TIARNZUS

Lana Del Rey H&m Advertisements

Oh man, i bet David Lynch fans are gonna be pissed.

They are. Read lots of comments from them saying that Lynch should sue Lana and then they called out Lana for the whole daddy thing and personal life, etc. . Most are really pretentious hipsters, so I really don't care that much about what they say. Actually, most people who insult her are really big hipsters. Big beards, vegan diet boasting all over Tumblr, iPhones 24/7.

Do we really think she is behind the concept and execution or was it some bigwig in H&M's marketing department who saw this as a great opportunity for them? I mean, it is really well made for an homage, quite nuanced and meticulously executed, but for some reason i doubt that this materialized by her coming to them with the idea. Do we know anything about how any of this came about and the chronology, including the recording of the song? It's intriguing for sure.

To be clear, i said that i bet David Lynch fans are going to be pissed because you're dealing with a strong cult following (far exceeding hipsters, by the way) of a very established auteur who has created a much talked about, controversial body of work, and along comes a (for all intents and purposes) brand new, mainstream pop singer who is viewed by many as disposable and fake, covering a song, not made famous by but, revitalized by arguably Lynch's most beloved film, for a CLOTHING STORE COMMERCIAL done in a style that is so blatantly modeled after his. We can certainly imagine the shit storm that's coming.

P.S. I'm not a Lynch fan. But i do respect the guy.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I can't stop laughing from that video you posted. Anyways, I'm a big Lynch fan, but some of his other fans are just - eh, I guess just really annoying, emphasize the "really." I think, personally, Lana did a really good job with the Blue Velvet video.

Guest Maru the Cat

Most are really pretentious hipsters, so I really don't care that much about what they say. Actually, most people who insult her are really big hipsters. Big beards, vegan diet boasting all over Tumblr, iPhones 24/7.

Excuse me?

P.S. I'm not a Lynch fan. But i do respect the guy.

He's still no Werner Herzog. That guy got shot while giving an interview and still continued it, remarking "It is not a significant bullet." Oh, and a few days earlier he rescued Joaquin Phoenix from his overturned car.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

He's still no Werner Herzog. That guy got shot while giving an interview and still continued it, remarking "It is not a significant bullet." Oh, and a few days earlier he rescued Joaquin Phoenix from his overturned car.

In his purple and pink boxers. Hey, i wear purple and pink underwear. But they're real underwear, none of this boxer shorts bullshit. Okay, uhm, you didn't need to know that. No one needed to know that. Anyway...

Herzog >>>> Lynch

Although Herzog is a bit of a misogynist and a bigot. But he's funny as hell and endlessly entertaining.

Do we really think she is behind the concept and execution or was it some bigwig in H&M's marketing department who saw this as a great opportunity for them? I mean, it is really well made for an homage, quite nuanced and meticulously executed, but for some reason i doubt that this materialized by her coming to them with the idea. Do we know anything about how any of this came about and the chronology, including the recording of the song?

Well no, she isn' tyhe CEO of H&M, however, they clearly are rolling with the vibe of her music and look which at times can be borderline Lynch. She doesn't need to say anything really, she just acts the part in her own work.

Good point, but here's another question: Do you think the CEO of H&M has anything substantial to do with any of the creative decisions that go into their ad campaigns?

Guest Maru the Cat

Noooo, I just noticed the words in your signature making fun of mine :toofloppy:

If I ever host a Reydio show, I would record myself singing those lines and that would be my thing!

(Or you know, I could get Hunter -- someone that could ACTUALLY SING to do it for me). :P

David Lynch on Lana Del Rey:

“Lana Del Rey, she’s got some fantastic charisma and — this is a very interesting thing — it’s like she’s born out of another time,” “She’s got something that’s very appealing to people. And I didn’t know that she was influenced by me!”

source: http://www.nme.com/news/lana-del-rey/66128

giffix-1.gif

David Lynch on Lana Del Rey:

“Lana Del Rey, she’s got some fantastic charisma and — this is a very interesting thing — it’s like she’s born out of another time,” “She’s got something that’s very appealing to people. And I didn’t know that she was influenced by me!”

source: http://www.nme.com/n...a-del-rey/66128

YAY.

Lyncha Del Rey.