Mileena

Paradise - Pre-Release Thread

...for her the songs are perfect or she wouldn't have released any of them

Well, on the flip side, we don't necessarily know if this true. Label influence and downright interference is always a possibility. There is a long history of recording artists releasing material that they weren't happy with. None of us (unless someone here isn't talking) know what's going on behind the scenes.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

In my opinion, if 5 Point Records already had so much influence on the record, I'm guessing Interscope, Polydor and Universal are going have an even bigger influence on her and the record. She may be stubborn but she can't do whatever she wants to.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I'm really loving the extended snipped or whatever it is of Cola

so far some lyrics of gods and monsters make me cringe a bit, but the song itself sounds so promising, so i'll have to wait to hear the full thing

i think i prefer aka version of yayo.

i love body electric, loved it since she sang it live, but i think "grand ole opry" part sounds better live

i think i'll like american, and won't care for bel air.

all in all i don't think it will be a hugely impressive album, but from experience i'm sure it'll grow on me, and in the end i'm still glad we're getting something new from her.

I can't center this thistumblr_lywc1eFwqG1r939eeo1_500.gif

That whole incognito singer line in Gods & Monsters feels squeezed in, it just uncomfortably sits there and It bothers me. I feel if she replaced or removed a word or two but still kept the same meaning, it'd be better. It just feels really oddly placed.

Projecting again...

1. Cola

2. American

2. Gods and Monsters (really can't choose, these are ones I'll definitely need in full to determine)

3. Ride

4. Body Electric

5. Burning Desire

6. Bel Air

7. Blue Velvet (already seems old, doesn't it?)

8. Yayo

Luckily everything's impressing me but Yayo...I'll just stay over here with the other three versions we have...

Just ask a UK'er if they'd help you if you believe they're trustworthy / you know them.

I'd be up to help anyone if they needed it and i'm sure others would too :)

Now you agree to it!

I actually do want to enlist you. Closer to the release, though, probably.

Guest Maru the Cat

The screaming girl from Gods & Monsters better be in more songs, I like her better than AT-L tbh.

I agree.

surgeries.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

Someone should've put the scream when Lana says "Pussy"

My pussyAAAAHHHHHH tastes like pepsi cola

surgeries.gif

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

surgeries.gif

On the negative side: These are just my opinions, not trying to be a bitch/downer or whatever. Cola is...stupid. And God and Monsters seems like Radio 2.0, like let's see how many times I can say fuck to prove my gangsta Nancy Sinatra swag. They seem like they're just sexual for the shock value. Like, I know your wife and she wouldn't mind, I'm looking to get fucked hard...really. Those lyrics don't really come across to me as an intelligent woman exploring her gender and sexuality in deep beautiful ways like some people have been saying to me.

On the neutral side: Body Electric seems okay, if a little edited. I love the production, I just hope her vocals are better when the final version comes out. Yayo is Yayo, I think it's fine in any incarnation.

On the positive side: American is pretty cute. Ride, Burning Desire, and Blue Velvet are great, even if they've already been released. BEL AIR IS HEAVEN OMG IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL I WANT TO CRY. It's like a creepy Silent Night. This is the Lana I fell in love with.

there is a light & it never goes out