expandableclitoris

Call Me By Your Name

I wish the movie would have focused more on the time in Rome. It would have made for a better climax

Still haven’t watched it yet so idk how it compares to the book. I did see an interview with the director who said the original first edit was close to 4 hours long but of course that was too long and they had to edit it down more. So maybe some of those lost 2 hours pertain to their time in Rome. I’m sure they’ll eventually release a directors cut with some of the deleted scenes!

I wanna watch it so bad but am trying to hold out for the theater. If somebody wants to link me up though feel free! I may give in to my temptation lol!

Excited for the sequel if they stick with the original ending in the book. It’d be nice to see that time in between though.

Still haven’t watched it yet so idk how it compares to the book. I did see an interview with the director who said the original first edit was close to 4 hours long but of course that was too long and they had to edit it down more. So maybe some of those lost 2 hours pertain to their time in Rome. I’m sure they’ll eventually release a directors cut with some of the deleted scenes!

I wanna watch it so bad but am trying to hold out for the theater. If somebody wants to link me up though feel free! I may give in to my temptation lol!

Excited for the sequel if they stick with the originally ending in the book. It’d be nice to see that time in between though.

omg where did you saw this?

I really hope they release a director's cut version! 4 hours of pure fun

omg where did you saw this?

I really hope they release a director's cut version! 4 hours of pure fun

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ybvPdWLQs6I

Towards the end of the clip. Around the 6 minute mark he talks about editing. Says the first version they watched was close to 4 hrs and was a real temptation lol!

Armie Hammer: If you believe it or not I had my first sex scene in ‘Call Me By Your Name’!

Luca Guadagnino: Wait, you never did this before?

Armie Hammer: No! But you and the crew dealt with it like it would be nothing special, just another scene. And as soon as it is “Cut!” you look up and come out of the fog: there’s the boom operator, there’s the camera man and they just do their job. I wish I could fill this feeling in bottles, the feelings before and after the scene. I would need weeks to explain the difference. 

:biblio:

Apparently Luca Guadagnino is interested in making a sequel but he isn't sure Elio would be gay and he thinks he would develop a relationship with Marzia omg trash KEEP IT

right? as i've said before, a good plot fot the sequel would be him in college/searching for Oliver, some flashbacks and stuff, sex sex sex with guys and women, and ending with the 15/20 years prologue

heard Luca is interested in doing 4 sequels! skull.gif old hag took a sip from the fountain of pink money and now is addicted to it!

Apparently Luca Guadagnino is interested in making a sequel but he isn't sure Elio would be gay and he thinks he would develop a relationship with Marzia omg trash KEEP IT

heard Luca is interested in doing 4 sequels! skull.gif old hag took a sip from the fountain of pink money and now is addicted to it!

Wow that would completely destroy the story for me. I understand that at it's core CMBYN isn't an LGBTQ+ centered story but one centered around desire and coming of age that happens to focus on two male lovers, but the idea of 4 sequels seems to kind of destroy that. It would be nice to see a sequel that picks up where the last part of the story was (like 2015 or 2016) and maybe flashed back to some of their experiences in the meantime, but whole parts of the story without Elio and Oliver even being together sounds terrible and almost entirely counter to the original story.

Wow that would completely destroy the story for me. I understand that at it's core CMBYN isn't an LGBTQ+ centered story but one centered around desire and coming of age that happens to focus on two male lovers, but the idea of 4 sequels seems to kind of destroy that. It would be nice to see a sequel that picks up where the last part of the story was (like 2015 or 2016) and maybe flashed back to some of their experiences in the meantime, but whole parts of the story without Elio and Oliver even being together sounds terrible and almost entirely counter to the original story.

And i'm not even kidding 

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/28/luca-guadagnino-details-his-call-me-by-your-name-sequels

http://www.slashfilm.com/call-me-by-your-name-sequel/

Completely agreed. At its core it is about the enduring connection and love Elio and Oliver have for one another, even after they lead separate lives. The only sequel I’d want to see is the ending of the book/prologue. Then maybe they can fill in the time in between but I want it to stay true to the story. I wouldn’t want to see anything else besides that! Hell I’m nervous enough about watching this one movie and it not meeting my expectations due to the book lol! I’m sure I’ll love it but that book just has this special feeling it gives me lol.

Imagine being one of those gay people who can't let themselves enjoy this movie, I see so much of it on twitter

Just like I said in the SZA thread, people try to find reasons to dislike something once it becomes popular. Que trágico

That’s awesome! I’m really happy for Tim and the movie! I love all the acclaim and accolades it is receiving. All that said I know you guys love Tim but can can we take a moment to appreciate Armie a little bit! I’ve always thought he was so good looking and attractive, damnnn lol!