Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I don't buy the "she is too afraid it will leak" scenario. She basically gave away two song titles herself.

And this time around her label tried a different release strategy than with UV and HM. With UV and HM, there were only promo tracks released to push the first week sales. Love and Lust For Life were proper singles with radio adds and all and they didn't do very well.

And before somebody tells me "OMG LANA DOESN'T CARE ABOUT CHARTS!!!!111", well this may or may have been true, however she has Haynie, Blanco, The Weeknd and Max Martin credited for her songs and none of them made a significant splash. I am sure her label does care and I am sure, she probably wanted it this time around. Otherwise there is no explanation why she flew all the way to Sweden to ask Max Martin for advice. Imagine that in 2014? Not possible.

This album has either been pushed back or they simply don't care about it anymore at all. Halsey, Lorde, Dua Lipa all releasing around the same time. All with more successful material so far. They will eat her alive.

ok can u delete halsey and dua thx

???, ?????????

I agree with some things you said, Ratsey will maybe release something that's gonna be popular, Lorde as well but Dua... 

I started as a big fan of hers but when they delayed the release of her debut album just because of some random feats... The track with Miguel is awful, she changed a bit of her main idea for her album and I really don't think she will deliver. 

She will do good in the UK and Germany. These are her main markets anyway. Markets Lana had all for herself basically. 

I mean, Lana has The Weeknd on her last single and he is one of the biggest pop stars right now and the song didn't go anywhere. Like, how is that even possible when even Max Martin adviced you? 

I can understand if Universal is concerned. And she has been silent about the single since the day it dropped. She at least promoted Love via Instagram for a while

just because most of us don't like them it does not change the fact that Badlands sold more than Honeymoon. And it was not even that close.

:trisha: 

HM deserved better :trisha:

???, ?????????

She will do good in the UK and Germany. These are her main markets anyway. Markets Lana had all for herself basically. 

I mean, Lana has The Weeknd on her last single and he is one of the biggest pop stars right now and the song didn't go anywhere. Like, how is that even possible when even Max Martin adviced you? 

I can understand if Universal is concerned. And she has been silent about the single since the day it dropped. She at least promoted Love via Instagram for a while

That's true, but like, in my opinion they will make things much worse if they really push back the release date. 

Her silence is truly disconcerting... 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I have a serious premonation that everything will come in the same time.. Magazines, video, album, a baby...  :facepalm:

Steven Klein will save us. 

I can understand if Universal is concerned. And she has been silent about the single since the day it dropped. SHe at least promoted Love via Instagram for a while

Yeah, true. I'm confused that she does nothing. LFL could be big hit with proper promotion. The Weeknd, Martin, FINALLY MUSIC VIDEO. And now it's nothing. Hope they have something. Rich Lee has made another video but I doubt it's for LFL. 

giphy.gif

THAT SONG IS PLAYTHING BY LIAMERE MY FAVE SONG DONT START THESE FAKE LEAKS SHIT

thanks for sharing the song's name I LOVED IT i've just downloaded the album in bandscamp

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

That's true, but like, in my opinion they will make things much worse if they really push back the release date. 

Her silence is truly disconcerting... 

It is. It would be a horrible move, but I doubt she would say anything if they have really pushed it back. This is viewed as highly unproffesional in the industry. She has to sit it out.

u guys are so fucking dumb ,  making stuff that inst true guys lana just hasn't pre order fucking wait  she has a date for that and why the fuck do u want such a long pre order the pre order just for the hard fans fucking calm you tickling ass and this era is nothing boring fucking look at katy Perry era or selena gomez  ?????????? u just want to much lana is happy she is never been happier and she will deliver the album of course she will stop dramatizing  everything   

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

Ok, let us be positive then. I am giving out handjobs for free if this album drops in May, ha!

spread that lust for life

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.