Ultra Violet

(Speculations) Symbolism & Clues in Lust for Life Trailer

Maybe the strawberries and the moon she's cooking have a link together? Lana added on her birthday on @honeymoon Instagram a selfie with the description "Strawberry Moon for my Birthday". Maybe during this moon phase, Lana will reveal the date of her album/release it or the next single?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read the whole thread with Sean Lennon proof.  :runs:

tumblr_n3uc3h7ELp1qlsak1o1_500.gif

Maybe the strawberries and the moon she's cooking have a link together? Lana added on her birthday on @honeymoon Instagram a selfie with the description "Strawberry Moon for my Birthday". Maybe during this moon phase, Lana will reveal the date of her album/release it or the next single?

The strawberrys are the only thing with color in the trailer... Im ask my self why  :creep:

Reveal the date/release the next single in June?

She better drop the motherfucking album with a third video coming in July by then 

Reveal the date/release the next single in June?

She better drop the motherfucking album with a third video coming in July by then 

That's why I also said "release it", she better hurry lol.

tumblr_n3uc3h7ELp1qlsak1o1_500.gif

I think that the strawberries def represent more than just a hint for a cover. So I searched some symbolisms and I found out these:

https://www.reference.com/world-view/strawberries-symbolize-8a521df37b4d066a#

"Strawberries symbolize spring and rebirth, as well as righteousness and love. The varied meanings come from different faiths and cultural traditions, such as Christian and Pagan, along with literary and mythological works.

While strawberries are a familiar fruit, there are a number of possible meanings attributed to them. The Seneca, an indigenous North American tribe, suggest that the strawberry represents rebirth since they are the first to ripen in spring. Seneca beliefs also suggest that strawberries represent good health. In the Catholic tradition, strawberries represent the good fruits of the righteous man. Within some Pagan traditions, the strawberry represents friendship and love, particularly in celebrations with food, as as such is often associated with the Goddess Venus."

https://www.thepracticalherbalist.com/holistic-medicine-library/strawberry-history-folklore-myth-and-magic/

"Strawberry shows up in European mythos as a fertility-inducing and love-producing fruit beloved of goddesses such as Venus, Aphrodite, Freyja, and the Virgin Mary. It was said the fruit of strawberry, when shared with another, would produce love."

"Strawberry magic is the magic of dedication to fertility. Reproducing primarily through runners, Strawberry gives of herself until the young plants are well established. She is capable of sustaining those young plants, too, should the ground be immediately unsuitable for growth. I’ve seen young Strawberry plants bear fruit while hanging from mother plants in baskets or stretching across pavement. Strawberry teaches us the lesson of dedication to that which we long to produce no matter whether the conditions appear to be right.

Through her seeds, strawberry amplifies this message of dedication. Strawberry seeds grow on the outside of the fruit and can germinate even when soil isn’t present. Strawberry knows deep down no matter what the present conditions appear to be, she has the power to succeed. Strawberry magic is the magic of success through inner vision that sustains until the outer world is ready to receive.

Success, as strawberry teaches us, requires proper preparation of one’s self. How could she sustain so many at once if she weren’t properly prepared? Her habit of emerging early in spring to blossom and fruit at the very beginning of the season speaks to her preparation, so quickly does she shuck off her winter’s sleep in exchange for early spring’s fertile rush. People through the ages have recognized strawberry’s gentle detoxifying, antibacterial, and astringent properties; those same properties encourage us to gently prepare ourselves for the projects or fertile periods ahead. If strawberry has come into your life, perhaps it is time to clear away the husks of what came before to make room in your mind, body, and spirit for the new season dawning in your life."

Found this too:

http://in5d.com/plant-symbolism-a-guide-to-the-spiritual-meaning-of-plants-q-through-z/

"Strawberry: Love, Luck. Used for love spells, its symbolism is that of love, temptation, passion, and rewarded effort.

Native American Symbolism: Besides being a popular food item, strawberries played an important ceremonial role in some tribes. Some California Indian tribes, such as the Pomo, held special Strawberry Festivals or Strawberry Dances, representing the springtime renewal of life. (At least one tribe, the Kashaya, still hold a Strawberry Festival today.) Among the Iroquois, strawberries were symbols of blessing and thanksgiving. To the Cherokee and other southeastern tribes, strawberries were associated with love and happiness. Some Cherokee families still consider it good luck to have strawberries in the house. Strawberry leaves and roots also played a role in traditional Native American herbal medicine. The strawberry is considered one of the sacred Life Medicines of the Navajo tribe."

