expandableclitoris

Call Me By Your Name

The status of the “Call Me By Your Name” movie sequel may be in jeopardy, but author André Aciman is moving right along with the publication of the sequel novel this fall. Aciman and publisher Farrar, Straus and Giroux have announced an October release date for the “Call Me By Your Name” books sequel, now officially titled “Find Me.” The sequel’s synopsis has also been revealed, and it might come as a surprise to fans as it’s not entirely Elio and Oliver focused.

The “Find Me” synopsis from FSG reads: “In ‘Find Me,’ Aciman shows us Elio’s father Samuel, now divorced, on a trip from Florence to Rome to visit Elio, who has become a gifted classical pianist. A chance encounter on the train leads to a relationship that changes Sami’s life definitively. Elio soon moves to Paris where he too has a consequential affair, while Oliver, now a professor in northern New England with sons who are nearly grown, suddenly finds himself contemplating a return visit to Europe.”

The synopsis reveals Elio’s father becomes a major character in the sequel after being one of the original novel’s main supporting players. Michael Stuhlbarg played Samuel in Luca Guadagnino’s film adaptation. Main characters Elio and Oliver also appear not to be together for a portion of the sequel, with Elio (played by Timothée Chalamet in the film) having a new relationship and Oliver (Armie Hammer) conflicted with family life in America. Aciman is juggling three characters and three separate storylines in the sequel, and how they eventually fit together is the big question moving forward.

In a statement to Vulture, Aciman explained his reason for exploring the world of Elio and Oliver once more. “The world of ‘Call Me by Your Name’ never left me,” the author said. “Though I created the characters and was the author of their lives, what I never expected was that they’d end up teaching me things about intimacy and about love that I didn’t quite think I knew until I’d put them down on paper. The film made me realize that I wanted to be back with them and watch them over the years — which is why I wrote ‘Find Me.’”

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/call-me-by-your-name-book-sequel-find-me-plot-1202052562/

Release date is 29th October

i76mrxw.png 

but didn't elio's father die in the first book? am i tripping?

nn i just changed my post and quoted a better article

the book will take place between the last bits of cmbyn and some years after the main plotline i guess

i76mrxw.png 

nn i just changed my post and quoted a better article

the book will take place between the last bits of cmbyn and some years after the main plotline i guess

oh i see, well, i'm excited about this book. i hope it's good and doesn't murder the magic of the first book/movie.

What the fuck I’m pressed as shit they could’ve literally named the sequel And I’ll Call You By Mine... what kind of stupid ass uninspired ass boring ass title is Find Me?? Like bitch who do you need to find lemme tell you a better screenplay write

My dumbass self started laughing at a lecture I love you

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Armie Hammer Is Unsure About Doing A "Call Me By Your Name" Sequel Now

"I think we’re setting ourselves up for disappointment."

If “Timmy’s in, and Luca’s in, I’d be an asshole to say no,” Hammer said. “But at the same time, I’m like, That was such a special thing, why don’t we just leave that alone?

Armie Hammer Is Unsure About Doing A "Call Me By Your Name" Sequel Now

"I think we’re setting ourselves up for disappointment."

If “Timmy’s in, and Luca’s in, I’d be an asshole to say no,” Hammer said. “But at the same time, I’m like, That was such a special thing, why don’t we just leave that alone?

I agree....

Did you guys watched Suspiria?

I want to discuss about this movie cause it was so good and I watched it at the cinema today.

I could totally liken it to Call Me By Your Name, because this one is much about the celibacy and the female essence, while Call Me is much about male essence and being sexually loose. Also the family is a destructive figure in Suspiria while in CMBYN is kind of the opposite?

Also new details about Luca's new series:

Today, we have additional details on surrounding characters that will fill out the cast.

Danny (17): Black (mom may be African or Middle-Eastern or Asian; dad is American). American. Male. Danny is a skinny teenager struggling to feel connected with his family and friends on the Italian military base he’s lived on for the last four years. He is prone to bursts of anger, mostly directed toward his younger sister Caitlin, who their father and friends clearly favor. A tragic event with his best friend Craig pushes him to consider feelings of potentially dangerous behavior. (Strong Supporting).

Britney (14): Caucasian. American. Female. An attractive platinum blonde who is shamelessly flirty, vivacious and loves attention. She’s a social butterfly who knows how to start a party and she holds her friendships dear to her heart. She believes that “without friends you can’t do anything”. (Strong Supporting).

Sam (16): Black or Latinx. American. Male. Handsome and fit, he has been living at the base with his military father and his older brother Craig for many years. He wears his heart on his sleeve and is madly in love with his girlfriend Caitlin, even long after they break up. Sam struggles emotionally with continuing a friendship with Caitlin and attempts to find her replacement in Britney. Some implied sexual situations but not nudity. (Strong Supporting).

Craig (20): Black or Latinx. American. Male. A paratrooper living at the base with his military father and younger brother Sam. He’s very powerful, statuesque, fit, and a mountain of muscles under a kind, relaxed face. He is usually the biggest one in a crowd but with a very humble and kind disposition. He’s not competitive and would allow his friends to beat him in a race to boost their confidence; he would especially do this for his best friend Danny. He is dating an Italian local named Valentina who hangs out with him and his cluster of Army friends. (Strong Supporting).

We Are Who We Are is expected to start filming in late May, with production set to run through October. Its release date has not yet been announced.

Did you guys watched Suspiria?

I want to discuss about this movie cause it was so good and I watched it at the cinema today.

I could totally liken it to Call Me By Your Name, because this one is much about the celibacy and the female essence, while Call Me is much about male essence and being sexually loose. Also the family is a destructive figure in Suspiria while in CMBYN is kind of the opposite?

okay so... 

i have so many thoughts on so many things but i'm literally super busy atm and always forget about it when i have sum time and then get war flashbacks once i am stressed out already bc i have six other things lined up to do already.

anyway...

Suspiria was great! Luca did thAT!!!! 

some guys i don't know made a pretty good video about it on youtube, it's definitely worth checking out

i76mrxw.png 

sooo.. we‘re getting fed today

find-me_cover.jpg

ok im EXCITED  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  i'm so scared

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

ok so i just finished reading the book and im confused as to how Find Me will fit time line wise ????

like the book is about the father getting divorced and visiting his son whos a piano prodigy in Paris and oliver is a professor in London but in CMBYN the father is dead, Elio is still in the US, and Olver is a professor in the US. also Elio and Oliver hadnt spoken in 15 years so how does that work???

will read the book but i dont think it will measure up to CMBYN

Followed this artist last year and she still posts frequent CMBYN watercolor paintings and I realized I never shared so here it is! It's an account strictly for her CMBYN stuff and I'm grateful so I'll just leave it here. Worth checking out

https://instagram.com/mythsroller?igshid=19k3cim378u65

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif