sweetlana

Lana Del Rey Interviewed By Electronics Beats Magazine

There were some really interesting answers through all... that. But at some point it was an annoying mix of pretentiousness and endless justifications that she doesn't have to give really. I don't know why she gets like that in some interviews, does she dislike the journalist, is she having a bad day, I can't tell. 

anti-me ~

:smh:

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

I thought the sound developed quite a bit from Born To Die to Paradise.

You did?

Yeah, I thought Paradise was much better.

Yeah, I thought it was better, too.

There’s a lot of darkness and pathos, I’d say.

Yeah.

And that’s not changed, from the sound of what we’re listening to now.

If the new record sounds exactly like Paradise, I swear...

This interview is so interesting. I loved and hated some of her answers. Very bipolar opinion about it. Mostly she gives the same rehearsed answers but there are glimpses of her own thoughts in some answers. And those parts are interesting IMO.

she is such a liar and a player  is almost funny. Sometimes I think she plays the journalists. It's her little own revenge playing them. Like when she says she doesn't care about her image when obviously she does, the way she explains why she is not that into AMerica. Only the views, scenes and people. Or her answer about health care or Obama's election. SHe mentions his first election leaving space for you to think the realection was not supported by her. Or the fact that when she had no money she couldn't afford health insurance because was 700 bucks but now that she has money she loses it to the high taxes.

Her take on music and her peers is also interesting. She puts herself in such high position. Like her and Barrie are the only true musicians she ever met and true poets. The others just want to be cool. SHe is probably right about a lot of them but NO ONE IS GOOD ENOUTHG for her? Common bitch....wake up. You're are not that amazing or her songs are not that soulfull.

She also gets confused witht the dates she arrives, comes and goes from cities. Again as always they don't fucking make sense. By a calendar and put your life in a timetable lana!

About her "charity work" she says she doesn't work with it in 2 years. On her other interview she said she works with charity and was also her message on twitter to ënovative thinking"remember that?

Well or Lana has multiple personalities, or is a compulsive liar or she is playing the fame game better than anyone before because she really created a character for herself.

"Actually, I’ve never read anything written about me that was true. It’s been completely crazy."

glgcDdT.gif

This interview is so interesting. I loved and hated some of her answers. Very bipolar opinion about it. Mostly she gives the same rehearsed answers but there is glimpses of her own thoughts in some answers. And those parts are interesting IMO.

she is such a liar and a player  is almost funny. Sometimes I think she plays the journalists. It's her little own revenge playing them. Like when she says she doesn't care about her image when obviously she does, the way she explains why she is not that into AMerica. Only the views, scenes and people. Or her answer about health care or Obama's election. SHe mentions his first election leaving space for you to think the realection was not supported by her. Or the fact that when she had no money she couldn't afford health insurance because was 700 bucks but now that she has money she loses it to the high taxes.

Her take on music and her peers is also interesting. She puts herself in such high position. Like her and Barrie are the only true musicians she ever met and true poets. The others just want to be cool. SHe is probably right about a lot of them but NO ONE IS GOOD ENOUTHG for her? Common bitch....wake up. You're are not that amazing or her songs are not that soulfull.

She also gets confused witht he dates she arrives, comes and goes from cities. Again as always they don't fucking make sense. By a calendar and put your life in a timetable lana!

About her "charity work" she says she doesn't work with it in 2 years. On her other interview she said she works with charity and was also her message on twitter to ënovative thinking"remember that?

Well or Lana has multiple personalities, or is a compulsive liar or she is playing the fame game better than anyone before because she really created a character for herself.

"Actually, I’ve never read anything written about me that was true. It’s been completely crazy."

i don't mean this in a mean way whatsoever, but maybe she does actually have a kind of personality disorder. i mean, it wouldn't surprise me. of course, that's not a bad thing but yeah. even her songs are kind of split when you think about it. 

4r9w86.jpg

i don't mean this in a mean way whatsoever, but maybe she does actually have a kind of personality disorder. i mean, it wouldn't surprise me. of course, that's not a bad thing but yeah. even her songs are kind of split when you think about it. 

What you said is not mean is totally possible. I think she does have that or she is really smart and created a character and is seeing as an outsider what people do with it. Like a  philosophical experiment or something like that. Too many lies combined and pretentious answers but they seem to be attached to some form of critique to the world she lives in. I don't know really anyway only she knows .

glgcDdT.gif

What you said is not mean is totally possible. I think she does have that or she is really smart and created a character and is seeing as an outsider what people do with it. Like a  philosophical experiment or something like that. Too many lies combined and pretentious answers but they seem to be attached to some form of critique to the world she lives in. I don't know really anyway only she knows .

i'm with you there! i've done little experiments like that before and i do a lot of philosophy, i wouldn't be surprised if she'd done that too. 

4r9w86.jpg

OMG, amazing!

Now I love her even more!

And I have to agree, Paradise is so much better than BTD, even tho that album is gold.

Okay, she was in a bit of a mood, but I loved her answers.

The only thing is, her obliviousness about releasing new material. Come on Lana! Give it to us, you know we want it.

And by the way, did you notice that she often mentions that it's hard for her to express herself/ppl don't understand? It's not that she is a liar, she just has an unique perspective.

And by the way, did you notice that she often mentions that it's hard for her to express herself/ppl don't understand? It's not that she is a liar, she just has an unique perspective.

i see where she's coming from, people will never truly know what all of those songs mean to her, and they'll never know what she's actually like as a person to live with, be in a relationship with, be friends with. maybe she just doesn't feel like she's understood by anybody. i think she's a very complex person and she probably overthinks a lot so then she probably gets into a certain mental state. 

4r9w86.jpg

I thought this was rather telling, as far as interviews go. It's like she's rolling with the image that the GP has attributed to her, but renouncing it all the same... in a calculated sort of sense, that does nothing but reinforce the idea that she's a fake through and through. I don't doubt a word that comes out of her mouth though, honestly -- but I don't doubt how deliberate she seems to be, either. Lana can say what she wants, but she's a character -- if to a point where her character is so intrinsic that it has taken over what used to be plain old Elizabeth. She's aware of it at least, and using it to her advantage best she can. Gotta love her ass for that! :hooker:

Am I even making sense? :deadbanana:

rihKQ8M.gif

Yeah, expecially that thousand songs about getting rich daddy and let him play with her.

:brows3: She can't be feminist/hold feminist attitudes and like rich dudes and want to get f-ed[hard]?

I meant that in the way that she always seems to want to empower herself...songs like TIWMUG and etc. "I'm that b*tch you can't fuck with"? Also I said imo... obviously not everyone will see/agree about her song topics/stances..Idek.

She should be thanking and applauding her fans that have supported her I think...I mean, she obviously loves her fans but thank them instead of acknowledging hate 'cause she's only giving those people the attention..

:smokes3:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I thought this was rather telling, as far as interviews go. It's like she's rolling with the image that the GP has attributed to her, but renouncing it all the same... in a calculated sort of sense, that does nothing but reinforce the idea that she's a fake through and through. I don't doubt a word that comes out of her mouth though, honestly -- but I don't doubt how deliberate she seems to be, either. Lana can say what she wants, but she's a character -- if to a point where her character is so intrinsic that it has taken over what used to be plain old Elizabeth. She's aware of it at least, and using it to her advantage best she can. Gotta love her ass for that! :hooker:

Am I even making sense? :deadbanana:

Yeah you are! I love that you get it :yesnod:

You don’t feel you have a group of people in music who you necessarily connect to—a scene, let’s say, or a group of peers? What you talk about publicly and in interviews—say, listening to the The Doors or Dylan—it all seems “normal”. But I think what you do is not normal, actually.

Well, I thought so, too. I thought my tastes and likes were pretty normal, but then I met everyone and I was like, “These people don’t actually care about music and art. They want to be cool.”

Do you think she is referring to Katy Perry here? They met :creep:

I think mainly American will feel bad about this interview. If I were American I would... But I'm not. The feeling I get from this interview is that she's weird and socially awkward because her interests are disconnected from the real world's issues. She's really into her thing and forgets about the rest. I liked the interview though. I like her "I don't give fuck anymore, I'm no longer trying to please you" attitude.

up45I.gif

For some reason I can imagine this interview being really awkward.

I can't decide whether I love or hate this interview. It's definitely interesting.

Maybe the fame is getting to her head 'oh i can say whatever i want'

idk

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

For some reason I can imagine this interview being really awkward.

I can't decide whether I love or hate this interview. It's definitely interesting.

Maybe the fame is getting to her head 'oh i can say whatever i want'

idk

but she can, whether she's famous or not. why shouldn't she? 

4r9w86.jpg

"I could play you some stuff. Want to hear it? [starts playing new tracks from laptop]"

...completely in shock that this actually happened...  :hdu:

honestly I think that a personality disorder, though unlikely, could explain a lot of things. I'm definitely not saying that it's probable, but it's interesting to think about... this interview definitely doesn't show the "cute lana" that we see most of the time

tumblr_mg7j6rudk51qmosg3o1_500.gif