partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

I was reading some of the old threads from 2017 and found this (a transcription from Summer Bummer/Groupie Love premiere radio interview):

On 7/12/2017 at 7:58 PM, Elle said:

"I've done SO much with Miles Kane. Me & some guys from the Last Shadow Puppets were working on a side project & had our own band and stuff from December to March. But after listening to all of the songs, I felt they were more for Miles. I hope they keep the tracks, we did so many of them."

So TLSP collaboration sessions lasted from December 2016 - March 2017, that's interesting :oic3: I wonder how did the sessions overlap with LFL sessions. And sometimes I wonder, how much of their work supposed to be LFL because the registration date of California is kinda suspicious, it was registred in 2017 with other LFL tracks...

And I really hope that they kept the tracks because I remember Miles said that there are enough songs for one album.

url%5D

So lana had the tracklisting for btd ready by sometime on sept 2011 - think this strengthen my theory that driving in cars (and maybe u can be the boss) were leaked by lana herself… why? I think Because she knew her label won’t let her use those songs so that leave the songs with no purpose… so might well just let the fans hear it (bc it wont be on the album anyways so it’s fine if they want to hear these leaked songs)

4 hours ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

So lana had the tracklisting for btd ready by sometime on sept 2011 - think this strengthen my theory that driving in cars (and maybe u can be the boss) were leaked by lana herself… why? I think Because she knew her label won’t let her use those songs so that leave the songs with no purpose… so might well just let the fans hear it (bc it wont be on the album anyways so it’s fine if they want to hear these leaked songs)

She had already uploaded You Can Be the Boss to MySpace before, maybe someone ripped an mp3 of it

if electronic upbeat version of SYTH and LFL was recorded there's a high possibility that there are more recorded tracks like that right?

3 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

if electronic upbeat version of SYTH and LFL was recorded there's a high possibility that there are more recorded tracks like that right?

I might remember it wrong but the electropop version of SYTH ft. Fred Again was meant for Hugo Boss perfume commercial. Maybe the Honeymoon version was for Hugo Boss.

But during LFL recording era she probably experimented every genre possible so yeah, there probably are tracks like these.

url%5D

16 hours ago, Embach said:

I might remember it wrong but the electropop version of SYTH ft. Fred Again was meant for Hugo Boss perfume commercial. Maybe the Honeymoon version was for Hugo Boss.

But during LFL recording era she probably experimented every genre possible so yeah, there probably are tracks like these.

There are 2 made during  Ultraviolence era:

Rick Nowels Version

James Ford Version

There’s 3 versions of SYTH made during Honeymoon era:

STINT version

KOZ version (for Hugo boss)

Tom Neville version (for Hugo Boss)

There’s one version made during LFL era:

Fred Again Version 

On the Lana del rey Wiki it explains the song’s background pretty accurately 

4 minutes ago, Bereaved By You said:

There are 2 made during  Ultraviolence era: