Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

You guys are so impatient and dramatic jesus. The album is coming, she didn't scrap it, and we already have two singles (one which came too early btw).

yep. preorder tomorrow?

The fact is, the wait was longer bc Love was released sooner than expected (it was supposed to be mid-March) and then that fucked up w/ a lot of other releases (LFL, maybe the artwork too). But that just don't justifies the fact it's not up for preorder. I mean, if it's really supposed to be released May 26th then the preorder should be already up. I still think we will get it tomorrow or by the end of this week. 

And if they are thinking about delaying it, they're making a HUGE mistake. But then again, it's Lana's management we're talking about (Ed and Ben suck on what they do)

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

You guys are so impatient and dramatic jesus. The album is coming, she didn't scrap it, and we already have two singles (one which came too early btw).

i don't want anything now excpt a release date and then i will wait for it 

Sigh Lana, I am so over this era but I know it's not gonna get any better from here. The album will be released in a few weeks and we will be lucky to get another music video after that.

Honestly if May 26th is the release date, I don't know whats holding them back from releasing the preorder. I'm just gonna be patient, I'm trying not to listen to Love or L4L cause it just reminds me how boring this era is and I don't wanna over play them.

I have to say this:

I really think it's exaggerated to say this era is boring, or that Love and LFL remind you how boring this era is. Like, gurl, it hasn't even started yet.

And at least we're going to have photoshoots and shows and we didn't have that with Honeymoon. Don't say this era is boring bc it's not. Love is beautiful (both the song and video) and LFL is amazing as well.

Easy guys  :candy:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I don't buy the "she is too afraid it will leak" scenario. She basically gave away two song titles herself.

And this time around her label tried a different release strategy than with UV and HM. With UV and HM, there were only promo tracks released to push the first week sales. Love and Lust For Life were proper singles with radio adds and all and they didn't do very well.

And before somebody tells me "OMG LANA DOESN'T CARE ABOUT CHARTS!!!!111", well this may or may have been true, however she has Haynie, Blanco, The Weeknd and Max Martin credited for her songs and none of them made a significant splash. I am sure her label does care and I am sure, she probably wanted it this time around. Otherwise there is no explanation why she flew all the way to Sweden to ask Max Martin for advice. Imagine that in 2014? Not possible.

This album has either been pushed back or they simply don't care about it anymore at all. Halsey, Lorde, Dua Lipa all releasing around the same time. All with more successful material so far. They will eat her alive.

I don't buy the "she is too afraid it will leak" scenario. She basically gave away two song titles herself.

And this time around her label tried a different release strategy than with UV and HM. With UV and HM, there were only promo tracks released to push the first week sales. Love and Lust For Life were proper singles with radio adds and all and they didn't do very well.

And before somebody tells me "OMG LANA DOESN'T CARE ABOUT CHARTS!!!!111", well this may or may have been true, however she has Haynie, Blanco, The Weeknd and Max Martin credited for her songs and none of them made a significant splash. I am sure her label does care and I am sure, she probably wanted it this time around. Otherwise there is no explanation why she flew all the way to Sweden to ask Max Martin for advice. Imagine that in 2014? Not possible.

This album has either been pushed back or they simply don't care about it anymore at all. Halsey, Lorde, Dua Lipa all releasing around the same time. All with more successful material so far. They will eat her alive.

I agree with some things you said, Ratsey will maybe release something that's gonna be popular, Lorde as well but Dua... 

I started as a big fan of hers but when they delayed the release of her debut album just because of some random feats... The track with Miguel is awful, she changed a bit of her main idea for her album and I really don't think she will deliver. 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif