expandableclitoris

Call Me By Your Name

noah offense but why is everybody going crazy about the age difference. elio literally is the one that initiates everything and oliver never forces anything on him and literally this whole situation exists whitin the context of a movie ...so is it that deep?

noah offense but why is everybody going crazy about the age difference. elio literally is the one that initiates everything and oliver never forces anything on him and literally this whole scenario exists whitin the context of a movie ...so is it that deep?

From what I've seen, 9 times out of 10 it's some hetero person who wants a reason to call the film immoral without getting called out for being a homophobe

Somebody needs to cut Timothee's hair, it looks so greasy and I feel like I can smell it through the pictures. I know it's weird but its been bothering me for a month.

I personally think it suits him and it's super cute

Plus whenever I see interviews with him he plays with it when he's awkward or uncomfortable so if that's what he likes let it be!

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

noah offense but why is everybody going crazy about the age difference. elio literally is the one that initiates everything and oliver never forces anything on him and literally this whole situation exists whitin the context of a movie ...so is it that deep?

Because its fun to be a SJW for nothing and picking fights nowadays

I myself said they were pedophiles when the teaser got released lmfao

Plus whenever I see interviews with him he plays with it when he's awkward or uncomfortable so if that's what he likes let it be!

+2

His curls are cute and he's serving french legend.

i76mrxw.png 

Wow people are really running their mouths on twitter about this movie being abusive and pedophilia without knowing anything about it or what they're trying to source their argument from.

So people are freaking out about an article pointing out that the age of consent in Italy is 14 and are saying "people at 14 aren't mature enough" and "legality doesn't mean morality". While I agree with both of those statement (the second in a more vague context) people seem to be ignoring the fact that Elio wasn't 14, he was 17. It's also never specified exactly how old Elio was, in the novel he may have been weeks away from being 18, it's never stated. There's a huge difference in maturity levels between a 14 year old and a 17 year old. People are also ignoring that nothing about the relationship was predatory. Elio was the one who fell in love with Oliver, the two created a healthy friendship and as that blossomed into a relationship, at no point was Oliver manipulating, pressuring, or grooming Elio, but rather tried to avoid the relationship and asked Elio's explicit consent several times before allowing anything to happen. I think it's weird that people automatically assume because of the relationship having an age gap of ~7 years and Elio being months away from 18, the relationship was automatically predatory. Sure there are plenty of instances of unhealthy, predatory relationships between older men and their younger partners, but I think it's weird that people are pushing that narrative on the movie where it's very clear that isn't the case.

(There's also a deeper problem rearing its head with how LGBTQ+ adolescents are allowed to express and come into their sexuality but thats another topic)

Wow people are really running their mouths on twitter about this movie being abusive and pedophilia without knowing anything about it or what they're trying to source their argument from.

So people are freaking out about an article pointing out that the age of consent in Italy is 14 and are saying "people at 14 aren't mature enough" and "legality doesn't mean morality". While I agree with both of those statement (the second in a more vague context) people seem to be ignoring the fact that Elio wasn't 14, he was 17. It's also never specified exactly how old Elio was, in the novel he may have been weeks away from being 18, it's never stated. There's a huge difference in maturity levels between a 14 year old and a 17 year old. People are also ignoring that nothing about the relationship was predatory. Elio was the one who fell in love with Oliver, the two created a healthy friendship and as that blossomed into a relationship, at no point was Oliver manipulating, pressuring, or grooming Elio, but rather tried to avoid the relationship and asked Elio's explicit consent several times before allowing anything to happen. I think it's weird that people automatically assume because of the relationship having an age gap of ~7 years and Elio being months away from 18, the relationship was automatically predatory. Sure there are plenty of instances of unhealthy, predatory relationships between older men and their younger partners, but I think it's weird that people are pushing that narrative on the movie where it's very clear that isn't the case.

(There's also a deeper problem rearing its head with how LGBTQ+ adolescents are allowed to express and come into their sexuality but thats another topic)

e0p7lt9.gif

this movie continues to get attention, praise and is winning awards since its first screening in January last year.

most "criticism" or people calling out the movie on various things is literally reaching and completely missing what this movie is about.

i76mrxw.png 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2017/11/28/call_me_by_your_name_is_not_a_gay_movie.html

Super nice article about LGBT people either loving the fuck out of this film or calling it anti-queer and why is it so from psychological perspective done by a drag queen.

Also a little bit of background of the book's release, Aciman's orientation and urban legends among LGBT that this book has spread.

I started thinking about Aciman in 2007 and how weird it must've been for people to see a straight guy go and drop a book like that so that article kind of answered some questions of mine.

Super interesting!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2017/11/28/call_me_by_your_name_is_not_a_gay_movie.html

Super nice article about LGBT people either loving the fuck out of this film or calling it anti-queer and why is it so from psychological perspective done by a drag queen.

Also a little bit of background of the book's release, Aciman's orientation and urban legends among LGBT that this book has spread.

I started thinking about Aciman in 2007 and how weird it must've been for people to see a straight guy go and drop a book like that so that article kind of answered some questions of mine.

Super interesting!

aren't they bisexual though  :deadbanana:

elio literally sleeps around with girls and we know how he desires oliver but that it is not his first crush on a guy.

the end makes it verrryy clear that this is not just about desire though like.. who cries bc their summer fuck goes back home once summer's over.

i76mrxw.png 

aren't they bisexual though  :deadbanana:

elio literally sleeps around with girls and we know how he desires oliver but that it is not his first crush on a guy.

the end makes it verrryy clear that this is not just about desire though like.. who cries bc their summer fuck goes back home once summer's over.

The essence of the text above is that despite the book being explicitly about pure emotion above any form of classification gays picture it as an instant gay movie about lust because that's what we all do, chase after straights (I just recovered from straight girl crush so that comes from autopsy too lmao), even though it's obviously more about finding someone to be emotionally with and to share all the things you can't share with anyone else. DUH.

Currently reading the book so I might have gotten something wrong so far BUT if I only watched the movie I would've definitely kept on believing that this is Elio's first gay crush and he's with Marzia only to suppress his feelings towards Oliver & it obviously wasn't the case in the book, it was much more than that. And to continue the book talk I heard from the interview I linked above that the ending is completely different in the movie than it was in the book. I'll find out soon, but nonetheless in both cases it wasn't ABOUT DESIRE goddamnit they've had so much more, and as you said, who cries about a random dick. 

Currently reading the book so I might have gotten something wrong so far BUT if I only watched the movie I would've definitely kept on believing that this is Elio's first gay crush and he's with Marzia only to suppress his feelings towards Oliver & it obviously wasn't the case in the book, it was much more than that. And to continue the book talk I heard from the interview I linked above that the ending is completely different in the movie than it was in the book. I'll find out soon, but nonetheless in both cases it wasn't ABOUT DESIRE goddamnit they've had so much more, and as you said, who cries about a random dick. 

I mean the story is technically about desire. It's not the sole aspect of the story but it is a huge theme throughout the book. As for your statement about Marzia, I don't think he was using her to suppress his feelings towards Oliver. Another major theme in the book is Elio's coming of age. The book (and even bits of the movie) cover how Elio is in a period of his life where he is expected to act like an adult but is also often treated like a child, and there are often parts where Elio is expected to behave like a child and he feels that the must act in a more adult way. I don't think his relationship with Marzia is a story of suppression, but rather a story of the complexity of emotions. In the book Elio's inner monologue states that he does love Marzia but he also loves Oliver.