Sign in to follow this  
RileyThomas

American

On 11/20/2012 at 2:01 AM, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

guys, gUYS CAN SOMEONE PLEASE

ok, so, i love this song and it's perfect, but i sWEAR TO GOD THERE'S THIS HORRIBLE VOCAL AFFECT THEY DID ON HER VOICE AND IT IRRITATES THE SHIT OUT OF ME. IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE'S SINGING BEHIND A WALL OF PAPER OR SOMETHING.

am i going crazy? monicker, i need your reassurance. help?????

????

???

??

?

i agree...i searched for this thread specifically to say this it sounds like they recorded it with the laptop mic ughhhh i guess its confirmed now that she does use paper and shit for "texture" :burn:

Some people talking about the same thing but ill say it anyways....

I just came to say that I hope a demo of this song leaks or at least an unmastered/unmixed version because the high-pass filter they put over her vocals are EAR WRENCHING. It's honestly the only reason why I don't listen to this song as often... very strange creative decision 

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

29 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Some people talking about the same thing but ill say it anyways....

I just came to say that I hope a demo of this song leaks or at least an unmastered/unmixed version because the high-pass filter they put over her vocals are EAR WRENCHING. It's honestly the only reason why I don't listen to this song as often... very strange creative decision 

can you explain what the high-pass filter sounds like/is doing to her voice in comparison to other songs? i never noticed a difference between her vocals on american compared to other songs off of paradise or born to die

WGe8ynS.gif

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

can you explain what the high-pass filter sounds like/is doing to her voice in comparison to other songs? i never noticed a difference between her vocals on american compared to other songs off of paradise or born to die

High pass filters are used to get rid of muffled sounds & it's used on vocals a lot to make them sound more crisp, but on American in particular it's an OVERKILL.

High pass filters do make vocals sound more crisp but at the same time they enhance S sounds and kill vocals that go above a certain DB. To solve that problem you're supposed to put the vocals in an EQ and filter out the bad parts but with American it doesn't sound like they did that so it just hurts me ears...

Normal recording vs High Pass without EQ example:

https://krakenfiles.com/view/tnGKWRzpiu/file.html

You can also compare the way her S's sound on Cola vs American ... extreme difference 

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan