I believe Summertime Sadness was just a Germany/Europe single.. I remember the digital release of both the song and the video and it was all exclusive to Europe. Then the remix was released as a WW single. I may be wrong though.

Thanks for the contribution.

Maybe the new video could be for Wild One or Beautiful People? They are after all co-written by Justin Parker and I don't believe he did any work on Honeymoon did he? Maybe they've been working on these songs during Honeymoons time. It could be for Beautiful People if you think about it. Just a speculation.

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A