Davis

Florence + The Machine

Okay,  I haven't seen her Odyssey film,  but I've seen some of the videos in it. Is it really worth watching it as a whole?  It's like a damn hour  :toofunny:

It's fine, but unless you really love the album and visuals strongly affect how you view music, you can probably skip it.

It's fine, but unless you really love the album and visuals strongly affect how you view music, you can probably skip it.

How can I unsee a post? Help? Someone? Anyone?!

Okay,  I haven't seen her Odyssey film,  but I've seen some of the videos in it. Is it really worth watching it as a whole?  It's like a damn hour  :toofunny:

I would say it is most definitely worth it. It's truly stunning, heartbreaking and uplifting all at the same time. The cinematography is incredible and her choreography is wonderful. I've watched the full thing about 4-5 times and I constantly go back and watch clips

I would say yes. It's one of my favorite visual albums. I think the director Vincent and Florence worked really well together and I loved how they interpreted some of the songs. 

How can I unsee a post? Help? Someone? Anyone?!

I would say it is most definitely worth it. It's truly stunning, heartbreaking and uplifting all at the same time. The cinematography is incredible and her choreography is wonderful. I've watched the full thing about 4-5 times and I constantly go back and watch clips

Let's not pretend the videos weren't repetitive. They basically fall into three categories: "standing still while the camera pans dramatically", "frenetic movement through a space" and "group groping". If they've already seen some of them, they've probably got the gist.

New interview with Annie Mac is up. She talks extensively about HAH and what inspired it. Also, for those who don't know, Emile Haynie and Flo co-produced the album together. He's one of my favorite producers so I have high hopes (no pun intended lol)

"The thing with Emile is that he doesn't really wanna mess with demos that much"

EMILE WHERE R U WHEN LANA NEEDS U

Let's not pretend the videos weren't repetitive. They basically fall into three categories: "standing still while the camera pans dramatically", "frenetic movement through a space" and "group groping". If they've already seen some of them, they've probably got the gist.

You should probably look a little deeper into it! They aren't just pop music videos where the choreography is meaningless. A lot of the dance moves have *specific* purpose tied to *specific* meaning. You should watch the hour long interview she did after it premiered, she explains it well :) The videos def. weren't repetitive either, if you actually take the time to look into each one rather than watching it superficially (no shade haha). Plus there are scenes in the film that aren't in the videos individually and some are edited different. Flo isn't some popstar that is dictated by trends and management. Her work is actually a part of her, so I would consider carefully watching it again!

You should probably look a little deeper into it! They aren't just pop music videos where the choreography is meaningless. A lot of the dance moves have *specific* purpose tied to *specific* meaning. You should watch the hour long interview she did after it premiered, she explains it well :) The videos def. weren't repetitive either, if you actually take the time to look into each one rather than watching it superficially (no shade haha). Plus there are scenes in the film that aren't in the videos individually and some are edited different. Flo isn't some popstar that is dictated by trends and management. Her work is actually a part of her, so I would consider carefully watching it again!

I've read the meanings, looked through the interviews and watched the whole thing in its entirety twice, along with each of the individual videos a handful of times. I understand what she was going for and don't think it was successful. It is really that simple. If someone's strapped for time and doesn't think they can keep their attention on something for an hour, there's no point in suggesting watching it. Your condescending tone is also pretty cringetastic. Don't talk down to people just because they don't like the same things as you.

Setlist from tonight:

1. Between Two Lungs
  2. Queen of Peace
  3. Only If For A Night
  4. Hunger
  5. Third Eye
  6. Sky Full of Song
  7. Dog Days Are Over
  8. Mother
  9. Patricia (DEBUT PERFORMANCE)
  10. Falling
  11. 100 Years (DEBUT PERFORMANCE)
  12. Ship To Wreck
  13. Delilah
  14. What Kind of Man

1. Shake It Out (Encore)

What an interesting setlist!!!

edit: The show isn't over (sorry) and she also played Shake It Out! i'll update the setlist later if anyone cares hahah <3

edit 2: I think this is the final setlist?

edit 3: Omg I think this is the final

Setlist from tonight:

1. Between Two Lungs
  2. Only If For A Night
  3. Hunger
  4. Ship To Wreck
  5. Dog Days Are Over
  6. Mother
  7. Patricia (DEBUT PERFORMANCE)
  8. Falling
  9. 100 Years (DEBUT PERFORMANCE)

What an interesting setlist!!!

edit: The show isn't over (sorry) and she also played Shake It Out! i'll update the setlist later if anyone cares hahah <3

Can you please link the live live performance if you find them :(.

I really wanna listen to them