PrettyBaby

Create an Unreleased Lana Album/Playlist

So I think Lana's/Lizzy's best album is easily AKA, and I kinda wanted to re-imagine/enjoy it in a different way; It's nothing special, but I came up with 'Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant: Let My Hair Down' (longest title award?):

iKbT6BFTWsyzP.png

Cover and back cover made by the always great Beemo

1. Kill Kill

2. Queen of the Gas Station (Demo, not the acoustic one)

3. Oh Say Can You See

4. Gramma

5. Let My Hair Down

6. For K Part 2 (Demo)

7. Jump

8. Mermaid Motel

9. Raise Me Up (Early Mix)

10. Pawn Shop Blues

11. Brite Lites

12. Put Me In A Movie (Early Mix)

13. Smarty

14. Yayo (Acoustic Demo, the one featured on 'No Kung Fu')

Again, it's nothing special, but part of the re-imagining for me was also re-creating the titles. I also feel like Let My Hair Down could have come straight from AKA, and now that I think of it, HDB v1 (or whatever the less produced one is called) would have fit nicely too. And if you're a mixtape junkie like me, and like to print off covers/burn CDs, here's the tracklist (it's in the same order, but with alternate titles I came up with, or the demo titles):

iS9noWsWsTjAj.png

Also, while I know it's possible that LMHD may be Dance Man, but is unlikely to be Dance Money, Dance Money is cooler than Dance Man so I went with it :hottie:

Edit:

Well, I really wanted to add HDB to it, so I made a deluxe version and Beemo made a new back artwork. :smile:

Tracklist (continuing from previous list):

---
Hundred Dollar Bill v1/less produced version
Come When You Call Me v1
Television Heaven

iY7NBpE20Pikp.png

Edit: Didn't know Pawn Shop Hunny was used by someone, sorry @@Hundred Dollar Bill :eek:

While I make playlists sometimes, I spend a lot more time making my own mixtapes out of Lana's endless discography. I have a handful made up, but only two of them are beautiful & finalized, so those are the ones I'll be sharing! :) I spend a lot of time rearranging the tracklist and stuff so that the songs sound well next to each other. I had to cut off the silence at the start/end of some of the songs so they'd flow together well. I'm really proud of these so I'd love to hear your opinions on them! :)

ZW6ns.png

RFP0Q.png

whats pawn shop hunny?

So I think Lana's/Lizzy's best album is easily AKA, and I kinda wanted to re-imagine/enjoy it in a different way; It's nothing special, but I came up with 'Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant: Let My Hair Down' (longest title award?):

iKbT6BFTWsyzP.png

Cover and back cover made by the always great Beemo

1. Kill Kill

2. Queen of the Gas Station (Demo, not the acoustic one)

3. Oh Say Can You See

4. Gramma

5. Let My Hair Down

6. For K Part 2 (Demo)

7. Jump

8. Mermaid Motel

9. Raise Me Up (Early Mix)

10. Pawn Shop Blues

11. Brite Lites

12. Put Me In A Movie (Early Mix)

13. Smarty

14. Yayo (Acoustic Demo, the one featured on 'No Kung Fu')

Again, it's nothing special, but part of the re-imagining for me was also re-creating the titles. I also feel like Let My Hair Down could have come straight from AKA, and now that I think of it, HDB v1 (or whatever the less produced one is called) would have fit nicely too. And if you're a mixtape junkie like me, and like to print off covers/burn CDs, here's the tracklist (it's in the same order, but with alternate titles I came up with, or the demo titles):

iS9noWsWsTjAj.png

Also, while I know it's possible that LMHD may be Dance Man, but is unlikely to be Dance Money, Dance Money is cooler than Dance Man so I went with it :hottie:

Edit:

Well, I really wanted to add HDB to it, so I made a deluxe version and Beemo made a new back artwork. :smile:

Tracklist (continuing from previous list):

---

Hundred Dollar Bill v1/less produced version

Come When You Call Me v1

Television Heaven

iY7NBpE20Pikp.png

im in love with that :whoopi:

idk where to put let my hair down and c u l8r @@SitarHero help :(

WFWGREj.png

iELvK5n.png

okay so can i request or ask ideas on how to order an album of all of lanas old material but like her softer more quieter songs? i really want an album of her old relaxing things but i'm so bad at arranging them  :icant:

