Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Honestly, they probably are gonna wait till around the release date to put up the pre-order. Commercial suicide, or not! Once that tracklist gets out, the leaks will get worse. The reason people started finding "YAIL" at the time was because Eclipse had to go teasing the lyrics and the title. Same with BAR! Think about how we got Lust For Life like a week after the song was officially mentioned to have Abel, and Max Martin writing on it. It didn't leak! I think it's best to keep their mouths sealed shut. I wouldn't be surprised if people already have Tomorrow Never Came since people already know who is working on the song and probably know where to look for it at.  

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

I know that apparently summer officially starts on June 21 or something but who on earth considers mid-June to be spring? Spring release would imply a May release

May 26th is official and final af. sooooooo many websites and sources already showed this. It's probably just gonna be a suprise release or the preorder this friday. i guess 3 weeks isnt that short for a preorder

May 26th is official and final af. sooooooo many websites and sources already showed this. It's probably just gonna be a suprise release or the preorder this friday. i guess 3 weeks isnt that short for a preorder

honeyslay went on preorder 10 days before the release is'nt it? 

I agree, we should just count on that date as the official release date because I'm pretty sure that's when we'll finally be able to listen to this godsend. 26 more days people.

I hate being a uni student waiting for the album because exams are going to kill me when the album is finally out :defeated:

This! Right now I would have all the time in the world, but of course she has release the album at the end of May when I'll have to start preparing for all the exams. :suicide:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Halsey's album is up for pre-order. Tracklist included.

Lorde's album is up for pre-order. Already premiered 4 tracks or 5, I don't remember anymore.

Lana, two songs out. No release date, no pre-order. No tracklist.

Could be that they don't even have a release date or that they are simply not very confident about this album. Anything else makes no sense. Sorry.

I think both of their albums will do better. Both have radio support and Halsey is currently Top20 on pop radio and her single got discounted and has risen on iTunes while gettin decent streaming numbers.- Capitol will keep pushing her single for a while now til the album drops. They will succeed because their labels know how to push them to avoid a major floppage while Interscope does very little. Interscope is not even capable placing Lana on ALTERNATIVE radio. Just think about that for a hot second.

And before anybody tells me, Lana does not care, I doubt it with this release. Otherwise she wouldn't have flown to Sweden to ask Max Martin about his opinion on her titletrack or having Benny Blanco as a co-producer on her lead. Just look up the credits who is all involved in making these two songs even being recorded, but then it all gets wasted. 

And this teasing technique is not working. People don't have patience for this "coming soon" tomfoolery. They move on if it's not up for streaming or sale immidiately.

I want her to do as well as you do, but I think (hope) she's making her stand on the basis of the music she will drop being strong, so that all will be forgiven (though I haven't actually been as discomfited as many of you, so I don't need to forgive her). She's not interested in single sales because she is more interested in streams and album sales, and she expects the album, itself, to be the main promo engine for that. Maybe she thinks playing "hard to get" will make the final reveal sweeter and more effective at generating sales. On the other hand, she is at least dropping substantial info and generating hype from her collabo choices and album artwork. As for her avoiding radio (or interscope being incapable of getting her there), maybe she hates radio, in principle (because you have to pay for exposure?), and prefers user-directed streaming, idk. As for her going out of her way to get a Max Martin input (probably something the label paid for), the anecdote in the Courtney Love conversation, suggests that it was just a minor tweak that had a big impact on the form of the song, and so she unsurprisingly gave him a writing credit. That was probably the only payment he received for it, and I'm sure he was motivated to give his opinion, because she is an interesting artist. This last is just my speculative opinion of course. Maybe she'll suffer scandalously low sales from avoiding the conventional course of CD release promo, but hopefully maybe not.