Jack

Melanie Martinez

Revisited k-12 with the release of fire drill and let me just say.

It’s very clear which of these songs were meant for the ALBUM and which songs were meant for the FILM.

K-12 is just a very weird blur in the lines between soundtrack and LP.

Show & Tell

Nurse’s Office

Drama Club

Detention

Teacher’s Pet

Recess

Fire Drill

All sound like they have an applicable theme that connects Melanie to the album/film.

Whereas songs like Wheels On The Bus, Class Fight, Orange Juice, etc,

All just seem like songs Melanie used to fill the gaps between the film’s concepts.

Idk, it’s hard to explain.

It’s very easy to tell which songs received all of melanies effort and which didn’t.

Revisited k-12 with the release of fire drill and let me just say. It’s very clear which of these songs were meant for the ALBUM and which songs were meant for the FILM. K-12 is just a very weird blur in the lines between soundtrack and LP. Show & Tell, Nurse’s Office, Drama Club, Detention, Teacher’s Pet, Recess Fire Drill All sound like they have an applicable theme that connects Melanie to the album/film. Whereas songs like Wheels On The Bus, Class Fight, Orange Juice, etc, All just seem like songs Melanie used to fill the gaps between the film’s concepts. Idk, it’s hard to explain. It’s very easy to tell which songs received all of melanies effort and which didn’t.

This is just a weird and confusing post for multiple reasons. Songs like The Principal among others that you didn't mention in your list are connected to Melanie's life at the time she was writing the song so I don't see your point. 

This is just a weird and confusing post for multiple reasons. Songs like The Principal among others that you didn't mention in your list are connected to Melanie's life at the time she was writing the song so I don't see your point. 

Almost as weird and confusing as getting an unasked for opinion on my opinion, from a stranger

Anyway The Principal is an ugly song, with cheesy and mundane lyrics. That's why I didn't include it... anything else I can clarify for you?

Almost as weird and confusing as getting an unasked for opinion on my opinion, from a stranger Anyway The Principal is an ugly song, with cheesy and mundane lyrics. That's why I didn't include it... anything else I can clarify for you?

''Almost as weird and confusing as getting an unasked for opinion on my opinion, from a stranger'' You are acting like this isn't a discussion thread on a forum? don't be shocked when you get responses.

You're allowed to not like The Principal and other K-12 songs, but saying that some of these songs were just made to fill up time in the film and don't have any connections to Melanie's life is strange considering the fact that for most of the songs you did not mention, that is clearly not the case. 

The Principal is one of my favs on the album. It's a whole bop and the orchestral instruments are so nice to listen to. It has a good metaphor too. 

It’s shit and doesn’t make any sense

Doesn't make any sense? I think the meaning of that song is quite clear 

The principal stan mad

It’s shit and doesn’t make any sense

it makes sense. also are you even a Melanie fan?

giphy.gif

not people getting mad over someone using a forum for its intended purposes what............. anyways can she release the after school EP fire drill is good but i'm kinda over it

9ISvyf0.gif

It's not like the lyrics aren't painfully bleak, mediocre, and easy to understand or anything

and btw yes i respect melanies work, but she's made it very hard to appreciate the art recently.

she hasn't grown at all

Anyways!

It's not like the lyrics aren't painfully bleak, mediocre, and easy to understand or anything

First you said the song didn't make any sense and now you're saying it's easy to understand? why are you backtracking?