Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I think both of their albums will do better. Both have radio support and Halsey is currently Top20 on pop radio and her single got discounted and has risen on iTunes while gettin decent streaming numbers.- Capitol will keep pushing her single for a while now til the album drops. They will succeed because their labels know how to push them to avoid a major floppage while Interscope does very little. Interscope is not even capable placing Lana on ALTERNATIVE radio. Just think about that for a hot second.

And before anybody tells me, Lana does not care, I doubt it with this release. Otherwise she wouldn't have flown to Sweden to ask Max Martin about his opinion on her titletrack or having Benny Blanco as a co-producer on her lead. Just look up the credits who is all involved in making these two songs even being recorded, but then it all gets wasted.

And this teasing technique is not working. People don't have patience for this "coming soon" tomfoolery. They move on if it's not up for streaming or sale immidiately.

Hun radio support doesn't gaurentea ALBUM sales. Singles yass abloom no hen.

It will be as follow:

Lana 150 - 200K sps (her biggest US opening to date or close to it)

Halsey 50 - 150K (halshit is hard to predict, her pop audience could buy it or NOT. She definely lost the tumblr crowd with closer)

Bored - DOA - FLOP- 45 - 60K (Greenlight even with an edshitren type payola bomba, "liability" didn't even chart)

Dua Lipshit - 10K (I'll give ha 5k above Zara Lardshit)

Katy - 25 pure sales 60 K sps (FAD status)

IAs for her going out of her way to get a Max Martin input (probably something the label paid for), the anecdote in the Courtney Love conversation, suggests that it was just a minor tweak that had a big impact on the form of the song, and so she unsurprisingly gave him a writing credit. That was probably the only payment he received for it, and I'm sure he was motivated to give his opinion, because she is an interesting artist. This last is just my speculative opinion of course. Maybe she'll suffer scandalously low sales from avoiding the conventional course of CD release promo, but hopefully maybe not.

I agree with you. It's not like she wrote LFL with Max - the song was already written and he just told his professional advise about it. Also Lust For Life is literally a Lana Del Rey song as it can possible be, it was never meant to be some kind of "radio hit". 

I'll be waiting for Lana to appear at Abel's show tonight for their Lust for Life live duet

tenor.gif

The gif looks like she's sitting there at the venue LMAOOOOOOOOOO. this really would be us

I want her to do as well as you do, but I think (hope) she's making her stand on the basis of the music she will drop being strong, so that all will be forgiven (though I haven't actually been as discomfited as many of you, so I don't need to forgive her). She's not interested in single sales because she is more interested in streams and album sales, and she expects the album, itself, to be the main promo engine for that. Maybe she thinks playing "hard to get" will make the final reveal sweeter and more effective at generating sales. On the other hand, she is at least dropping substantial info and generating hype from her collabo choices and album artwork. As for her avoiding radio (or interscope being incapable of getting her there), maybe she hates radio, in principle (because you have to pay for exposure?), and prefers user-directed streaming, idk. As for her going out of her way to get a Max Martin input (probably something the label paid for), the anecdote in the Courtney Love conversation, suggests that it was just a minor tweak that had a big impact on the form of the song, and so she unsurprisingly gave him a writing credit. That was probably the only payment he received for it, and I'm sure he was motivated to give his opinion, because she is an interesting artist. This last is just my speculative opinion of course. Maybe she'll suffer scandalously low sales from avoiding the conventional course of CD release promo, but hopefully maybe not.

I't is so tiring to hear arguments like she's not interested in her sales. BS! She cried when fans told her that WC is smashing. She bragged about her being on the radio. Her promo game is a mess because she's afraid to perform live outside her tours and her team, with Lana's "contribution" of course, fucked up her relationship with the press and now she's avoiding any real publicity.

She will never happen in the US unfortunately because she still has a negative image in the GP after SNL which was reinforced by the negative publicity she garnered during the UV era: I wish I was dead, I don't want the RS interview, I don't want my music to be heard, I fucked my way to the top - in short she managed to create a second PR disaster after the autencity drama and SNL fiasco at the begining oft BTD era. She had a much better image in Europe but she's not interested to make it there and she played dust for years to major markets like the UK, Germany and France (she managed to anger her fans there with that grotesque cancelation of her Virgin Radio show). People in general are not obsessed with her like we are, they just moved on.

She's not on the radio in the US because her team isn’t doing anything to put her songs on air but an another factor is that she and her music is not liked that much by the DJs in the US. In UK she was played on the radio and people tried to make her happen again this era but simply there is no more demand for her music as it was in the BTD or even in the UV era. And this is, unfortunately, her new reality: after being one of the biggest streaming artist in the world (at least on Spotify) she is showing tragic numbers for a while now. She has lost completley her commercial potential because she vanished from the mainstream media for more than 4 years, she downplayed her crossover appeal and her style icon status and she forced an alternative route but she simply doesn't have the lyrical consistency to achive that (Love is good - LFL is a dud).

Her problems this era started with the announcement of LFL, which in my opinion, is an awful choice for a title because she copied one of the greatest albums of Iggy Pop's career who is arguably an icon in music. I wonder why she didn't tweaked the title Lust for Love? Critics will not forgive her for this, especially after the lyrical content of the LFL title track which is a vapid cliché fest. Secondly I'm baffled at the hodgepodge of ideas that she's flouting around this era and I'm still not convinced that she's genuinly in a happy place, everything seems forced this era like the grin on her cover. But I would not care about any of this if she would serve some good live performances again of her new songs that I could enjoy.

With BTD and UV she managed to put out albums with 3-4 great tracks with great replay value which not happenned with HM and it's not happening yet with LFL

I't is so tiring to hear arguments like she's not interested in her sales. BS! She cried when fans told her that WC is smashing. She bragged about her being on the radio. Her promo game is a mess because she's afraid to perform live outside her tours and her team, with Lana's "contribution" of course, fucked up her relationship with the press and now she's avoiding any real publicity.

She will never happen in the US unfortunately because she still has a negative image in the GP after SNL which was reinforced by the negative publicity she garnered during the UV era: I wish I was dead, I don't want the RS interview, I don't want my music to be heard, I fucked my way to the top - in short she managed to create a second PR disaster after the autencity drama and SNL fiasco at the begining oft BTD era. She had a much better image in Europe but she's not interested to make it there and she played dust for years to major markets like the UK, Germany and France (she managed to anger her fans there with that grotesque cancelation of her Virgin Radio show). People in general are not obsessed with her like we are, they just moved on.

She's not on the radio in the US because her team isn’t doing anything to put her songs on air but an another factor is that she and her music is not liked that much by the DJs in the US. In UK she was played on the radio and people tried to make her happen again this era but simply there is no more demand for her music as it was in the BTD or even in the UV era. And this is, unfortunately, her new reality: after being one of the biggest streaming artist in the world (at least on Spotify) she is showing tragic numbers for a while now. She has lost completley her commercial potential because she vanished from the mainstream media for more than 4 years, she downplayed her crossover appeal and her style icon status and she forced an alternative route but she simply doesn't have the lyrical consistency to achive that (Love is good - LFL is a dud).

Her problems this era started with the announcement of LFL, which in my opinion, is an awful choice for a title because she copied one of the greatest albums of Iggy Pop's career who is arguably an icon in music. I wonder why she didn't tweaked the title Lust for Love? Critics will not forgive her for this, especially after the lyrical content of the LFL title track which is a vapid cliché fest. Secondly I'm baffled at the hodgepodge of ideas that she's flouting around this era and I'm still not convinced that she's genuinly in a happy place, everything seems forced this era like the grin on her cover. But I would not care about any of this if she would serve some good live performances again of her new songs that I could enjoy.

With BTD and UV she managed to put out albums with 3-4 great tracks with great replay value which not happenned with HM and it's not happening yet with LFL

This has all been said over and over again. Some points are truly valid and sales matter on some level but it's not everything. If you don't enjoy where she's going you don't have to continue to follow her. I am fine with people offering their opinions and insights but sometimes I wish there was a little more support and positivity on here because you can also recognize that while her commercial appeal has diminished, she has been doing a lot better with critics (LFL aside), who have finally understood what she is about and who see the maturity in her music. She has changed on a personal level, and her music has changed. That's not a bad thing. While she's not as big as she was in the BTD era she is still one of the biggest musicians in the world and we don't need to constantly diminish that. She is what she is now and the constant convo about wishing she was someone else will never change that

just ask your gay friends advice before u get a spray tan on holidayyyyyyyyyyy

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I hate being a uni student waiting for the album because exams are going to kill me when the album is finally out :defeated:

THIS IS ME omg. I have 4 weeks left and 7 assessments to do still

But if the album is out in JUNE, i will actually be able to pay attention to it as soon as its released. 

hey fats

THIS IS ME omg. I have 4 weeks left and 7 assessments to do still

But if the album is out in JUNE, i will actually be able to pay attention to it as soon as its released. 

its out tomorrow lana told me on insta

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

michelle.gif

Ratsley won't even debut with 100k after her (pop) lead single flopped on every level despite coming after a number 1

*it's what she deserves gif*

+ what the fuck y'all talking about, Lana having terrible streaming numbers this year ? Love and LFL (only an audio btw) are doing incredibly on YouTube comparing to her previous videos and even on Spotify they have decent numbers.

giphy.gif

Hun radio support doesn't gaurentea ALBUM sales. Singles yass abloom no hen.

It will be as follow:

Lana 150 - 200K sps (her biggest US opening to date or close to it)

Halsey 50 - 150K (halshit is hard to predict, her pop audience could buy it or NOT. She definely lost the tumblr crowd with closer)

Bored - DOA - FLOP- 45 - 60K (Greenlight even with an edshitren type payola bomba, "liability" didn't even chart)

Dua Lipshit - 10K (I'll give ha 5k above Zara Lardshit)

Katy - 25 pure sales 60 K sps (FAD status)

i will be here to remind you

I don't think we'll be getting the preorder until the last single release tbh

I think we are on single 2/4, so we've got a bit of a wait

I think you're right *cries* the wait is really getting to me now even though we literally just got LFL.