Sign in to follow this  
cinammon girl

Melbourne, VIC @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl - March 31st, 2018

I just got back home, and can hardly feel my feet after about 6 hours of standing mostly still, but this was one of the best shows that I've ever seen, and as well as being the first time I've seen her, one of the best performances I've seen Lana put on after years of watching her videos.

Some highlights:

- Off To The Races live was faaaaaaaaar better than I was expecting it to be - it was much more focused and heavy than I was expecting. 

- She played complete Gods & Monsters and Million Dollar Man back to back, essentially taking them as requests. Two songs I never thought I'd see live, but were clear highlights.

- Pretty When You Cry, performed flat on her back on stage, surrounded by the dancers. Left me speechless ...

- ... But not as much as Shades of Cool, the performance tonight possibly being the greatest I've ever heard her sing. She seemed so far into it, almost on the verge of tears, and threw in a few ad libs that knocked everyone down.

- I can't remember if we knew that the snake tattoo was actually a dragon tattoo, but she mentioned that tonight. And then somebody screwed up Yayo about 3/4 of the way through by screaming something out (I couldn't hear what it was, but it made Lana laugh, which made the audience laugh, which made the song break down).

- Video Games was much better than it had a right to be.

- West Coast was amazing.

I was quite far back, and the crowd around me was very respectful and cool (with one or two minor exceptions).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Lana wrote this for a fan she met out and about in Melbourne earlier  :flutter: Wasn't sure where to post this, but I thought it was cute. I wonder if she said anything about the song when the fan brought it up.

nprnkj.png

This didn't take long... (I just saw this on Twitter, I've no idea if the person that got that signed is the one with the tattoo...)

DZmOUoNVQAARHN0.jpg

I just got back home, and can hardly feel my feet after about 6 hours of standing mostly still, but this was one of the best shows that I've ever seen, and as well as being the first time I've seen her, one of the best performances I've seen Lana put on after years of watching her videos.

Some highlights:

- Off To The Races live was faaaaaaaaar better than I was expecting it to be - it was much more focused and heavy than I was expecting. 

- She played complete Gods & Monsters and Million Dollar Man back to back, essentially taking them as requests. Two songs I never thought I'd see live, but were clear highlights.

- Pretty When You Cry, performed flat on her back on stage, surrounded by the dancers. Left me speechless ...

- ... But not as much as Shades of Cool, the performance tonight possibly being the greatest I've ever heard her sing. She seemed so far into it, almost on the verge of tears, and threw in a few ad libs that knocked everyone down.

- I can't remember if we knew that the snake tattoo was actually a dragon tattoo, but she mentioned that tonight. And then somebody screwed up Yayo about 3/4 of the way through by screaming something out (I couldn't hear what it was, but it made Lana laugh, which made the audience laugh, which made the song break down).

- Video Games was much better than it had a right to be.

- West Coast was amazing.

I was quite far back, and the crowd around me was very respectful and cool (with one or two minor exceptions).

The person who ruined Yayo screamed "I'M SO GAY", I'm not mad tbh...

blue eyes, and jazz, and attitude

The person who ruined Yayo screamed "I'M SO GAY", I'm not mad tbh...

I wasn't too made either - the only problem I had was that it felt like people were screaming out things to try to go viral on Youtube or something (like the 'sit on my face' guy). Lana handled it well, and followed by smiling and saying something like "thank you for not letting me be too serious", which was pretty funny.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

How was the sound quality? I missed this one because I hate Sidney Myer Music Bowl, honestly my least favourite venue in Melbourne, if she was anywhere else in Melb I’d have been there.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I got front row! She was amazing. The crowd wasn't as bad as I expected but when she came down at the end the pushing was pretty intense. Unfortunately she only went to the right side of the crowd and didn't venture to the left, and I was left-centre :( still grateful I got to see her and be front row though.

The fans around me were nuts, there were teenagers next to me screaming the whole time, stuff like "sit on my face" but they calmed down after a while lol. 3-4 people had to get pulled out because they were fainting/collapsing, it was mental.

The set list was so so so much better than i expected. These are the songs she sang (not in order)

13 beaches

Cherry

White Mustang

National Anthem

Born to Die

Blue Jeans

Gods and Monsters

Off to the Races

Shades of Cool

Million Dollar Man

Change/Black Beauty/Y&B

Summertime Sadness

Video Games

Yayo

Ride

West Coast

PWYC

Lust for Life

High by the Beach

I feel so lucky!! So amazing. She came out at about 9:15 and left at 10:55. I also got one of the free necklaces, but i don't think it's a coke one - it has a snake on the front and the other side says "LDR", I don't think it's the same as on her website. It's still pretty though.

I completely agree!! After 5-6 years of being a fan you can see how much she has improved. Her vocals were phenomenal for every song.

I wasn't too made either - the only problem I had was that it felt like people were screaming out things to try to go viral on Youtube or something (like the 'sit on my face' guy). Lana handled it well, and followed by smiling and saying something like "thank you for not letting me be too serious", which was pretty funny.

Yeah you're so right, there was waaay too much screaming. Although I was hoping she'd respond to at least one fan with a "love you too".

How was the sound quality? I missed this one because I hate Sidney Myer Music Bowl, honestly my least favourite venue in Melbourne, if she was anywhere else in Melb I’d have been there.

Børns' audio quality was crap, his voice was inaudible so thank the lorde i know his songs pretty well. I thought it might've just been because I was right up the front, but Lana was super clear so who knows. Also imo I love the Sidney Myer Music bowl, although I would never pay money for lawn seats no matter who I was seeing.

blue eyes, and jazz, and attitude

Yeah you're so right, there was waaay too much screaming. Although I was hoping she'd respond to at least one fan with a "love you too".

Børns' audio quality was crap, his voice was inaudible so thank the lorde i know his songs pretty well. I thought it might've just been because I was right up the front, but Lana was super clear so who knows. Also imo I love the Sidney Myer Music bowl, although I would never pay money for lawn seats no matter who I was seeing.

Same happened in Brisbane with BORNS tbh. I've listened back to the few videos I took and it's completely inaudible. Whereas Lanas were so clear. 

Is it just him?  Lol. He is quite active on stage. Maybe he's just breathless