expandableclitoris

Call Me By Your Name

So Armie gave an interview at TIFF and told the interviewer he knows a lot about the sequel but he can't spill anything? (plus a lot of fun stuff about post cmbyn life)

I'm on my phone and the interview is not on YouTube but I've seen some gifsets if that helps anyone lol the full interview is def out there to find

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

this was one of the threads I lurked on before signing up on here.

I saw the movie when it come out at a local theater and I loved it so much... I can kinda see why people say the age gap is problematic but it's defo not pedophilia  :hooker: everybody develops themselves at different rates and age has little to do with it.

the movie itself is wonderful and it's what made me fall in love with Sufjan Stevens as well

I rly look forward to a sequel because I wanna see them explore the gay experience a lil bit more. CMBYN was more about growing up than coming to terms with the fact that you're gay, and even though I appreciated what they did I'd appreciate even more a movie that focuses on the latter. also more gay sex is welcomed 

this was one of the threads I lurked on before signing up on here.

I saw the movie when it come out at a local theater and I loved it so much... I can kinda see why people say the age gap is problematic but it's defo not pedophilia :hooker: everybody develops themselves at different rates and age has little to do with it.

the movie itself is wonderful and it's what made me fall in love with Sufjan Stevens as well

I rly look forward to a sequel because I wanna see them explore the gay experience a lil bit more. CMBYN was more about growing up than coming to terms with the fact that you're gay, and even though I appreciated what they did I'd appreciate even more a movie that focuses on the latter. also more gay sex is welcomed

I love how everybody introduces themselves when they post here like in an AA meeting

Hi there some of us are still in the cmbyn hell

Mostly me

Since Aciman is currently writing a sequel and Luca is starting to talk about filming it/it-ish, we need to bring this thread back to life :rollin:

I've been keeping up with the news this whole time but there was nothing quite worth posting up until now. There's a new interview with Luca that's entirely in Italian HERE & some more important things are (as gathered by timotheetea on tumblr):

- he’s reluctant calling it a ‘sequel’, says it’s more of an ‘episode’
- he says he felt melancholic watching cmbyn in sundance for the first time, because it was hard for him to let go of these characters and the people who worked on it
- he’s interested in the characters as people, not just elio, but also mafalda, oliver, marzia and the perlmans
- he says it’d be interesting to see how the things timothée will experience is the next 3, 5 years, would be incorporated into elio’s life
- this ‘episode’ might ‘pass through’ crema, but will mostly be set in paris
 - opening scene with elio crying ‘with light shining on his eyes’—he’s watching the last scene of 80s classic, once more by paul vecchiali. he says it’s perfectly ‘in character’ for elio to love vecchiali’s work.

Maybe good Italian sis @@Masochism can check and see if there's anything missing from this interview.

Welcome back in hell to some of you :diva: 

- this ‘episode’ might ‘pass through’ crema, but will mostly be set in paris

- opening scene with elio crying ‘with light shining on his eyes’—he’s watching the last scene of 80s classic, once more by paul vecchiali. he says it’s perfectly ‘in character’ for elio to love vecchiali’s work.

giphy.gif

i76mrxw.png 

it's so funny watching that interview cos Luca can't pronounce the s properly and since im a 4th grader i've been laughing all the way askdhkjdahjks

also im so here for it... like im so here for another 2 hours of gays being sad and not having a happy ending

it's so funny watching that interview cos Luca can't pronounce the s properly and since im a 4th grader i've been laughing all the way askdhkjdahjks

also im so here for it... like im so here for another 2 hours of gays being sad and not having a happy ending

God above knows another 2 hours of Elio being Elio is all I need really 

My Beautiful Boy hit Polish theatres last week so I'd seen it today and oh boy...................

The acting was TERRIFIC although the soundtrack was completely random at times and made the scenes less powerful but thats okay

First 30 minutes of the script were also kinda random with all these supercuts but then again it made sense after I'd seen the whole thing so that's okay too

Overall an amazing delivery. It was heavy as fuck but so so so good + as someone who's struggled with a drug addict in my life for a couple of years it was an amazing representation of what the problem really is about

My Beautiful Boy hit Polish theatres last week so I'd seen it today and oh boy...................

The acting was TERRIFIC although the soundtrack was completely random at times and made the scenes less powerful but thats okay

First 30 minutes of the script were also kinda random with all these supercuts but then again it made sense after I'd seen the whole thing so that's okay too

Overall an amazing delivery. It was heavy as fuck but so so so good + as someone who's struggled with a drug addict in my life for a couple of years it was an amazing representation of what the problem really is about

i did watch it today and wheeeeellppp

wtf steve carell was like the worst part of the whole thing (soundtrack gets honourable mention as the second worst thing).

timmy was so good ugh that one scene where they're having dinner and he's literally face acting thru 3 different emotions.

meanwhile steve can't even move his face nnn there were so many scenes where he was screaming and it was literally the same the office voice for every situation, the fact that even the children were better actors than him i-

i'm so glad all these award-members watched this whole thing and nominated timmy, the power that that has!

also not some people already saying how the performance wasn't that outstanding because it was "typical chalamet" like sdknfskj what kind of honour to have that said about how all of ur performances are basically great after 2 award relevant and one semi relevant film alone 

he's an ACTeure! 

DwgzbeLVAAE1F6U.jpg

Dwgzb2sVAAAhuvE.jpg

DwgzcNRU8AAkro1.jpg

DwgzciNVYAAqNaV.jpg

i76mrxw.png