Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

The last 65 seconds of the song are perfect. This song is a grower - I'm starting to enjoy it even more after finding out it's a "bonus" and not an official promo single.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I like this song infinitely more now that I know it's not going to be on the album. Sort of how there are a bunch of unreleased songs that I love, but would hate to be official releases. It's cute as a random song, but not strong enough (in my opinion) to be part of her official discography.

On a side note, if Barrie inspired UV, and Francesco inspired HM - what the hell is G-Eazy going to inspire?!

malena09.gif

I like this song infinitely more now that I know it's not going to be on the album. Sort of how there are a bunch of unreleased songs that I love, but would hate to be official releases. It's cute as a random song, but not strong enough (in my opinion) to be part of her official discography.

On a side note, if Barrie inspired UV, and Francesco inspired HM - what the hell is G-Eazy going to inspire?!

Maybe LDR6 cause she just me him...I guess that this album will be influenced by Jonathan Wilson cause they hanged out together a lot when she was working on it

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

once i get used to the beats (aka i can choose to ignore them),

COachella - woodstoCK IN MY MIND sounds so good :defeated:

there are some elements (flute, bass, some effects) that you will discover when you replay it enough to get used to the beats cause theyre really too soft to be overshadowed by the beats

(but yeah, they're still not that polished enough to be on the album, no matter how many times i play. it sounds like a great demo in HQ tho)

giphy.gif

I have slowly been converting my friend into joining the Lana cult. :creepna:

He ran into see me this morning at school and was soooo hyped about the new song!

Not long intil he goes through inittiation :creepna: (aka wearing a flower crown and memorising Ride monolouge).

I think the only reason it's not called Stairway to Heaven is because of you know the famous Led Zeppelin song

Yeah, that's what I thought. But IDC about LZ, I'll just rename it  :teehee:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Love tanked because it was leaked. Coming out weeks ahead of schedule will do that to a song.

The Lust for Life song release...is a mess. And the only thing that makes sense to me is that Lana did the whole Radio 1 premier thing simply to head off a leak, which would only damage the overall album rollout more. (I mean, there's also the possibility she did it just to do it, but to release a song weeks before it was scheduled to come out, only to not push it to radio and to not release its MV until its previously scheduled date makes zero sense).

We don't know that, though.

I remember reading here that people had Love, Architecture, Subversive Road, and another song. The last two could have been lies but...I wouldn't put it past traders to have those songs and other ones.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120517/16400818960/new-study-says-leaked-albums-popular-artists-lead-to-more-sales.shtml

http://petehatesmusic.com/2013/09/10/anatomy-of-an-album-leak-how-they-happen-the-impacts-and-what-should-be-done-about-leaks/

Effects of Leaks on Album Sales

With the knowledge of how albums typically leak and how artists react to leaks, possibly the most important question of all is “what is the effect of leaks on album sales?” Well, that depends on who you ask.

A 2012 study showed that illegal downloading actually helps album sales. The thorough study is by an assistant professor at North Carolina State University, Robert G. Hammond. The report, entitled Profit Leak? Pre-Release File Sharing and the Music Industry, looks at album leaking and its effects in detail.

Using data from an exclusive file sharing website that allows users to share music files using the BitTorrent protocol, Hammond concludes that “an album benefits from increased file sharing: an album that became available in file-sharing networks one month earlier would sell 60 additional units.” I guess artists can go ahead about buy that yacht they always wanted.

Separate from album leaking, Hammond notes that file sharing benefits mainstream pop albums more than indie music, and that the effects of file sharing are double for acts who have sold over 100,000 copies versus acts that have not. The paper claims to be the first to study music album leaks, so clearly further studies and sample sizes are needed, but the results might surprise some people.

So people that buy albums do exist! Media website PMunWIRED.com took a poll of readers, and asked “How likely are you to buy music after it has been leaked?” 80% of respondents said it depends how they feel about the artist. 20% said it didn’t make sense to buy music that they could get for free. Generally, it seems if an album is good and worth having, people will pay for it.

When asked by me his thoughts of the impact of leaks on sales, Drowned in Sound founder Sean Adams noted that “Maybe the impact of leaks is not as much as it was in the P2P (peer to peer) era pre-Spotify, as the major streaming services which have had as big an impact on piracy as they have had on sales. Then again, with album premieres on the Guardian, NPR and Pitchfolk Advance, a lot of albums are being leaked by the labels as a marketing tool. I’m not sure this listening booth experience that had become an endless parade of new releases, is really generating sales and it’s certainly not bringing in enough royalties to bring things back to the glory days of the CD-era.”

Despite a high-profile internet leak ten weeks before its release (mentioned earlier in this article), Radiohead’s Hail to the Thief debuted at number one in the United Kingdom and number three in the United States. Also mentioned earlier, The White Stripes album Icky Thump leaked 20 days early, but still hit number 2 in the States and number 1 in the UK. For the big artists, leaks might impact overall sales numbers, but don’t seem to impact chart position or put any upcoming tours in jeopardy.

Leaks don't really affect albums nor sales, in fact in SOME cases even HELPS them.   :oprah3:

Take Joanne for example, the album leaked a month before its release yet it has a completely sold out world tour and 2 singles that did amazing. Joanne did so well that she's already putting out new music.

Multiple studies have proven so, as shown above. Love didn't "tank" because it was leaked. It may be that you think it tanked because you don't hear it on the radio where youre from but that doesn't mean it's not doing well. It just means the people at ur local station don't have taste  :hooker:

Coachella is one of the best written songs since Born to Die tbh.

Don't @ me

It's got a few lines that I love. And some really really cringey lines. I think if she hadn't rushed it and played with it a little more it would be much better.

I love the outro so much

LIZARD PEOPLE

Coachella is one of the best written songs since Born to Die tbh.

Don't @ me

We could go back to New York

Loving you was really hard

We could go back to Woodstock

Where they don't know who we are

Heaven is on earth

I will do anything for you, babe

Blessed is this, this union

Crying tears of gold, like lemonade

I was at Coachella

Leaning on your shoulder

Watching your husband swing and shine