LDRO

Grammy 2013 Predictions

Your comments and answers have no base what so ever. Is like reading a comic book and calling it Tolstoy. And yes you read all my comments and asnwers. Bitch please!! Kiss kiss :omfg2:

WwefeU5.gif

Excuse me? No base? I don't need to give numbers I found on wikipedia to have a valid answer. What I said is just that Adele was overplayed and everyone who listens to radio know this. And you contradicted yourself:

"song played non stop so maybe they are going for the popularity factor after all is a US award show and she is popular there I guess."

That is exactly what happened to Adele ( not talking about music quality/taste so don't go there).

"Is like reading a comic book and calling it Tolstoy" - What the hell are you talking about, seriously, trying to hard here. And maturity level of the conversation just falls so low when stupid gifs like those are used. Don't even bother answering, I'm tired of having stupid fights with you so I am blocking you ( and I advise you to do the same).

" Tolstoy

Rihanna works a lot, I mean, an album every year requires a lot of work and that is her problem. If she took her time to really work on an album instead of releasing one every year just to get that top single ( and if she really worked on her stuff, not have people write and produce her songs for her) she would get more respect. I mean, Umbrella was written by The-Dream, Christopher Stewart, Kuk Harrell and Jay-Z and WFL by Calvin Harris, she basically just contributes with her vocals and that is all u_u.

EotAQlJ.jpg

My point about Rihanna was more a general statement in regards to things I've seen around the board. 

Truthfully, in that particular category, Kelly is the most deserving. Stronger is terrible, but she's a better vocalist than Adele imo. 

I dont think Kelly has better vocals but that is simply musical taste I guess. How a voice sounds to you, me and different ears. Kelly is also deserving in my point of view I just prefere Adele. Kelly is also great I eman.  Rihanna deserves to be recognised like anyone else 2.She is truly a hit maker.  But lets recognise her for what she does.  My point was live performance is live perfomance. You cant place Rihanna with Adele or Kelly. If you called only Performance would be another story. In a Performance category they are all equalls  but when you put the word LIVE in my opinion becomes a total different story. Live category is for the Adele's, Kelly's, Marina's not Rihanna's and Carly's. That doesn't make in any way what Rihanna has achieved and Katy less important or even desearving. Is just not live music.

glgcDdT.gif

Huh. And you were doing so well...

I've frankly had it with you guys trying to act like Rihanna is the scum of the Earth and the lowest form of musicality when people like Katy Perry and LMFAO exist. The girl has been consecutively dominating the charts since day damn one, for going on eight years now. I don't see any other artist in the Hot 100 who gets a number one single every single year for weeks at a time. I don't see any other pop girl in Hot 100 with the adaptability and staying power that Rihanna has proven to have. 

WHY IS THAT NOT WORTHY OF CELEBRATION?

Jesus. :facepalm:

you just became my fave member bc of this. :gclap: god bless you  :kiss:

I've frankly had it with you guys trying to act like Rihanna is the scum of the Earth and the lowest form of musicality when people like Katy Perry and LMFAO exist. The girl has been consecutively dominating the charts since day damn one, for going on eight years now. I don't see any other artist in the Hot 100 who gets a number one single every single year for weeks at a time. I don't see any other pop girl in Hot 100 with the adaptability and staying power that Rihanna has proven to have. 

-

Anyway, I need Nas, Frank Ocean and Luke James to pick up their first Grammy tonight. :party:

Rihanna tries too hard end of story. :hottie: 

'We Are Never Getting Back Together' and 'I Knew You Were Trouble' (both singles) were the worst songs on that album. I can name 5 other songs from "Red" that could have been better singles. At least in my opinion.

I don't listen to her at all, but I really like State of Grace. I listened to it because that's also the name of a Britney demo, and I didn't know if it was given to Swift. 

14417469274.gif

Rihanna works a lot, I mean, an album every year requires a lot of work and that is her problem. If she took her time to really work on an album instead of releasing one every year just to get that top single ( and if she really worked on her stuff, not have people write and produce her songs for her) she would get more respect. I mean, Umbrella was written by The-Dream, Christopher Stewart, Kuk Harrell and Jay-Z and WFL by Calvin Harris, she basically just contributes with her vocals and that is all u_u.

Well, she has writing credits on practically every song on Unapologetic, as well as a few on her debut, so...

But this is also an argument I don't understand. There are so many immensely talented, legendary artists from yesteryear that didn't write a single song in their discography, but no one bats an eye at them. Why is it a problem only for Rihanna? The same goes for album releases. Annual releases were quite common ~back in the day~ and some artists (again, huge, legendary artists; Jimmi Hendrix and The Beatles, to name a few) released two albums a year. And still, it's only a problem when Rihanna does it? It doesn't make you any less of an artist/musician. 

Rihanna tries too hard end of story. :hottie:

Stay MOD, heathen! 

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

If she took her time to really work on an album instead of releasing one every year just to get that top single ( and if she really worked on her stuff, not have people write and produce her songs for her) she would get more respect.

Preach girl! :mariah: 

Well, she has writing credits on practically every song on Unapologetic, as well as a few on her debut, so...

But this is also an argument I don't understand. There are so many immensely talented, legendary artists from yesteryear that didn't write a single song in their discography, but no one bats an eye at them. Why is it a problem only for Rihanna? The same goes for album releases. Annual releases were quite common ~back in the day~ and some artists (again, huge, legendary artists; Jimmi Hendrix and The Beatles, to name a few) released two albums a year. And still, it's only a problem when Rihanna does it? It doesn't make you any less of an artist/musician. 

Stay MOD, heathen! 

I personally feel like she's only had staying power because she's fucking stayed, lol. She just annoys me. I know she writes some of her songs - usually the ones I come across that she's written are just... trashy. I am accustomed to artists putting out albums every 2 or so years, although one a year is fine IMO. It just feels like she puts out more than that, really. I've never seen you defend an artist so heavily though, I admire your input here. :flutter: 

14417469274.gif

I'm sure TSwift is going to win something, I just pray to god that Call Me Maybe doesn't win. Frank should win something but I'm really not that interested in award shows, they're weird. 

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I personally feel like she's only had staying power because she's fucking stayed, lol.

What's wrong with that though? I mean, why not strike the iron while it's hot? Especially in Pop music when you're shelf life as in artist is relatively short anyway.

I know she writes some of her songs - usually the ones I come across that she's written are just... trashy.

I mean, no more trashy than "climb into my golden cockpit," but... 

I jest. 

It just feels like she puts out more than that, really.

Which is perfectly fine and completely understandable, considering her last two eras basically rolled into one another with Cheers/We Found Love and Where Have You Been/Diamonds. I just hate how she gets the brunt of it when when tons more prolific artists have done it way before her time. 

'Tis all. 

I've never seen you defend an artist so heavily though, I admire your input here. :flutter:

Love to love you, Bill.  :hooker:

What kind of thread hijack though? The impact. :legend:

If anything, this is why I should be re-elected as Member of the Week. 

Suck on that, Sitar.  :read:

Excuse me? No base? I don't need to give numbers I found on wikipedia to have a valid answer. What I said is just that Adele was overplayed and everyone who listens to radio know this. And you contradicted yourself:

"song played non stop so maybe they are going for the popularity factor after all is a US award show and she is popular there I guess."

That is exactly what happened to Adele ( not talking about music quality/taste so don't go there).

"Is like reading a comic book and calling it Tolstoy" - What the hell are you talking about, seriously, trying to hard here. And maturity level of the conversation just falls so low when stupid gifs like those are used. Don't even bother answering, I'm tired of having stupid fights with you so I am blocking you ( and I advise you to do the same).

" TolstoyRihanna works a lot, I mean, an album every year requires a lot of work and that is her problem. If she took her time to really work on an album instead of releasing one every year just to get that top single ( and if she really worked on her stuff, not have people write and produce her songs for her) she would get more respect. I mean, Umbrella was written by The-Dream, Christopher Stewart, Kuk Harrell and Jay-Z and WFL by Calvin Harris, she basically just contributes with her vocals and that is all u_u.

:lmao: I am done with you. I dont need to block you baby . ;)

The Tolstoy and comic book comparison was directed to you by the way not Rihanna. :lmao: The end. :D

glgcDdT.gif

To straighten something out: she is scum, her music is hot. #unapologetic

Although fuck, she's most certainly better than Katy Perry and she IS dominating the fuck out of pop music (for one reason or another but mostly because it's her damn purpose in life and coins are spent so HEY praise be). :gclap: to Rih.

On topic: I liked her performance a lot.

But yeah this show was a fucking MESS.

But yeah this show was a fucking MESS.

And there it is.

Katy's sweater puppies were sitting tonight though. I'll give her that. That's... all I really remember. 

Also: Adele wore my grandmother's couch. 

And there it is.

Katy's sweater puppies were sitting tonight though. I'll give her that. That's... all I really remember. 

Also: Adele wore my grandmother's couch. 

Something is aging Katy's face rapid as fuck though. Leave it to me to look at her face when her boobs looked glorious. Adele usually looks good, at the very least, but this was not her finest hour :horror:

I need some antics, really. Not Mumford & Shit and their tribute act and then some Bob Marley fuckery. Give me Nicki Minaj looking a blasphemous wreck at the very least.