Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center - January 21st, 2018

She sang old money!! Best show ever

Do you remember where in the setlist she sang Old Money? x

Fan picture - 

39829944841_54a5845794_o.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just got home from the concert. Will be posting my full thoughts in the morning.. FUCK ME of was so amazing... My apologies for cutting for those that were waiting.. My yes Queens were probably annoying lol

Do you remember where in the setlist she sang Old Money? x

I wanna say before Cruel World? It was just a snippet

Something that caught my eye.. Lana using civil rights movement footage during change. Don't know if she did at other concerts, it had king protest, some job pickets. Vietnam/ww2 bombings were also used

Kali had came out in a bath robe and glasses just before the show

Lana said she stole bible/gun

Also noted eagles game

And when Mr. President came on she said "for JFK"

This concert turned me liberals guys

It was....

Cruel World

Ultraviolence

Old Money (acapella then the band came in for a little) snippet

Summertime Sadness

Off To The Races

She said, to the crowd, "should we do Ultraviolence or Cruel World?" and the latter won apparently. She made a face when everyone screamed "Cruel World!!!!" so I'm guessing she really was hoping for UV and that's why she played it anyway! Then people in the front asked for Old Money and she said she didn't know the opening melody and talked to Byron and he helped her and she sang it beautifully!

Also, I have the full GBA acapella video on my phone. I think I can send it through twitter so shoot me a DM at @zaccolao

<3

Concert was great. I'll type up something about it tomorrow!

(First post!!)

Lana was AMAZING!

I'm uploading my videos but they take FOREVER... here's Ride and God Bless America.

Also, she sang GBA between National Anthem and When the World Was at War. Old Money was between Summertime Sadness and Off to the Races.

She met some fans after the show -

http://instagram.com/p/BePh2UsnaBZ/

“Oh my god I’m gonna get this tattooed!” “No, you’re not.”

https://twitter.com/caragoston/status/955334383791206400

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Okay so here’s my full write-up of the LA To The Moon Tour Philadelphia show! I am still hopped up on some adrenaline so ignore any grammatical errors or parts that don't make sense lol...

So instead of queueing, I ended up getting there 45 minutes before she got on, so around 9. I’m really happy I made this decision. Pro-tip: if you’re not going to queue/camp out 8-12 hours before, you might as well just show up to the show when the doors open or after, like I did. I still had an amazing view and I came in when Kali was on her last 3 songs…. 

Speaking of Kali Uchis… she was amazing! I listened to her on the car ride home because she was so good live! Anyway, when Lana came on, I realized that 13 Beaches is actually a terrible opener for the show. It was cool to hear it live but everyone just screams when the strings/spoken part starts so you literally can’t hear it and there’s no point. Since you can’t hear the intro to 13 Beaches, it just sounds like Lana started the show with some mid-tempo sad bop and it’s very underwhelming.

BUT, the next three songs absolutely made up for it. PWYC, Cherry (with outro cover) and Yayo sound BEAUTIFUL next to each other in the setlist and you can tell she likes performing them. Some of the vocals in Cherry were very good, her cover/outro was amazing and Yayo was perfectly performed. 

Blue Jeans, WM and BTD were also really good live though I am now convinced she should stop performing Blue Jeans, and just save it for festivals, because it was kind of boring. During BTD, she spoke the bridge part when the instrumentation is stripped back and it’s just her voice singing “come and take a walk on the wild side….” but instead she spoke it, instead of singing it, and said “so I was like ‘come and take a walk on the wild side, lemme kiss you hard in the pouring rain, you like your girls insane’” and then went on to sing “don’t chaaaa” a few times (beautifully, may I add). Born To Die was surprisingly a lot of fun to hear live this time, even though I’ve heard it live 4 times before.

Honeymoon was very interesting live (I loved it) but the people around me (more casual fans, but fans nonetheless) thought it was boring and “sad” (they were kind of annoying). No one really did anything during that song but I think Lana loves performing it lol! She had a little monologue before it, where she explained that as soon as she finished HM, she kept a “master copy” on the seat of her car everyday and would always listen to it before the release. 

National Anthem live was……… not that great, but the more casual fans loved it, so…. also I think she should ditch the intro “Happy Birthday Mr. President” video because at every show she has to (very) awkwardly explain that the video was about JFK not Trump. I just felt bad that she had to even explain it. World At War was kind of bad live but the visuals in the back were PHENOMENAL. She used a lot of women’s rights/civil rights protest videography and it was so well done and gorgeous. Also, I noticed she has been getting better at performing Lust For Life so that was exciting! 

Her God Bless America snippet was INCREDIBLE. I’m so happy I got to hear it. She spoke at length about the second annual Women’s March and how much it meant to her. Everyone loved it!

Next, was the medley. The medley was good but I NEED her to add either Y&B or Black Beauty to the setlist in full because she sang them very well and I loved it! She also revealed that the day she wrote Coachella was the day she was inspired to write Change, so she called Nick Nowels (at the same location and on the same day of the Coachella Instagram video) and told him about her ideas. 

As you can probably tell, she was pretty chatty during the show!

Then she went on to do Ride, VG and Love (which wasn’t that great live, I prefer the acapella version when everyone sings along!). They were all good, just kind of boring I guess. 