You'll have to post the songs you want on it!

okay so can i request or ask ideas on how to order an album of all of lanas old material but like her softer more quieter songs? i really want an album of her old relaxing things but i'm so bad at arranging them  :icant:

Are you thinking more 2005-2009 (acoustic rock like Fordham Road), or more 2009-2012 (soft pop like I Don't Wanna Go)? And when you say "relaxing," do lyrics matter? ("Disco" and "Get Drunk" are anything but relaxing IMO)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

You'll have to post the songs you want on it!

Are you thinking more 2005-2009 (acoustic rock like Fordham Road), or more 2009-2012 (soft pop like I Don't Wanna Go)? And when you say "relaxing," do lyrics matter? ("Disco" and "Get Drunk" are anything but relaxing IMO)

I was thinking like a mix of the stuff below!!

ie6R4MZ.png

qHi7ZAG.png

But yeah a lot of her earlier stuff was what I was thinking but also songs like I Don't Wanna Go and I find Disco super relaxing! The lyrics don't matter I was sort of thinking about the vibes of the songs  :flutter:

I know some of my dates are wrong D: 

dont-deliver-us-from-evil.jpg

Slightly off-topic but I seem to remember that Lana has said that she has a playlist with 50 songs that she plays every day and tortures her team with, but I'm not sure if that's something I've made up because I can't find a source for her saying it.

She did say in this interview (at around 11:20) that she has an 8 song playlist that she plays every morning but I'm sure she's also talked about the 50-song one. Three of the songs in the 8-one are Teen Idle, I'm on Fire and Hotel California (which I've put in the 50-one too). It kills me that I will never know all the songs or the order of them  :smokes3:

Anyways, these are the songs I've assumed she has in her 50-playlist and it's based on this and this interview:

tumblr_mq91qbI8ms1rdytrlo6_1280.png

found one of her playlists: https://play.spotify.com/user/lanadelreyofficial/playlist/5ezgUjRwk7v2atZxUCIsyS

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

What do ya'll think of these?

nbx7.jpg

Born to Die: The Rejects

1. Driving In Cars With Boys

2. Butterflies (Part 2)

3. Hundred Dollar Bill

4. American Dream (Damn You)

5. Hollywood's Dead

6. Velvet Crowbar

7. Live or Die

8. You Can Be the Boss

9. Kinda Outta Luck

Butterflies (Part 2) seems odd to me, to be honest. But I want to add:

You & Me

Dum Dum

On Our Way

Us Against the World

Should those go in there?

oo69.png

Paradise: The Rejects

1. Young and Beautiful

2. Starry Eyed

3. JFK

4. I Don't Wanna Go (Black Leather Moonlight)

5. Hollywood

6. Serial Killer

Made this yesterday

iAXgYLPAnUyk4.png

Tracklist:

1. Ride (String Arrangement)

2. Black Beauty

3. TV in Black & White

4. Goodbye Kiss

5. Never Let Me Go

6. Angels Forever, Forever Angels

7. Chelsea Hotel No. 2

8. Yayo

9. Your Band is All the Rage

10. Lucky Ones

11. Pawn Shop Blues

12. Video Games

13. Ride

Very laid-back type of playlist. I recommend for rainy days

The Girl You Used To Call The Queen of New York City

I made this a while ago, I called it "Now My Life Is Sweet Like Cinnamon" but I'm open to suggestions. I wanted to make a playlist of songs from 2010 and 2011 to kind of re-live the time when I was first discovering Lana but I wanted to give it some kind of rough storyline. It starts when Lana's still young being a little badass that was ~born bad~ and ends with her making it big.

1. Driving In Cars WIth Boys (Version 1)
  2. Children of the Bad Revolution
  3. Kinda Outta Luck
  4. Serial Killer
  5. Go Go Dancer
  6. Put the Radio On
  7. You Can Be the Boss
  8. Dum Dum (Version 2)
  9. Puppy Love
  10. Paris
  11. On Our Way
  12. Never Let Me Go
  13. I Don't Wanna Go
  14. Afraid
  15. Carmen (Demo)
  16. Diet Mountain Dew (Demo 1)
  17. Without You (Demo 1)
  18. Blue Jeans (Demo 1)
  19. Born to Die (Demo 1)
  20. Dark Paradise (Demo 1)
  21. Video Games
  22. Radio (Demo)
  23. National Anthem (Nexus Demo)

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I made this a while ago, I called it "Now My Life Is Sweet Like Cinnamon" but I'm open to suggestions. I wanted to make a playlist of songs from 2010 and 2011 to kind of re-live the time when I was first discovering Lana but I wanted to give it some kind of rough storyline. It starts when Lana's still young being a little badass that was ~born bad~ and ends with her making it big.

1. Driving In Cars WIth Boys (Version 1)
  2. Children of the Bad Revolution
  3. Kinda Outta Luck
  4. Serial Killer
  5. Go Go Dancer
  6. Put the Radio On
  7. You Can Be the Boss
  8. Dum Dum (Version 2)
  9. Puppy Love
  10. Paris
  11. On Our Way
  12. Never Let Me Go
  13. I Don't Wanna Go
  14. Afraid
  15. Carmen (Demo)
  16. Diet Mountain Dew (Demo 1)
  17. Without You (Demo 1)
  18. Blue Jeans (Demo 1)
  19. Born to Die (Demo 1)
  20. Dark Paradise (Demo 1)
  21. Video Games
  22. Radio (Demo)
  23. National Anthem (Nexus Demo)

I like the title for it :hawt: And it reminds me of a playlist I have focusing on her being fame-hungry that's pretty good and goes down the years. Called "Endless World Tour" from a previous playlist (@ people who keep track like PrettyBaby) but has a better tracklist:

1. A Star for Nick

2. Junky Pride

3. You're Gonna Love Me

4. So Legit

5. Put Me in a Movie (Demo)

6. Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)

7. Brite Lites

8. Hit & Run

9. Beautiful Player

10. Breaking My Heart

11. Never Let Me Go

12. Back to tha Basics

13. Video Games

14. Afraid

15. Tired of Singing the Blues

16. Noir

17. Gods & Monsters

18. Carmen

19. Last Girl on Earth

20. Radio (Demo)

21. I Don't Wanna Go

22. Young & Beautiful

23. Ride (Video Version)

Opinions? Suggestions?

IDK I was bored and wanted to make a make-belief album in between AKA and BTD, pretending she was singing as Lana Rey Del Mar (not saying that's an accurate date to use the name, as I have no idea when she used that name, nor the dates of the songs :lel: ) and, yea. I kinda wanted AKA vibes and I would like some suggestions *summons @@PrettyBaby  :legend: *

TRASH or Trash (Miss America)

iXttC1P5jbGWl.png

psCrYGk.png

I kinda wanted surfish vibes, cause that's my fav kinda Lizzy. I'm open to suggestions (for both adding and removing tracks, and order) but it must start with Trash and must have all of Princess Superstar's tracks. Summer Of Sam sticks out, but I wasn't sure how to end the album. BCD is also kinda weird but it's my answer to the crazyness of Smarty :lel: . And YGLM and YBIATR are there in lieu of OSCYS and PSB [i was thinking 1949 instead of YGLM? I chose YGLM to follow up the "every time that you walk out on me..." of Maha Maha with "...you're gonna love me, I'm gonna make you..." :pft: ]. I want it to somewhat mirror LDRAKALG. Diet Mountain Dew is there to support the theme that this was here before BTD, hence the demo pick. :smile:

Suggestions plz (especially how to end the album). Cover by Beemo :tyvm:

IDK I was bored and wanted to make a make-belief album in between AKA and BTD, pretending she was singing as Lana Rey Del Mar (not saying that's an accurate date to use the name, as I have no idea when she used that name, nor the dates of the songs :lel: ) and, yea. I kinda wanted AKA vibes and I would like some suggestions *summons @@PrettyBaby  :legend: *

TRASH or Trash (Miss America)

iXttC1P5jbGWl.png

psCrYGk.png

I kinda wanted surfish vibes, cause that's my fav kinda Lizzy. I'm open to suggestions (for both adding and removing tracks, and order) but it must start with Trash and must have all of Princess Superstar's tracks. Summer Of Sam sticks out, but I wasn't sure how to end the album. BCD is also kinda weird but it's my answer to the crazyness of Smarty :lel: . And YGLM and YBIATR are there in lieu of OSCYS and PSB [i was thinking 1949 instead of YGLM? I chose YGLM to follow up the "every time that you walk out on me..." of Maha Maha with "...you're gonna love me, I'm gonna make you..." :pft: ]. I want it to somewhat mirror LDRAKALG. Diet Mountain Dew is there to support the theme that this was here before BTD, hence the demo pick. :smile:

Suggestions plz (especially how to end the album). Cover by Beemo :tyvm:

oh my god, PERFECT AS IT IS! dont touch :oic:

@@keanefar

1. Trash -- love it

2. Diet Mtn Dew demo -- have you considered Lolita demo 1? It's one of the (3:51) demos; I'd describe it as "soft surf noir."

3. YBIATR - I can see this standing in for OSCYS, but it seems more country than surf. What about You & Me?

4. Hawaiian Tropic -- a must-have for the playlist, but I wonder if it would work best as the album closer? Could use Heavy Hitter here.

5. Boarding School -- despite the "South Beach Swing" line, and the noir vibes, it still doesn't feel surf to me. Maybe consider Party Girl.

6. Catch & Release -- Really weird, but I think it could work as a stand-in for Jump. Paradise (the song) is happier tho, and you could use C&R later as a stand-in for Raise Me Up.

7. Maha Maha -- love it!

8. YGLM -- I love this as a stand-in for PSB!

9. You could put Catch & Release here as a stand-in for Raise Me Up

10. Motel 6 -- I like it. (Does it represent RMU or Brite Lites? Either way, I like it.)

11. Moi Je Joie -- love it!

12. Pin Up Galore -- love it!

13. Behind Closed Doors -- Yes! Perfect answer to Smarty

14. Television Heaven -- Not sure why it's here, but I like it

15. Summer of Sam -- This song is so N.Y.C. I think you could close here with Hawaiian Tropic. Unless you want to end on a happier note? Then maybe Summer Wine or Driving in Cars. I also think On Our Way is a great closer; even tho it's not surfish, it could be like, driving away from the coast or something...

I haven't had time yet to check the flow of anything, so yours might be better; but these are the suggestions I thought of.

My "surf noir" (or at least "surf") playlist, just for laughs (I'm not entirely satisfied with it):

Party Girl:

Pin Up Galore

Lolita demo 1

St. Tropez

Paradise

My Best Days

Summer Wine

Jump

Mermaid Hotel

Heavy Hitter (James Dean remix)

Kill Kill

Burning Desire

Trash Magic/Miss America

Summertime Sadness

Maha Maha (version 1)

You & Me

Dark Paradise

Hawaiian Tropic

Driving in Cars (demo)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

@@keanefar

1. Trash -- love it

2. Diet Mtn Dew demo -- have you considered Lolita demo 1? It's one of the (3:51) demos; I'd describe it as "soft surf noir."

3. YBIATR - I can see this standing in for OSCYS, but it seems more country than surf. What about You & Me?

4. Hawaiian Tropic -- a must-have for the playlist, but I wonder if it would work best as the album closer? Could use Heavy Hitter here.

5. Boarding School -- despite the "South Beach Swing" line, and the noir vibes, it still doesn't feel surf to me. Maybe consider Party Girl.

6. Catch & Release -- Really weird, but I think it could work as a stand-in for Jump. Paradise (the song) is happier tho, and you could use C&R later as a stand-in for Raise Me Up.

7. Maha Maha -- love it!

8. YGLM -- I love this as a stand-in for PSB!

9. You could put Catch & Release here as a stand-in for Raise Me Up

10. Motel 6 -- I like it. (Does it represent RMU or Brite Lites? Either way, I like it.)

11. Moi Je Joie -- love it!

12. Pin Up Galore -- love it!

13. Behind Closed Doors -- Yes! Perfect answer to Smarty

14. Television Heaven -- Not sure why it's here, but I like it

15. Summer of Sam -- This song is so N.Y.C. I think you could close here with Hawaiian Tropic. Unless you want to end on a happier note? Then maybe Summer Wine or Driving in Cars. I also think On Our Way is a great closer; even tho it's not surfish, it could be like, driving away from the coast or something...

