expandableclitoris

Call Me By Your Name

I woke up the morning after watching it, started the audiobook and now I'm halfway through, then translated the movie to Polish in 2 hours  and watched it again with my mom. Then downloaded a PDF while waiting for my physical copy. All in one day. I hate myself. 

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I woke up the morning after watching it, started the audiobook and now I'm halfway through, then translated the movie to Polish in 2 hours  and watched it again with my mom. Then downloaded a PDF while waiting for my physical copy. All in one day. I hate myself. 

I've still held out to watch the movie but there is something about the story that can be so overtaking. After I read the book it was all I could think about until I willed myself to stop lol! Do you like the audiobook? I've never really used them much. I always preferred paper in hand but I was curious how Armie does reading it back? I cannot wait to see the movie, well I am lol. I'm trying to wait to see it in theaters next week, almost there!

I've still held out to watch the movie but there is something about the story that can be so overtaking. After I read the book it was all I could think about until I willed myself to stop lol! Do you like the audiobook? I've never really used them much. I always preferred paper in hand but I was curious how Armie does reading it back? I cannot wait to see the movie, well I am lol. I'm trying to wait to see it in theaters next week, almost there!

He's doing an amazing job!

I prefer reading myself as well, but I wanted to experience the story yesterday by any means :toofunny:

Still haven’t watched it yet so idk how it compares to the book. I did see an interview with the director who said the original first edit was close to 4 hours long but of course that was too long and they had to edit it down more. So maybe some of those lost 2 hours pertain to their time in Rome. I’m sure they’ll eventually release a directors cut with some of the deleted scenes!

I wanna watch it so bad but am trying to hold out for the theater. If somebody wants to link me up though feel free! I may give in to my temptation lol!

Excited for the sequel if they stick with the original ending in the book. It’d be nice to see that time in between though.

I only just saw this. Omg. We need a director's cut!  :flutter:

He's doing an amazing job!

I prefer reading myself as well, but I wanted to experience the story yesterday by any means :toofunny:

i may listen to the audiobook too lol. I love Armie! True, lol books are always so much better. Your mind just travels and gets lost. I love it. Honestly the story/book was amazing. I’m going into the movie with lower expectations when compared to the book. I’ll probably end up reading it again after I see the movie! How’d your mom like the movie?

How’d your mom like the movie?

She's been extremely supportive of my involvement in LGBT since day one and when I came out to her openly telling her I have a girlfriend a year later she just screamed at me for not telling her sooner

I honestly love this woman so much I'm so lucky you have no idea

ANYWAY she loved the movie, she laughed at the right things and was sad when she was supposed to, once or twice she squealed so this bitch eventually started fangirling over them lmao

We both agree it deserves all the buzz, it was shot beautifully and it's so organic in terms of progressing the story and acting. Also it was a bit nostalgic to her, we stopped the movie several times so that she could share some tiny stories from her youth that it reminded her of.

She also cried like a bitch after the dad talk, my parents divorced in the past and it crushed her pretty bad, so the whole 'if you get rid of the bad, you also get rid of the good, so is it worth it after all?' idea really spoke to her.

I broke down and watched it before the theater lol! Awwww it really was a beautiful film. I loved the cast and just the whole way it was shot.

That said it felt a little rushed and choppy as far as build up and progression. When compared to the book there is so much more build up and anticipation that just wasn't present here.

I'm not discrediting the film by any means. The actors did an amazing job. It is a beautiful film but it really doesn't compare to the book!

I have a feeling a lot of the scenes that were edited out would make this film so much richer, hopefully one day we get an extended edition.

The characters are just so much more developed in the novel and it makes it that much deeper.

If you haven't read the book please do!

Also, I just have to say again how much I love Armie. In the book there are more insights into his character that the film didn't present and I have to say even with those cut out he did an amazing job portraying the feelings and vibe of Oliver. He was the standout to me out of the two. I may be just a little biased though lol.

I will say the film did rekindle those feelings I felt when reading the book, especially towards the end. I think I may read the book again. Down the rabbit hole we go!

Was listening to the second half of Honeymoon and it just reminded of Elio's arc throughout the whole movie. Ever one of those songs - Burnt Norton, Religion, Salvatore, The Blackest Day, 24, Swan Song and DLMBMU - actually felt like it could be written from Elio's perspective. 

So I've come to the same conclusion that Lana and Elio are the same character. I don't think it's a coincidence they both love ruining peaches  :creepna2:  :creepna2:  :creepna2: .

The movie deserves all the hype. Elio's scene with his father at the end honestly broke me. The worst part is waiting for the book to be delivered. :defeated:

dreaming away your life...

Was listening to the second half of Honeymoon and it just reminded of Elio's arc throughout the whole movie.

I listened to Honeymoon yesterday after weeks of not doing it and I may have subconsciously picked that one because of the romantic/dreamy aspect of it, the same one that CMBYN has awakened in me after months of being emotionally dry, I feel you :legend: