2nd Lust For Life

3rd Ultraviolence

4th Blue Banisters

5th A.K.A

6th Norman fucking rockwell

7th Chemtrails

8th Born To Die / paradise

9th Did you know...

NOTE: Every single lana album is top tier!!!

Taste's like 4th of julyy...

4 hours ago, blackestday x tough said:

You're right. I love tough. And like you said  just imagine her post-lfl albums had soundwise a clear voice and a full soundscape like tough they would be much better. I am an old lana lover, so her old albums are on my top, bur from her post-lfl albums blue banisters is the best and ocean boulevard is on the bottom. I can't relate to this album. But i hope she goes soundwise and instrumentally more in the vein of tough or mirror. 

It's amazing how much we think alike. I don't understand the love for OB--the album and the single. It's badly produced and engineered to my ear, two songs seem like rewrites of earlier songs (not including Taco Truck), her vocals aren't great (especially on Grandfather) and the second half of Margaret is a mess. I place OB at the bottom of my listing of her albums. I don't care for the graphics either. 

As I said in the Tough thread, for me, trip-hop Lana is one of the best Lanas, and I remain more a fan of her earlier work than her latter, though I've been able to find 3-4 songs I like well enough on most of her post-LFL records, OB being the exception and BB, the album, working best for me with such stunning moments as If You Lie Down With Me, even if it was originally written for or about the time of UV, and WFWF.  I don't care for the BB title track or the silly bridge, but I like everything else. 

1. Lana Del Ray Aka Lizzy Grant

2. Ultraviolence

3. Sirens

4. Honeymoon

5. Born To Die

6. Paradise

7. Did You Know...

8. Norman Fucking Rockwell

9. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

10. Lust For Life

11. Blue Banisters

f7z0pce.jpeg

Ocean Blvd

NFR!

Honeymoon

Ultraviolence

Born to Die

Chemtrails

Lust for Life

Blue Banisters

It's really difficult but:

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Blue Banisters

Born to Die

Ocean Blvd

Lust for Life

Paradise

Floptrails Over The Country Club

However, I think she doesn't have bad album, even cotcc is okay.

1. Ultraviolence

2. Norman Fucking Rockwell!

3. Born to Die

4. Honeymoon/Lust for Life

5. Did you know that theres a tunnel under ocean blvd

6. Lana Del Ray

7. Blue Banisters

8. Paradise

9. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

giphy.gif

1. Honeymoon

2. Norman Fucking Rockwell!

3. Ultraviolence

4. Lust For Life

5. Paradise

6. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

7. Born To Die

8. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

9. Blue Banisters

1.Ultraviolence

2.Honeymoon

3.Ocean Blvd

4.NFR!

5.Chemtrails

6.Blue Banisters

7.Lust for Life

8.Born to Die

9.Paradise

10.A.K.A. Lizzy Grant

I love every Lana album equally, for me they’re all #1 this is just a ranking system 

On 7/13/2024 at 3:39 PM, Vertimus said:

It's amazing how much we think alike. I don't understand the love for OB--the album and the single. It's badly produced and engineered to my ear, two songs seem like rewrites of earlier songs (not including Taco Truck), her vocals aren't great (especially on Grandfather) and the second half of Margaret is a mess. I place OB at the bottom of my listing of her albums. I don't care for the graphics either. 

As I said in the Tough thread, for me, trip-hop Lana is one of the best Lanas, and I remain more a fan of her earlier work than her latter, though I've been able to find 3-4 songs I like well enough on most of her post-LFL records, OB being the exception and BB, the album, working best for me with such stunning moments as If You Lie Down With Me, even if it was originally written for or about the time of UV, and WFWF.  I don't care for the BB title track or the silly bridge, but I like everything else. 

Yeah, nfr, chemtrails had so 3-4 songs i really like. Bb is far more better. With VfR, wfwf, thunder, arcadia,iyldwm there are some of her best career Highlights. It's the only album where the stripped back production really works, but for me there are like you said some skips for me(bb, besitiful, sweet carolina). I wished she had used the thunder Demo and reworked the unreleased songs. 

I think she had the chance with a better production for songs like fishtail and taco truck to give us something powerful, but it is too muffled.

In tough she goes back to clear structures, interesting, catchy melodies and a fuller Sound with good beats. Especially the second Verse and the bridge are really goid. This gives me hope for the future.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

15 hours ago, blackestday x tough said:

Yeah, nfr, chemtrails had so 3-4 songs i really like. Bb is far more better. With VfR, wfwf, thunder, arcadia,iyldwm there are some of her best career Highlights. It's the only album where the stripped back production really works, but for me there are like you said some skips for me(bb, besitiful, sweet carolina). I wished she had used the thunder Demo and reworked the unreleased songs. 

I think she had the chance with a better production for songs like fishtail and taco truck to give us something powerful, but it is too muffled.

In tough she goes back to clear structures, interesting, catchy melodies and a fuller Sound with good beats. Especially the second Verse and the bridge are really good. This gives me hope for the future.

We think alike! Maybe we're fraternal twins. I also vastly preferred the original Thunder. Sometimes I think it is Blue Banisters the song that turns people off--as it does me due to all the Nikki Lane namedropping stuff--and so people just turn away from the album altogether. 

Fishtail and Taco Truck are two of my favorites from OB, though there is no single track on OB that I can say I love wholeheartedly for one (good) reason or another. For me, there are too many badly-produced retreads (The Grants, Sweet, Grandfather) and A&W seems to me more like an attempt to sound 'edgy,' naughty, current, and relevant more than anything else. OB is my least favorite of all her albums, and for me, that's saying a lot, because there are two others I'm not very fond of. 

Not the OB slander :coffee: the production is amazing. Like I understand some of tracks were literally recorded on an iPhone, but that just makes it more intimate to me. The production tells a story, and the album is literally like a movie. It is so well put together. Best album of all time. 

The last unicorn GIF on GIFER - by Thothis

Adine Kirnberg Regular

On 7/20/2024 at 5:08 PM, Vertimus said:

We think alike! Maybe we're fraternal twins. I also vastly preferred the original Thunder. Sometimes I think it is Blue Banisters the song that turns people off--as it does me due to all the Nikki Lane namedropping stuff--and so people just turn away from the album altogether. 

Fishtail and Taco Truck are two of my favorites from OB, though there is no single track on OB that I can say I love wholeheartedly for one (good) reason or another. For me, there are too many badly-produced retreads (The Grants, Sweet, Grandfather) and A&W seems to me more like an attempt to sound 'edgy,' naughty, current, and relevant more than anything else. OB is my least favorite of all her albums, and for me, that's saying a lot, because there are two others I'm not very fond of. 

Yeah taco truck she destroyed it with this vb part. When she had worked out taco truck as a whole song and made vb trap version as an interlude it would be much better.

Fishtail needs more trap. There is a trap enhanced Version on fishtail, i listen to it sometimes.

But Yeah as a whole album, i am not convinced. Most of the songs i don't listen to. Also albums, i am not a big Fan of, have songs i really really love, on ob i miss those beloved Highlights.

Now i am interested on the two other albums,you are not very fond of.

I would suppose NFR is one of them.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

1 hour ago, blackestday x tough said:

Yeah taco truck she destroyed it with this vb part. When she had worked out taco truck as a whole song and made vb trap version as an interlude it would be much better.

Fishtail needs more trap. There is a trap enhanced Version on fishtail, i listen to it sometimes.

But Yeah as a whole album, i am not convinced. Most of the songs i don't listen to. Also albums, i am not a big Fan of, have songs i really really love, on ob i miss those beloved Highlights.

Now i am interested on the two other albums,you are not very fond of.

I would suppose NFR is one of them.

There's actually 3—my mistake--and yes, NFR! is one. I never expect more than 2-3 songs I like on any current album, by any current artist and that's going back some years. 

Taco Truck 'worked out' without the VB half would have been the highlight of the album for me.