Say Yes to Heaven

Timeline of Lust for Life Songs

Thanks for the revisions! I'll update the OP :)

With the BAR video, though, I honestly thought it was filmed during that time because her fillers and overgrown bangs (lmao) matched the way they looked in Oct/Nov 2016 candids and the Corona Capital Show on Nov 20, 2016. Also, she filmed Love in 2016, and if BAR was the supposed title track, it would be plausible to have it filmed in late 2016 if she thought she finished the record with TNC in Jan 2017, but we don't know for sure, so I'll include that too. 

I know BPBP was registered since 2015 (and I feel like I've read on here that Lana and Justin Parker worked on it in 2012 but I'm not sure if that's accurate?) but I was more thinking that the way we hear it now, with Stevie's voice, but I'll include that too. 

With World at War, I totally agree, and  I feel like the whole theme is based in a world where Trump is a leader, so that's after the election, but it could've been a song that's potentially about the fear people had of Trump's reign, so it definitely could've been before too. 

Great ideas! Glad to see your input! :)

np! :kiss: I'll def go through and fact check some of my responses but im 95% confident in them all, and nice note about the hair; didn't really think about that ngl. I know Love was filmed ~summer of 2016 and that it was always meant to be the opener, and i think everybody only thought BAR was the 'title' track due it being the only new song leak we've had since BB with UV (?). I'm also mostly going off the dates bc the videos iirc were posted to her instagram story? And i'm personally not well versed if we were able to pull videos from camera roll upon it's introduction 

Overall thanks for putting this together! It's so interesting seeing how an album comes together and seeing all of the 'mini eras' the record went through to get where it is now. Kinda wish we had ones for BtD, PD, UV, and HM- even though 3/4 of that would prob be condensed to 1 year with so much missing info :defeated: I hope she does a lot more interviews and tells us whats goin on bts from now on- it's a sweet change of pace

np! :kiss: I'll def go through and fact check some of my responses but im 95% confident in them all, and nice note about the hair; didn't really think about that ngl. I know Love was filmed ~summer of 2016 and that it was always meant to be the opener, and i think everybody only thought BAR was the 'title' track due it being the only new song leak we've had since BB with UV (?). I'm also mostly going off the dates bc the videos iirc were posted to her instagram story? And i'm personally not well versed if we were able to pull videos from camera roll upon it's introduction 

Overall thanks for putting this together! It's so interesting seeing how an album comes together and seeing all of the 'mini eras' the record went through to get where it is now. Kinda wish we had ones for BtD, PD, UV, and HM- even though 3/4 of that would prob be condensed to 1 year with so much missing info :defeated: I hope she does a lot more interviews and tells us whats goin on bts from now on- it's a sweet change of pace

Thank you! I feel the same way! And that's such a perfect way of describing it, "mini eras" the record went through to get where it is now...I love that! 

I totally wish the same for the other records! Although, I feel like with HM, I lowkey have guesses for some songs (like the 2014 songs were her "jazzy" "noirish" songs and then January  - April 2015, since HBTB was the last song recorded, and the video was filmed on April 16th 2015, were maybe the trap influenced songs?) but they'd be pretty open-ended, so it really would be 1 year with missing info! 

And I would really love some more BTS stuff, she was posting the writing sessions for 2 days and then she stopped  :tsk:  but hopefully we'll see more! 

At one moment Lana referred to BAR lyrics as “lyrics from the title track”. That was more than a year ago.

Where did she talk about the song Malibu?

She mentioned the title of "Malibu" to a fan at the San Diego show on July 31, 2017!

At one moment Lana referred to BAR lyrics as “lyrics from the title track”. That was more than a year ago.

When did she say this? I'm not trying to come off as challenging or rude, btw, I'm genuinely asking :) 

She mentioned the title of "Malibu" to a fan at the San Diego show on July 31, 2017!

When did she say this? I'm not trying to come off as challenging or rude, btw, I'm genuinely asking :)

I was at this show but I don’t remember that haha. Did she say it to someone outside after the show?

white mustang is so about gerald

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I was at this show but I don’t remember that haha. Did she say it to someone outside after the show?

If I remember correctly, she told someone in the front row when she went down into the audience to sign things/take pictures. They asked what the original title of Get Free was!  She didn't say it to the whole audience, though, so that's probably why you don't remember her saying that :)

Who is Gerald?

:runs:

pretty sure Gerald refers to G-Eazy, the rapper Lana dated at some point (maybe someone else knows when? i couldn't ever keep up with *when* they dated), whose real name is Gerald (and who In My Feelings and White Mustang are ostensibly written about)

o4qjp4j.png