Ultra Violet

(Speculations) Symbolism & Clues in Lust for Life Trailer

BTW- the comment someone else made and Billboard magazine picked up, that the Love video showed Helplessness is clearly wrong, and in fact, just the opposite.

And people literally were in the water in the video, so saying there was no water was wrong, and the fact that the two arms interlocked shows togetherness, hope and the liberal viewpoint

to fight against the fascist Trump IMHO

You realize that was a joke and referred to the album trailer and not the Love music video do you?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

@ Electric_Body  I don't find  it very funny because the media is picking it up and running it, which in turn gets picked up and distorted more and more...People need to watch their mouths and words are meaningful ...and Billboard obviously didn't get it was a joke as it took a paragraph away of something that could have been more meaningful.

and people seem to be forgetting  to naïve racist witchhunters like Donald Trump's entire base, Science is considered witchcraft as they don't believe in science from the start. (let alone are anti-women

and anti-anything different from them).

The world is round was considered evil in the past.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@ Electric_Body  I don't find  it very funny because the media is picking it up and running it, which in turn gets picked up and distorted more and more...People need to watch their mouths and words are meaningful ...and Billboard obviously didn't get it was a joke as it took a paragraph away of something that could have been more meaningful.

and people seem to be forgetting  to naïve racist witchhunters like Donald Trump's entire base, Science is considered witchcraft as they don't believe in science from the start. (let alone are anti-women

and anti-anything different from them).

The world is round was considered evil in the past.

It was an extremely obvious joke that, out of context, got distorted. It's not their fault and the forum is for people to talk openly, I don't think stopping humour is a good way to do that (also no one thought that Spin/Billboard would've come here and picked up that after going through pages of genuine deciphering) 

giphy.gif

The sand in the hourglass has almost run out, indicating the end of an "era". The symmetric shape of an hourglass may also symbolize a duality (feminine/masculine, heaven/earth...), with emphasis shifting between the two orientations with the passage of time.

The chalice is used in both Wiccan and Christian rites. In Wicca it is the Great Rite, which Wikipedia says is performed "when the coven is in need of powerful spiritual intervention to help them through a difficult time". In Christianity it is the Eucharist, which invokes the presence of Christ. The chalice may also represent the Holy Grail from medieval legends, the goal of spiritual quests.

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

this shall be highly disagreed with here (LOL)- but for the "this one is for the fans"...-

Honeymoon was the album made for the REAL fans of Ms. Grant and the album that separated those that are there for art, and those that want Lana to just

be a vapid copycat of hundreds of others, instead of the artiste' that separates Lana and makes her unique.

Lust for life is a MESSAGE to the kiddies, not a love letter to the kiddies. It is guidance

But real Lana fans know Honeymoon was made for them and real fans appreciated all that Honeymoon offered

without Honeymoon, there would be no Lust for Life.

A real question might be asked (I have hesitated to mention this for weeks now- (but hey, it's just us, no one is reading this right? LOL)

Is Lust for Life breaking the fourth wall, and in reality, is not a Lana Del Rey album, but an Elizabeth Grant/Lana Del Rey co-production

(which only happened because of Honeymoon). (for those that watch retro tv, or remember it from the first or second goround- think of The George Burns show, and how each show George broke that wall and "watched what was going on, on tv with Gracie and the others" and then came out on the window ledge, or from a curtain, and talked to the viewing audience about the show itself, then went back

into the show, which was highly inventive in the 1950s).

note- I use the name Elizabeth Grant (as opposed to a shorter version of Elizabeth, because I consider her poet/songwriter  first and foremost

and the official credit always goes to Elizabeth Grant (one assumes the royalty checks also are made out to her given name and not her chosen name).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@@Cult_Leader

in the 1960s and 1970s in NYC, WABC was the biggest music radio station playing all the hits, and at the time, the ratings were an amazingly high % of NY listened (with the ability to be heard on a clear night in over 25 states, going up into NE Canada. If WABC played it, it was just about guaranteed to be a nationwide Top 10 or 20 hit).

Literally, Tuesdays back then was the day WABC played the new Top 14 plus extra songs,starting in mid-afternoon, and counted them down (Survey) in the evening on Cousin Brucie's show (Bruce Morrow, one of the most famous music DJs)

WABC played everytype of music that was popular back to back (unlike today where everything is broken down into genre, it was all played.

Had Lana been around then, she probably would have already had 19 or 20 number one songs

Billboard magazine these days releases the new charts on Tuesdays (on-line around 6 or 7 AM unless they get lazy and its an hour or two later) and the printed issue comes out the following Friday.

(on Holiday Monday's, the charts are that week released Wed.

The one and only time in history Billboard willfully delayed and changed the charts was the oddity that occurred with West Coast, it had never happened before or after.

In fact, most people think that they should have gone ahead and published the already published chart and then fixed it the following week. A couple of hours later and it would have gone to press.

=========================================================================================

BTW- the comment someone else made and Billboard magazine picked up, that the Love video showed Helplessness is clearly wrong, and in fact, just the opposite.

And people literally were in the water in the video, so saying there was no water was wrong, and the fact that the two arms interlocked shows togetherness, hope and the liberal viewpoint

to fight against the fascist Trump IMHO

I like the depth you went into, but i dont think the way she used the word 'Tuesday' can relate to what you're saying at this point. 

"Now don’t get me wrong, I love to dip my toe into the muck and the mires of the city every now and then, especially on Tuesdays"

I'm just not seeing how we can make such an assumption after such little context here. No symbolism occurred in the video when she said that line really, except her smiling.

You could be right, but we will find out anyway.

The lightning storm over LA and the galaxy in the sky

Lightning can represent chaos and destruction. But another common symbolism of lightning is 'an awakening/quick realisation', often being spiritual in nature, from the heavens. Is LA being struck by new energy?

This reminds me of Tropico somehow.... OMG LUST FOR LIFE SHORT FILM CONFIRMED XZXCZXCZZDCZDCESDFESFGREHTRH  :creep:  :troll:

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

This reminds me of Tropico somehow.... OMG LUST FOR LIFE SHORT FILM CONFIRMED XZXCZXCZZDCZDCESDFESFGREHTRH  :creep:  :troll:

soo true, i really hope we get as much out of this era as we did for Paradise. A 10 minute music video with a monologue (unlike the Freak video), short film, other little soundtracks like the tropico credits...

also not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the hourglass that is spinning on the table is out of time?? meaning like the timer is done lol all the sand is at the bottom

would this represent kind of like 'time is up'/the wait is done and we get a single or the album soon?? or some other symbolic meaning? 

UbsOye5.png

also not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the hourglass that is spinning on the table is out of time?? meaning like the timer is done lol all the sand is at the bottom

would this represent kind of like 'time is up'/the wait is done and we get a single or the album soon?? or some other symbolic meaning? 

Someone already suggested it meant time is up and weve changed to the new era now. 

i just forgot to add it :)

There is a ladder on the real Hollywood sign. Not really symbolism just sticking to what's there

But why would it continue up the wall of her house? It would just seem unnecessary if it didn't mean anything. It would clutter the house

OMG GAYS ! so i was doing a lil sleuthing.. this whole time I've been wondering what the moon icon in the "ingredients" could be from the teaser video.. so i looked into it.. mind you, i just finished astronomy class like last week! i realized.. that moon had a lot of craters for the moon... so i thought , hmm maybe its the back side of the moon.. aka "the dark side of the moon" .. but upon further inspection i realized , its not even the moon! its actually (an edited pic of) mercury!  mercury pics vs object in vid in spoiler

mercury.jpg  tumblr_ontfnduCy01twrqvqo1_500.png

considering that XO, Chimera, (the other two collabs) are record labels, i thought.. maybe this is another label! well i googled mercury record label and found this! (don't mind me copying and pasting from wikipedia) 

"Mercury Records is an American-based record label owned by Universal Music Group. In the United States, it operates through Island Records; in the UK, it is distributed by Virgin EMI Records.

Since the separation of Island RecordsMotown, Mercury Records, and Def Jam Recordings combining the Island Def Jam Music Group, Mercury Records has been placed under Island Records, although its back catalogue is still owned by The Island Def Jam Music Group." 

"Major Mercury Records labels and operations worldwide[edit] Current[edit]

Mercury Records was relaunched in 2007 as a label under The Island Def Jam Music Group, appointing record executive David Massey as the President and CEO of the new venture.

This division of Mercury handles US distribution of most pre-1998 Polydor Records pop/rock releases currently under UMG control. There are some exceptions, however. Some artists based outside the US did not have their releases on Polydor in North America, signing to various other labels instead. Some of these bands, such as The Who, did sign to a label that also is now part of the UMG family (or later absorbed by such a label), hence those labels control US rights to these works (in the case of the Who, they had been on US Decca Records and MCA Records in the past, their pre-breakup catalogue is now on Geffen Records in North America)." 

ALSO here is a list of artists were/are signed to mercury! including paul mcartney, ringo star, the who, hole(courtney loves old band), Van Morrison, Lionel Richie, and many more notable artist!! here is a link to a full list https://en.wikipedia...Records_artists

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

OMG GAYS ! so i was doing a lil sleuthing.. this whole time I've been wondering what the moon icon in the "ingredients" could be from the teaser video.. so i looked into it.. mind you, i just finished astronomy class like last week! i realized.. that moon had a lot of craters for the moon... so i thought , hmm maybe its the back side of the moon.. aka "the dark side of the moon" .. but upon further inspection i realized , its not even the moon! its actually mercury! 

considering that XO, Chimera, (the other two collabs) are record labels, i thought.. maybe this is another label! well i googled mercury record label and found this! (don't mind me copying and pasting from wikipedia) 

"Mercury Records is an American-based record label owned by Universal Music Group. In the United States, it operates through Island Records; in the UK, it is distributed by Virgin EMI Records.

Since the separation of Island RecordsMotown, Mercury Records, and Def Jam Recordings combining the Island Def Jam Music Group, Mercury Records has been placed under Island Records, although its back catalogue is still owned by The Island Def Jam Music Group." 

"Major Mercury Records labels and operations worldwide[edit] Current[edit]

Mercury Records was relaunched in 2007 as a label under The Island Def Jam Music Group, appointing record executive David Massey as the President and CEO of the new venture.

This division of Mercury handles US distribution of most pre-1998 Polydor Records pop/rock releases currently under UMG control. There are some exceptions, however. Some artists based outside the US did not have their releases on Polydor in North America, signing to various other labels instead. Some of these bands, such as The Who, did sign to a label that also is now part of the UMG family (or later absorbed by such a label), hence those labels control US rights to these works (in the case of the Who, they had been on US Decca Records and MCA Records in the past, their pre-breakup catalogue is now on Geffen Records in North America)." 

ALSO here is a list of artists were/are signed to mercury! including paul mcartney, ringo star, the who, hole(courtney loves old band), Van Morrison, Lionel Richie, and many more notable artist!! here is a link to a full list https://en.wikipedia...Records_artists

You could be right. Its hard to tell when its a black and white trailer, but i cannot see any distinct Moon markings on that 'moon'. It really does look more like mercury. 

Id say Courtney is most likely, so ill add that :)