Her last four songs were amazing, though. She let the audience decide between Cruel World and Ultraviolence. The audience chose CW (and she winced when we did) so she sang it, but then sang UV anyway (I think she really loves performing this one). During CW, she sang “and so I stole your bible, and I stole your gun” which is officially my new favorite Lana lyric. Then she did an Old Money acapella and then SS and OTTR, which per usual, was terrible but the gays went crazy anyway.

Overall, I really prefer the Endless Summer setlist (with Chelsea Hotel, Brooklyn Baby, Shades and WC) and tour (I saw it twice) but this show was still amazing! I fell in love with her all over again tonight. She’s so special<3 

Here's a few more:

"What's up, Philly? I heard your team won tonight!"

The loud bangs in the background were people celebrating the Philadelphia Eagles winning the NFC Championship (and thus a spot in the Superbowl); the game took place literally across the street from the Wells Fargo Center.

"diamonds and fake friends in Bel Air"

Here's a few more:

"What's up, Philly? I heard your team won tonight!"

The loud bangs in the background were people celebrating the Philadelphia Eagles winning the NFC Championship (and thus a spot in the Superbowl); the game took place literally across the street from the Wells Fargo Center.

"diamonds and fake friends in Bel Air"

Just going through your videos, they are really good quality and the crowd was bearable with the screaming last night.

Thanks for uploadin these! :heart:

Okay so here’s my full write-up of the LA To The Moon Tour Philadelphia show! I am still hopped up on some adrenaline so ignore any grammatical errors or parts that don't make sense lol...

So instead of queueing, I ended up getting there 45 minutes before she got on, so around 9. I’m really happy I made this decision. Pro-tip: if you’re not going to queue/camp out 8-12 hours before, you might as well just show up to the show when the doors open or after, like I did. I still had an amazing view and I came in when Kali was on her last 3 songs…. 

Speaking of Kali Uchis… she was amazing! I listened to her on the car ride home because she was so good live! Anyway, when Lana came on, I realized that 13 Beaches is actually a terrible opener for the show. It was cool to hear it live but everyone just screams when the strings/spoken part starts so you literally can’t hear it and there’s no point. Since you can’t hear the intro to 13 Beaches, it just sounds like Lana started the show with some mid-tempo sad bop and it’s very underwhelming.

BUT, the next three songs absolutely made up for it. PWYC, Cherry (with outro cover) and Yayo sound BEAUTIFUL next to each other in the setlist and you can tell she likes performing them. Some of the vocals in Cherry were very good, her cover/outro was amazing and Yayo was perfectly performed. 

Blue Jeans, WM and BTD were also really good live though I am now convinced she should stop performing Blue Jeans, and just save it for festivals, because it was kind of boring. During BTD, she spoke the bridge part when the instrumentation is stripped back and it’s just her voice singing “come and take a walk on the wild side….” but instead she spoke it, instead of singing it, and said “so I was like ‘come and take a walk on the wild side, lemme kiss you hard in the pouring rain, you like your girls insane’” and then went on to sing “don’t chaaaa” a few times (beautifully, may I add). Born To Die was surprisingly a lot of fun to hear live this time, even though I’ve heard it live 4 times before.

Honeymoon was very interesting live (I loved it) but the people around me (more casual fans, but fans nonetheless) thought it was boring and “sad” (they were kind of annoying). No one really did anything during that song but I think Lana loves performing it lol! She had a little monologue before it, where she explained that as soon as she finished HM, she kept a “master copy” on the seat of her car everyday and would always listen to it before the release. 

National Anthem live was……… not that great, but the more casual fans loved it, so…. also I think she should ditch the intro “Happy Birthday Mr. President” video because at every show she has to (very) awkwardly explain that the video was about JFK not Trump. I just felt bad that she had to even explain it. World At War was kind of bad live but the visuals in the back were PHENOMENAL. She used a lot of women’s rights/civil rights protest videography and it was so well done and gorgeous. Also, I noticed she has been getting better at performing Lust For Life so that was exciting! 

Her God Bless America snippet was INCREDIBLE. I’m so happy I got to hear it. She spoke at length about the second annual Women’s March and how much it meant to her. Everyone loved it!

Next, was the medley. The medley was good but I NEED her to add either Y&B or Black Beauty to the setlist in full because she sang them very well and I loved it! She also revealed that the day she wrote Coachella was the day she was inspired to write Change, so she called Nick Nowels (at the same location and on the same day of the Coachella Instagram video) and told him about her ideas. 

As you can probably tell, she was pretty chatty during the show!

Then she went on to do Ride, VG and Love (which wasn’t that great live, I prefer the acapella version when everyone sings along!). They were all good, just kind of boring I guess. 

Her last four songs were amazing, though. She let the audience decide between Cruel World and Ultraviolence. The audience chose CW (and she winced when we did) so she sang it, but then sang UV anyway (I think she really loves performing this one). During CW, she sang “and so I stole your bible, and I stole your gun” which is officially my new favorite Lana lyric. Then she did an Old Money acapella and then SS and OTTR, which per usual, was terrible but the gays went crazy anyway.

Overall, I really prefer the Endless Summer setlist (with Chelsea Hotel, Brooklyn Baby, Shades and WC) and tour (I saw it twice) but this show was still amazing! I fell in love with her all over again tonight. She’s so special<3 

Very interesting and nice to read! Thank you! :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Did anyone else catch her statement on some sort of 5-track thing 4 months after LFL?

Yeah I thought she said that too then I realized that she was just talking about how she made Cherry, Change, Coachella, WM and SB (?) after the record was already completed. I got excited at first before I realized that she was just talking about these songs