I haven't had time yet to check the flow of anything, so yours might be better; but these are the suggestions I thought of.

My "surf noir" (or at least "surf") playlist, just for laughs (I'm not entirely satisfied with it):

Party Girl:

Pin Up Galore

Lolita demo 1

St. Tropez

Paradise

My Best Days

Summer Wine

Jump

Mermaid Hotel

Heavy Hitter (James Dean remix)

Kill Kill

Burning Desire

Trash Magic/Miss America

Summertime Sadness

Maha Maha (version 1)

You & Me

Dark Paradise

Hawaiian Tropic

Driving in Cars (demo)

NOOO I had a whole response typed up and lost it all :crying2: ... I'll type it up again. Anyways, when you get a chance to listen, let me know how you like this :) Explanation after the jump :tyvm:

TRASH

jA763XG.png

Well I don't feel like typing all that again :crying5: So I'll make it brief.

Thanks so much for your help!

So I LOVE Lolita (Demo 1) there, didn't know how awesome it was. I think with YBIATR, I'll replace it with Fordham Road. I think it calms the playlist nicely in-between Lolita and Heavy Hitter, and answers OSCYS nicely. Then I used your suggestion for Heavy Hitter, and took Hawaiian Tropic to the end and swapped it with SOS. Ends way nicer now.

I think I really like Boarding School there. Oh, and Motel 6 is for Raise Me Up (not necessarily fitting, but in terms of a faster song, ya know?) and Moi Je Joue is for Brite Lites. I changed the order so YGLM could follow up Maha Maha, like I mentioned before.

Let me know how you like it and thanks so much :) Oh and Television Heaven & Golden Grill are there because I love 'em for a Lizzy album No. 2, and thought they fit :lel:

I liked @@keanefar's idea of mirroring albums so instead of being helpful I did that for all of them :oic:

LANA DEL RAY PT. 2

1. The Man I Love (in lieu of Kill Kill)
  2. Trash Magic (in lieu of QOTGS)
  3. Dance Man (in lieu of OSCYS)
  4. Heavy Hitter (in lieu of Gramma)
  5. Golden Grill (in lieu of For K Part 2)
  6. Hey Lolita Hey (in lieu of Jump)
  7. Maha Maha (in lieu of Mermaid Motel)
  8. Catch and Release (in lieu of Raise Me Up)
  9. Hawaiian Tropic (in lieu of Pawn Shop Blues)
  10. Come When You Call Me A.M.E.R.I.C.A. (in lieu of Brite Lites)
  11. Strange Love (in lieu of PMIAM)
  12. Motel 6 (in lieu of Smarty)
  13. Every Man Has His Wish (in lieu of Yayo)

BORN TO DIE PT. 2

1. Last Girl on Earth (ilo Born to Die)
  2. Us Against the World (ilo OTTR)
  3. Backfire (ilo Blue Jeans)
  4. Afraid (ilo Video Games)
  5. You Can Be the Boss (ilo DMD)
  6. Dangerous Girl (ilo National Anthem)
  7. You & Me (ilo Dark Paradise)
  8. Hollywood's Dead (ilo Radio)
  9. Children of the Bad Revolution (ilo Carmen)
  10. Breaking My Heart (ilo MDM)
  11. Television Heaven (ilo Summertime Sadness)
  12. Driving in Cars With Boys (ilo TIWMUG)
  13. TV in Black & White (ilo Without You)
  14. Oooh Baby (ilo Lolita)
  15. On Our Way (ilo Lucky Ones)

PARADISE PT. 2

1. Angels Forever, Forever Angels (ilo Ride)
  2. JFK (ilo American)
  3. Playing Dangerous (ilo Cola)
  4. I Don't Wanna Go (ilo Body Electric)
  5. Chelsea Hotel No. 2 (ilo Blue Velvet)
  6. Serial Killer (ilo G&M)
  7. Black Beauty (ilo Yayo)
  8. Young & Beautiful (ilo Bel Air)
  9. Hollywood (ilo Burning Desire)