So by showing the strawberries, besides the cover, she must be just saying what this album is about... :whatever2:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Too lazy to see if this was mentioned somewhere on LB, but those insta videos with Lana playing beatles/lennon songs makes sense cause she is collaborating in some way with Sean Lennon. Maybe she played those songs on purpose because of that.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

lol at so many people acting like they're having new revelations here.

And I know a lot of people think the seven planets are just a reference to her tweet, but I think it has to have some tie to the music not just a random scientific discovery. 

I also feel like the chimera music logo is obviously about sean lennon at this point, and less likely about yoko ono, which I'm happy about I can't stand yoko ono

It's not a random scientific discovery. Why would lana tweet about it if it doesn't mean a lot to her.

The chimera pig too?

I think it also has something to do with her music.

What is that supposed to mean? First single after the announcement of the album or...?

I can't wait to find out!

i posted this in the other thread, but i think it was over looked. https://www.instagram.com/p/BR5Mq5xj5J1 this sounds similar to the music in the L4L trailer???

That sounds amazing

Btw I'm going to update the first post soon with all the speculations I have missed.

I'm just on my phone and can't till I get home

sean lennons band is called the ghost of a sabertooth tiger. aka GOASTT..  saw them open for florence and the machine in 2015.. 2/3 people who head chimera label are in the band..  i looked em up on apple music, and this is a cover of one of their albums 

tumblr_onpjsh07aC1twrqvqo1_1280.pngbtw they're a psychedelic 70's vibes rock band

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

It's not a random scientific discovery. Why would lana tweet about it if it doesn't mean a lot to her.

The chimera pig too?

I think it also has something to do with her music.

I can't wait to find out!

I see what you mean-- not saying it's not important/doesn't mean a lot to lana, but I just wanted to give my opinion that I think the number 7 or the seven planets have greater significance to the album than just her tweet. Like maybe that symbolism is included lyrically or in further album visuals

Updated the first post:

Look at the image of the 7 planets here (scroll down the page), and look at the planets she has in her video. Notice they are the EXACT same?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRey/status/834964849264205825

So what are the things that have happened on these dates so far?

first one was website update, what else do we think?

Tuesday was survey day on WABC in the 1960s

Elaborate? is this like voting day?

I swear those seven planets that feature in LFL Trailer are the same ones we see throughout the Love MV....

I just looked, but its very hard to tell. theres definitely our sun, moon and saturn. the others dont look exactly like those seven though

I suspect there will be a lot of gems and references to her older work lyrically on this record and in its music videos, seeing as it's 'for us'.

The chalk board in the trailer is so totally a nod to the Lana Turner/What's My Line? clip used in the video for KOL.

Whats this?

Wait I wanted this thread so someone could talk about her being the Magician tarot card but no one brought that up again

Born to Die video = The High Priestess

Lust for Life Trailer = The Magician

She's magically and alchemically assembling the album in her Cup; SOLVE ET COAGULA as it says on Instagram

@@Cult_Leader

in the 1960s and 1970s in NYC, WABC was the biggest music radio station playing all the hits, and at the time, the ratings were an amazingly high % of NY listened (with the ability to be heard on a clear night in over 25 states, going up into NE Canada. If WABC played it, it was just about guaranteed to be a nationwide Top 10 or 20 hit).

Literally, Tuesdays back then was the day WABC played the new Top 14 plus extra songs,starting in mid-afternoon, and counted them down (Survey) in the evening on Cousin Brucie's show (Bruce Morrow, one of the most famous music DJs)

WABC played everytype of music that was popular back to back (unlike today where everything is broken down into genre, it was all played.

Had Lana been around then, she probably would have already had 19 or 20 number one songs

Billboard magazine these days releases the new charts on Tuesdays (on-line around 6 or 7 AM unless they get lazy and its an hour or two later) and the printed issue comes out the following Friday.

(on Holiday Monday's, the charts are that week released Wed.

The one and only time in history Billboard willfully delayed and changed the charts was the oddity that occurred with West Coast, it had never happened before or after.

In fact, most people think that they should have gone ahead and published the already published chart and then fixed it the following week. A couple of hours later and it would have gone to press.

=========================================================================================

BTW- the comment someone else made and Billboard magazine picked up, that the Love video showed Helplessness is clearly wrong, and in fact, just the opposite.

And people literally were in the water in the video, so saying there was no water was wrong, and the fact that the two arms interlocked shows togetherness, hope and the liberal viewpoint

to fight against the fascist Trump IMHO

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp