Ultra Violet

(Speculations) Symbolism & Clues in Lust for Life Trailer

i think she chose that table trying to get something to look vintage science/sci-fi.. zany ..lowkey creepy dr frankenstien vibes or something

true, it looked really abstract and surreal, that might be as far as the symbolism goes haha

I really don't think that Mercury has anything to do with the record label - there have been far too many artists on that label over past few decades (discogs lists 48,000 releases), and the label doesn't have any particular identification of what might be described as as the 'Mercury sound'. As a clue, it's pretty much as vague as having a picture of a piano to represent any particular pianist.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I really don't think that Mercury has anything to do with the record label - there have been far too many artists on that label over past few decades (discogs lists 48,000 releases), and the label doesn't have any particular identification of what might be described as as the 'Mercury sound'. As a clue, it's pretty much as vague as having a picture of a piano to represent any particular pianist.

okay, but so far it's the most solid guess we have, just like Chimera Records. 

We know the XO is The Weeknd collab, so the others going into the cooking pot have got to be similar in that kind of way

The ladder might be another reference to Peg Entwistle - the girl had to climb the ladder attached to the H before jumping to her death. There might be some more general symbolism about the danger of falling after climbing to a top...

The ladder may also symbolize Jacob's ladder, a connection between heaven and earth. Lana's ghostly appearance and position above the city indicate she is in the heavenly realm.

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

zH98AbL.png

(link)

could this be a hint for a collab? the "cook" part and the frying pan reminded me of this, i really hope that's what it is :deadbanana: i mean why else would they word it like that???

it could just be a random invite for a collab, but i think the whole cooking thing is too coincidental to not mean something. just my onion

RJC6MCZ.png

UbsOye5.png

zH98AbL.png

(link)

could this be a hint for a collab? the "cook" part and the frying pan reminded me of this, i really hope that's what it is  :deadbanana: i mean why else would they word it like that???

it could just be a random invite for a collab, but i think the whole cooking thing is too coincidental to not mean something. just my onion 

RJC6MCZ.png

Yeah I mean, out of all the hints so far, this is clearly so so obvious.. But then that would mean there is like, 4 collabs... :eek:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

So the 7 planets were obviously the seventh month for release?

The hourglass and goblet? Um? The goblet could still represent feelings/emotions like the standard tarot meaning. And Hourglass could be that the album was waiting to be released? I.e. when the time ran out the album would be released? Idk

And if Sean was the chimera, Abel the XO and Stevie the Mercury, then was A$AP the whisk? Lmao

So the 7 planets were obviously the seventh month for release?

The hourglass and goblet? Um? The goblet could still represent feelings/emotions like the standard tarot meaning. And Hourglass could be that the album was waiting to be released? I.e. when the time ran out the album would be released? Idk

And if Sean was the chimera, Abel the XO and Stevie the Mercury, then was A$AP the whisk? Lmao

goblet= wine 

hourglass= thyme

a stretch. it's like im warming up for a marathon

also, carti was the whisk because his adlibbing sounds like the noise a mixer makes when whisking batter

I think the trailer is probably irrelevant since she changed the tracklist and the whole album so much in the 3 months before the release which was after the trailer release lol

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart: