Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

OMG :defeated:

Can you just switch the colors and use that pink-ish red that was used on BTD or light blue?

Candace?

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Let's take a look at alt radio top 10.

1. IMAGINE DRAGONS

2. THE REVIVALISTS

3. TWENTY ONE PILOTS

4. RAG N BONE MAN

5. COLD WAR KIDS

6. ANDREW MCMAHON

7. BASTILLE

8. CAGE THE ELEPHANT

9. MISSIO

10. DREAMERS

I mean accept that Lana isn't played on pop.

But she can't even get played on the irrelevant radio format.

Like she is even BELOW alternative. I mean look at the fucking list. I know about 3 artists on that list. It's full of irrelevants who can't even sell 5K of their albums.

Yet they are getting exposure to TENS OF MILLIONS of people. Yeah that's right. Alt station is way smaller than pop but it's still in the tens of millions.

Lana Del Rey is a non existing sub underground level artist.

Who gained presence purely on digital marketing handled by her domain investing father Rob Grant.

Lana is the first and the only "successful" online artist.

That Poppy tried the concept but failed.

Lana Del Rey is a non existing sub underground level artist.

I am glad you are finally realising this (albeit 3 years late). Am I a fool for hoping you'll STFU from now on? 

At first, I really thought that Rob has nothing to do with Lanas career but after seeing him contiously post review articles, billboard, anything to do with Lana online....I thought otherwise.

Then i rember that Rob is a domain investor who is very experienced in business and marketing. He may not "fund" her career but he has his hand in it for sure.

http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2008/april.htm

There is no need to argue anymore about her commercial choices. Lana bet her career on her fandom and that will not change in the future. It's obvious that she will drop information bit by bit about the album, on her social media, until the release. She will do some interviews with friendly outlets (she'll be very tactful) and photoshoots in magazines that have no impact whatsoever on her sales. After the release she will probably do again a festival tour with little media coverage as possible. So probably 80% of the people who bought BTD will not know that her album is out (same as the HM era). Lana has no interest in her commercial success and it seems to me that no one (label, managers) have any leverage on her. It's her way or the highway and I respect that

Rob isn't any old guy.

"Grant went on to win several major advertising awards including The President's Award for Outstanding Creative Achievement in 1982 for the Northwest Airlines campaign and a variety of awards for television including one for an Izod Lacoste campaign."

His team should do more research on how to advertise Lana better. His tumblr work went well. But tumblr isn't popular anymore.

Start injecting Lana into Snapchat asap.

Who gained presence purely on digital marketing handled by her domain investing father Rob Grant.

Lana is the first and the only "successful" online artist.

Receipts? I've seen this asserted many times, but never with any actual evidence.

At first, I really thought that Rob has nothing to do with Lanas career but after seeing him contiously post review articles, billboard, anything to do with Lana online....I thought otherwise.

This is not evidence of what you're claiming.

Then i rember that Rob is a domain investor who is very experienced in business and marketing. He may not "fund" her career but he has his hand in it for sure.

http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2008/april.htm

Yes, the evidence does not back up Lana's claims suggesting her family is not rich, or that her dad had no role at all. But I've also never seen any actual evidence her dad played any hugely significant role in her career either.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

it's cute but I hate the title in red. Gives me too much HM vibes and it doesn't go well with the blue

I Agree...

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Its a theory. It ain't shade or anything I love dalai.

Rob is fucking 60 and he's not a normal 60 year old.

He understands the internet VERY WELL.

Chuck is another one but with photography. Lana has a very supportive (ing) family.

It's a combination of image crafting and good advertising.