Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I just want to wake up tomorrow to the news that LFL has been released, then arrive in home by afternoon, download it and listen to it during the whole weekend

That's kind of my plan.

I don't know how to feel about Lana suddenly deciding to add new songs if Coachella is any indication of the quality. I just pray to god that it didn't make it onto the album. Also, if Marina, Borns og G-Eazy is on the album I'm not buying it. I would be fine with Courtney or A$AP Rocky tho. 

I AM MY ONLY GOD

more songs & collabs... yikes.

lana clearly has no direction or cohesive vision for lust for life. it feels like a bunch of random songs put together. by trying to please us and create an album just for the fans, she's lost who she is.

Agree :defeated:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Why are all of you soo mad when She gave you 4 albums with no collabs at al(if we don't add A.K.A). If that's what she wants to do then let it be. I am excited to hear a Marina collab even though I don't think that they're voices are not going to match.

-Homeland of the Gods-

Why are all of you soo mad when She gave you 4 albums with no collabs at al(if we don't add A.K.A). If that's what she wants to do then let it be. I am excited to hear a Marina collab even though I don't think that they're voices are not going to match.

I don't have a problem with collabs, in fact I'm extremely excited for Stevie Nicks and Sean Ono. I have a problem with collabs with terrible artists such as Marina, Borns and G-Eazy.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I don't have a problem with collabs, in fact I'm extremely excited for Stevie Nicks and Sean Ono. I have a problem with collabs with terrible artists such as Marina, Borns and G-Eazy.

Me too..I would love FJM tho

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

more songs & collabs... yikes.

lana clearly has no direction or cohesive vision for lust for life. it feels like a bunch of random songs put together. by trying to please us and create an album just for the fans, she's lost who she is.

She obviously has a very clear direction for the album.

In reality, fans are just too precious about Lana's legacy.

I've said it a billion times in this thread:

This kind of stuff doesn't cheapen her. It means she's looking for more artistic vision, input and sound for the new album.

All legendary artists collaborate at some point. A persons legacy doesn't need to solely be their own work. We've not even heard any of the collabs (bar weeknd) and we're already judging that the album has "no direction"? Really?

Most artists you know collaborate at some point. Just because she has a lot of collaborations doesn't mean it's a bad album, the best way to explain this is super groups. Super groups obviously feature a range of different collaborations by iconic artists, but they rarely fail.

John Paul Jones, Dave Grohl, Josh Homme = Them Crooked Vultures

Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker = Cream

Chris Cornell + Pearl Jam = Temple of the Dogs

Alex Turner, Miles Kane, James Ford = The Last Shadow Puppets

Even Abba were a super group. So guess what? Lots of contrasting artist input to one album doesn't make it a bad album. I wish people would just hold out and, you know, listen to the music?

This kind of stuff doesn't cheapen her. It means she's looking for more artistic vision, input and sound for the new album.

All legendary artists collaborate at some point. A persons legacy doesn't need to solely be their own work. We've not even heard any of the collabs (bar weeknd) and we're already judging that the album has "no direction"? Really?

Most artists you know collaborate at some point. Just because she has a lot of collaborations doesn't mean it's a bad album, the best way to explain this is super groups. Super groups obviously feature a range of different collaborations by iconic artists, but they rarely fail.

Agreed. Collabs mean exposure, too!! (Although she doesn't really need it)

giphy.gif

Thank you for sharing that it's so nice! Just listened to it all while lying on the grass in the sun in the garden lust for life who??

it's beautiful isn't it, so sad though :(

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

John Paul Jones, Dave Grohl, Josh Homme = Them Crooked Vultures

Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker = Cream

Chris Cornell + Pearl Jam = Temple of the Dogs

Alex Turner, Miles Kane, James Ford = The Last Shadow Puppets

Even Abba were a super group. So guess what? Lots of contrasting artist input to one album doesn't make it a bad album. I wish people would just hold out and, you know, listen to the music?

I agree that people need to chill and wait to actually hear the album before making too many judgements... But I think the fact that the release date has been pushed back for yet more collabs when we already have quite a few suggests lana doesn't really have a definite direction for it.

Like why not wait til after the album to record those collabs and release as an EP or something? Pushing back the date for collabs that aren't even made yet seems like she's not too bothered about the overall sound/direction of the album

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

Guys, can you save all the leaks, so we could have them also once the album is out?? OFC if leaked songs aren't on the album 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I agree that people need to chill and wait to actually hear the album before making too many judgements... But I think the fact that the release date has been pushed back for yet more collabs when we already have quite a few suggests lana doesn't really have a definite direction for it.

Like why not wait til after the album to record those collabs and release as an EP or something? Pushing back the date for collabs that aren't even made yet seems like she's not too bothered about the overall sound/direction of the album

Or it just means she wants to refine/add more. There's nothing wrong with that. And it's not just collabs the album was pushed back for, and we'll never truly know (bar what's already confirmed) what it was pushed back for. Could have been pushed back for songs like Cherry.

She's clearly bothered if she would put off the entire collection for the sake of refinement.

If ben said she's adding more songs then we must be getting a big tracklist. I'd imagine the original album had about 12 - 14 tracks, but if she's adding more then we could be aiming for 16 or more tracks! this is quite exciting! i hope this is the case

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Or it just means she wants to refine/add more. There's nothing wrong with that. And it's not just collabs the album was pushed back for, and we'll never truly know (bar what's already confirmed) what it was pushed back for. Could have been pushed back for songs like Cherry.

She's clearly bothered if she would put off the entire collection for the sake of refinement.

But she doesn't even know what the collabs will sound like? I am surprised she has given us a release date at all if she's still recording songs for it idk it doesn't seem like someone who cares a lot about the tracklist and how it all fits together. That's the kind of stuff you want to be sure of and finished with before you start promoting it and doing album trailers... idk I can see the date being pushed back again if she really is making more collabs

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart: