Sign in to follow this  
ilovetati

Lust for Life Reviews/Metacritic Thread

How can the metacritic score be 84 if the 4 reviews are all 80...?

Yeah, I don't get why

But maybe the score is updated but the critics aren't? Idk. I think that's the case

It's because some reviews get "more points" than others. I can't explain at all but it's just that some reviews have a "weight" heavier than others.

If u check ToveLo's "Queen of the Clouds:

http://www.metacritic.com/music/queen-of-the-clouds/tove-lo

Only 4 reviews and the highest one was Pitchforks 72, but the score turned 73 because of the weight

And if you read his/her critic... It says she's still talking about sugar daddies and drugs and that this album is the same as Honeymoon... smh

I love Honeymoon but LFL has nothing to do with that masterpiece! (LFL is another masterpiece REALLY different from HM or UV or BTD)

There are some people who refuse to move one from the whole Born To Die fiasco.

Like seriously, this album does not mention anything about sugar daddies. Ok yeah a song titled Heroin. Ooo ya got one.

I wanna punch him in his throat.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

There are some people who refuse to move one from the whole Born To Die fiasco.

Like seriously, this album does not mention anything about sugar daddies. Ok yeah a song titled Heroin. Ooo ya got one.

I wanna punch him in his throat.

Let's do it  :creep:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I thought the New York Times gave her 70 and now it's changed. 

They corrected their critic

Btw, you all should create accounts on Metacritic and give LFL a 9 or 10 bc some people are boycotting the user score giving it 0

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Btw, you all should create accounts on Metacritic and give LFL a 9 or 10 bc some people are boycotting the user score giving it 0

i gave 0 at badlands 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

most of the people I saw giving it a 0 are those who still love Born to Die lol I wonder why...

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif

most of the people I saw giving it a 0 are those who still love Born to Die lol I wonder why...

But that one I saw didn't even like BTD... he just wants her score to get lower, that's it 

I wish he was next to me rn 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

But that one I saw didn't even like BTD... he just wants her score to get lower, that's it 

I wish he was next to me rn 

lol a true little fucker

I'll create an account there and give it a 9 later

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif

Well, any critics are like charts they don't really matter... but it can bring her recognition

I have always dismissed user reviews on Metascore thinking they were stuffed with haters or stans. So I was suprised someone got that mad they wanted to punch some random hating guy because of one user review. :P  Critics dont really matter either, but at least they bring some good points about the music. 

I have always dismissed user reviews on Metascore thinking they were stuffed with haters or stans. So I was suprised someone got that mad they wanted to punch some random hating guy because of one user review. :P  Critics dont really matter either, but at least they bring some good points about the music. 

Exactly and it's not just that, like...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but a 0/100 for LFL? It might not be everyone's cup of tea but it would be a 4/10 or a 5/10 but not a complete 0

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Exactly and it's not just that, like...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but a 0/100 for LFL? It might not be everyone's cup of tea but it would be a 4/10 or a 5/10 but not a complete 0

It was clearly trolling for attention. I wouldnt waste my time on that. 

It was clearly trolling for attention. I wouldnt waste my time on that. 

Of course I wasn't talking serious about punching him in the face, I was just kidding I'd never punch someone's face just for that

And that 0 didn't affect the user score that much cause it's still a solid 9.2  :teehee:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif