TrashMagiq

Kacey Musgraves

24 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

Just got back from the record release show in Nashville where she played the whole thing start to finish- god I fucking! Love! This! Woman!!!

Omg???? Iconic!!!! Literally driving home with my vinyl from Target rn love that experience for you :kiss:

6 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Omg???? Iconic!!!! Literally driving home with my vinyl from Target rn love that experience for you :kiss:

thank u, enjoy yr vinyl!! I am meeting her tomorrow (she’s signing records in Nashville) this weekend is Kacey dooooown :worship:

aOaIzH2.gif

3 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

thank u, enjoy yr vinyl!! I am meeting her tomorrow (she’s signing records in Nashville) this weekend is Kacey dooooown :worship:

Biiiiiiiitchh! I can’t wait for stories, videos, pics, etc I’m so excited for you :wub: 

Edit: I spent a chunk of the day working and listening to her interviews and stuff from this week she seems like such a genuinely nice and authentic person I’m looking forward to hearing about your experience meeting her!

5 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Biiiiiiiitchh! I can’t wait for stories, videos, pics, etc I’m so excited for you :wub: 

Edit: I spent a chunk of the day working and listening to her interviews and stuff from this week she seems like such a genuinely nice and authentic person I’m looking forward to hearing about your experience meeting her!

aw thank u yr so sweet! she was incredibly charming on stage tonight– started crying during "too good to be true" and had the audience sing the first part, took of her heels and joked about her wikifeet score, just generally a lovely presence :wub:

aOaIzH2.gif

what a fantastic album!! i needed to sit with it for a lil bit, but after listening to it non-stop, i think it's absolutely gorgeous. it reminds me of Sufjan Steven's "Javelin", I love the springtimey and forestey vibes. In a way, it also reminds me of Solar Power (i love SP)- in a way that it really encapsulates a season and it's best experienced in nature. It  really inspires me to be more in touch with the natural world. My favorite tracks are: Cardinal, Deeper Well, Too Good To Be True, Dinner With Friends, The Architect, Heart Of The Woods, and Lonely Millionaire. I love the other songs too but these really hit! Can't wait to get the album on vinyl. 

i only heard the album last night and i found it deeply sincere and comfort listening
we all know that Kacey can do more strong records if she wants to, but that's the point: she wants to make something chill and soft
unfortunately, there's some songs that feels so short :( but i'm gonna get used to it

it's not strong on first listening like GH and SC, but it's def gonna be a grower
she's just a really sweet and very talented artist

obsessed with the three track run of dinner with friends/heart of the woods/jade green :wub: those are my favs rn, along with cardinal, anime eyes, and lonely millionaire. least favs are moving out, sway, and nothing to be scared of, but i still enjoy listening to them. really the PERFECT gentle spring album.

aOaIzH2.gif

On 3/15/2024 at 1:49 AM, pin up galore said:

anime eyes is so random but after cherry blossom I guess she's just a Japan girlie? like does she spend a lot of time there or something 

she's a huge fan of Miyazaki and goes to Japan very often too (i suspected it right after she released Space Cowboy, i mean, lol)
there's a really cute interview where she talks about her relationship with Studio Ghibli movies, Miyazaki and Japan itself

https://vmagazine.com/article/kacey-musgraves-on-her-hayao-miyazaki-super-fandom/

This is my first time listening to a full album of hers top to bottom (I've only listened to her singles and popular album tracks) and it such a cohesive record! It feels more reflective/cohesive than her previous releases, which reminded me of NFR/Chemtrails in that way! Kind of hoping Lana's country album is more in this vein tbh. With that being said, it felt like dragged in the middle and maybe could've been a 12 track album, and I wish she leaned into the witchy/psychedelic quirkiness in tracks like Cardinal, Dinner With Friends, Lonely Millionaire, and Anime Eyes more often.