Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I'm pretty sure the album won't be released in June because that month is full of big releases from other alternative girls and even Dua Lipa (who shares Lana's managers so they wouldn't obviously allow such thing).

Late May would be reasonable, why would she wait until July if she has already shared the album cover.

She is a pop act now.

Mfhp.gif

She is a pop act now.

Girl where, we know she doesn't do alternative music but she's still not considered pop. Just as Lorde is doing dance music yet she's still an alternative act

giphy.gif

somewhere in watford, close to london. this is the house and someone actually managed to find the exact address and posted in in one of the btd related threads.

I can't believe it's in the UK. I always thought is was in Cali. Even better cause it's not far from where I live. +1 to my bucket list.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Girl where, we know she doesn't do alternative music but she's still not considered pop. Just as Lorde is doing dance music yet she's still an alternative act

liability is dance?? and lorde already said that's the most pop song so...(green light)

I love how all of our box sets came today like we all totally didn't rush to get them cause they're discounted LMAO

Psht. I didn't rush.........didn't even notice it was discounted........(seriously tho i hope you get your cassette replaced)

Her grammy nominations say another word and some other nominations too.

And she is Hollywood Sadcore.

I never knew BTD is a rock album :)

Mfhp.gif

liability is dance?? and lorde already said that's the most pop song so...(green light)

Y'all don't understand what I'm saying. Green Light a pop song, and so is Love but the general public doesn't see Lana and Lorde as pop stars, rather alternative-pop.

giphy.gif

Lorde is on top 40 radio. Shes not alternative at all.

Lana isn't even charting on alternative radio.

Even artists like Grimes and St Vincent, Father Jonh Misty could chart.

Lana literally doesn't exist on the radio.

Y'all don't understand what I'm saying. Green Light a pop song, and so is Love but the general public doesn't see Lana and Lorde as pop stars, rather alternative-pop.

love isn't pop.

Or alternative.

Not played on either format.

Take a look at each format:

http://kworb.net/radio/

Lorde is on top 40 radio. Shes not alternative at all.

Lana isn't even charting on alternative radio.

Even artists like Grimes and St Vincent, Father Jonh Misty could chart.

Lana literally doesn't exist on the radio.

love isn't pop.

Or alternative.

Not played on either format.

Take a look at each format:

http://kworb.net/radio/

You can still be alternative/pop even if you don't chart well or are not played on the radio... there are plenty of artists that exist within a genre even if they aren't on the radio

i feel like it's a real insult when people call lana's music pop. Not that pop is bad. It's average. But Lana however, is far beyond that. She's on another level

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i feel like it's a real insult when people call lana's music pop. Not that pop is bad. It's average. But Lana however, is far beyond that. She's on another level

To me a lot of her songs aren't pop at all. Especially the UV and Honeymoon album, f.ex. "Honeymoon" (the song) or "24" or "Flipside". Lana's really hard to categorize since she encapsulates a lot of genres into her music.

Okay, I don't listen to pop music, and I don't think lana is pop (I don't think she fits nicely into any genre), but I have a hard time agreeing that a whole genre with thousands of songs could possibly be blanketed as "average." There is some pop music which is average and some which is not you can't tell simply by looking at its classification

UV had a lot of rock influences, but generally Alternative Pop is the most fitting classification. She's not mainstream, but most of her songs still have a very pop-ish construct and production, especially BtD, Paradise and Love.

But people here like to throw around fancy classifications for every sh*t because they seemingly think pop means average

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

You can still be alternative/pop even if you don't chart well or are not played on the radio... there are plenty of artists that exist within a genre even if they aren't on the radio

you can call any artist whatever you wish.

But these are facts and official actual formats.

Not your random iTunes tag or music library tag.

What bothers me the most is the fact that people who listen to pop would consider her alt. (Which is fine)

But those alt heads who hate everything pop call Lana "mainstream" a pop artist. Which is far from the truth. The fact is those artists these group listen to get more radio time than Lana.

Gorillaz, Death Grip, Borns, Zella, Beach House, 1975, Artic Monkeys actually get tons of airplay on alt stations.

Lana exists in an odd vacuum of popularity.