Deleted User

Arca

who else is doing it like her? anyone else heard ANOHNI in one of the songs?riquiqui? or was it just the way she manipulated the vocals? anyways, im screaming her self titlted tonight because all i'lve been doing it listening to this album!!

so... when is the album coming officially? i only heard la chiqui and que lo que bc i couldn't hold my excitement but we need it on streaming plataforms what is she waiting for, does she know it leaked?  :(

the way Gaga and Dua Lipa fans have been trying to drag Arca on twitter  :crossed:

why??

so... when is the album coming officially? i only heard la chiqui and que lo que bc i couldn't hold my excitement but we need it on streaming plataforms what is she waiting for, does she know it leaked?  :(

she does

who else is doing it like her? anyone else heard ANOHNI in one of the songs?riquiqui? or was it just the way she manipulated the vocals? anyways, im screaming her self titlted tonight because all i'lve been doing it listening to this album!!

anohni? i highly doubt it. her vocals on this album are highly manipulated (for example the second half of machote)

@@Vulnicura @@wahyun @@TheBoss @alejxndro

so, this is my definitive review...

after months and months of contant teasing, it's "out" -- kick is finally here; her second vocal album and first as a transwoman. naturally, the album was going to deal with very personal issues; she herself said the concept of the record was the beauty and possibility of mutation, transformation and "glitches" viewed as a philosophical term.

"nonbinary", a spoken word experimental track about recognising and being proud of both the luck she's had in life and the tragedies she had to suffer. she holds on to what made her strong, mainly her work ethic. fantastic introduction and synth melody. we smoothly transition to "time", one of her most gorgeous tracks ever and, perhaps, her lightest and happiest. incredible synth-pop and psychedelic pop production (i see synth-pop is slowly getting back to the mainstream? the weeknd's new record feature a lot of synth-pop production). seems like music-wise it's inspired by light itself.

third track is the most anticipated -- "mequetrefe". the futuristic, experimental reggaeton piece features some really interesting lyrics and structure. first of anything, the word mequetrefe could be applied on either people (especially young people), places, things or, in this case situations. a mequetrefe is something imprudent, informal, messy. she's calling herself "mommy" in this track.

"mommy wants mequetrefe

she deserves it

look at her with her head held high

she came here walking from home

she doesn't take taxies

she wants to be seen

to be seen on the streets

she doesn't take uber, taxi or lyft

look at her"

the chorus kicks in with a beautiful caribbean-like synth melody:

mommy wants mequetrefe

look at her with her head held high

and you know what?

she has the personality

she doesn't give a damn

with those dance steps, she doesn't give a damn"

and then the songs breaks into a dark, experimental, no-tempo chaos. she repeats, drowned and distorted, "she doesn't give a damn", which makes you question whether she really does or not. is she, as a transwoman, actually safe on the streets at night? is he really absolutely comfortable, holding her head high, during this process? she wants to get into a mequetrefe situation; she wants to dance her pain away at the club. suddenly, the light caribbean synth comes back and she repeats... "and you know what? she doesn't give a damn". such a brilliant track.

"riquiquí" features some tension-inducing production: whip sounds everywhere, fast-paced drums. she emanates pure confidence and pride, apparently singing to those who doubted her or those who doubt her sexual and gender identity. "spectacle comes out from her, reggaeton comes out of her, dembow comes out of her", she sings-raps over a drone-like synthesizer. as maddening the music sounds, her attitude is that of a supermodel: poker face, head held high, good posture and "cat in slow motion" movements. getting into more technical stuff, she proves once again her talent for mixing and mastering: her vocals sound extremely crisp, the EQ is on point and every second is very detailed.

the first love song, "calor", shares some of her feelings for her current partner. "i'll let you enter, because you showed me nothing but your heat... you are the dream i didn't dare to have." in this track, we are introduced to the second most important theme: it seems like she found the love of her life, someone who accepts her the way she is. for those who don't know, her boyfriend carlos has been with her during this process, and he demonstrated to be respectful, supporting and loving. the song has some beautiful synth melodies and vocals. then we have the first ballad: "afterwards" featuring long-time collaborator and idol of hers, björk. the lyrics consist of a portion of antonio machado's poem "anoche cuando dormía". they make sense for both artists: their hearts are regenerated and anew -- björk is over her divorce and arca is finally living her true self.

"when i was sleeping last night

i dreamed... holy illusion...

that i had a hive inside my heart

and the golden bees fabricated

with my old bitterness

white wax and sweet honey."

music-wise, it's classic björk + arca: a mix of really distant ambient synths and subtle industrial elements, very prominent in her 2017 album utopia. outstanding vocal performance and beautiful outro by arca, very reminiscent of her song "fugaces" from self-titled. "watch", featuring british singer shygirl, is a club-ready banger that doesn't add a lot to the album other than great attitude. definitely works more as an interlude, as it's one of the shortest songs.

then we have the long awaited rosalía collaboration "klk". "alejandra and i are blessed," the spanish musician sings over an industrial reggaeton beat (very reminiscent of aarón's "alien catalk" :creep:). despite the insane production, i would've liked a little more structure and clearer vocals -- the only lines you can actually understand are "esa mujer", "qué lo que", "en este momento quiero verlos a todos meneando la cadera!" and the one i quoted first. still, a highlight.

the moment i read the title "rip the slit" i felt it was going to be either a filler or a banger: and guess what, it's the latter. fantastic flow; perfect balance between the toughest and hardest-kicking tracks and softer moments on the album in an almost-instrumental bop. it's like a warm up for the following track: the astonishing, forward-thinking sophie collaboration "la chiqui". "meneo meneo meneo meneo meneo", she endlessly repeats in the intro, automatically inducing you to wiggle. if i had to describe the sound, it would be electronic experimental industrial cumbia. thematically, she's trying to tell us she's a woman, she's beautiful and doesn't want anyone to forget that. period.

"machote", a trap-inspired ballad, is a very special and extremely honest piece about wanting a man who loves her the way she deserves. interestingly, she shares that she tried to find him countless times.

"i want a tough man

i want one right now

i want a male that knows how to touch me

i want a guy that knows how to love me

and of course that knows how to move

i've been looking for a quiet man

a gentleman with good feelings

i know that it's harder than it seems

there are many of them but how do i decide?

i've been in the club

walking around

staring at every man alone

if i ever stop i swear i'll explode..."

and then she sings a very interesting line that could be interpreted in two ways. she says: "y seguro, papi, me llevan pa'l manicomio". what's deep about this line is that we don't know if the comma should be there. the line, with the commas around "papi" means "and i'm sure, daddy, they'll take me to a madhouse". she's going crazy trying to find a good man. but we if take off the commas we're left with a darker meaning: "and i'm sure daddy will take me to a madhouse". we don't know much about her relationship with her actual father, but she confessed she didn't have a good time growing as queer and fem. she actually said she planned to marry a woman and live as a "straight man". the beats, as simple as they are, function like a breath of fresh air after such chaotic production from the previous tracks. and, perhaps the best part of the song, are the r&b synthesizers towards the end. very emotional.

her best outro ever, "no queda nada", is a 6-minute ode to her boyfriend carlos. it really seems like finding him was what she needed to complete her process; even if they break up one day, he still supported her like no other and made her feel like every inch of her body is beautiful and worthy. the sense, the human act of touch is very important throughout the album, most predominantly in these last two tracks. "i want a male that knows how to touch me," she sings in the previous song.

"there's nothing left in me

beyond what you're staring at

there's not a corner left

that wasn't penetrated by your heat

there's nothing left in me

that isn't beautiful by your side

there's nothing left in me

that you haven't touched yet

there's nothing left

that isn't yours."

the romanticism, the honesty. the emotions are intense, and before you even notice, you're completely into this heavenly world of ultimate peace, reaching a goal you didn't even knew you were aiming for. thank you arca.

they were dragging @@@@@  idk they don't understand or appreciate the praise she was gettingi guess

and i LOVED your review of the album, was a read and totally agree :D

thank you so much :)

I agree 100% with that review. I think KiCK is her most solid project so far. So proud of her.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

so like i want and Arca x Charli XCX project soo bad. I wanted the collab before because I wanted everyone in the world to collab with Charli but with KiCk... now i NEED a complete project with them. I feel like i'd be insane and would complement each other so much.

I agree 100% with that review. I think KiCK is her most solid project so far. So proud of her.

Your review is beautifully written and very accurate! Thank you for sharing :)

thank you guys!

According to the new PAPER cover story, there's a song in KiCk i entitled 'Tiro' that doesn't appear in the leaked album tracklist. The collaborators, SOPHIE, Björk, SHYGIRL and ROSALÍA, remain the same. There's no release date confirmed yet.

Read the full story: https://beggars.app.box.com/s/vnzuw43xwg19a6npcleaju9ywxny4xeq

I'm wondering if Mequetrefe has been renamed

I remember having a major crush for her when i randomly witnessed her show at a music festival a few years ago... and i still adore her beauty now that she's a transwoman!! Such a beautiful person with such a beautiful talent  :flutter:  kick sounds like her best project so far