Sex

Ava Max

3 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

I thought Emotions was going to be from the new record, not the first one?

Nope, Emotions was scrapped from the H&H reissue because ABBA didn't approve the usage of their sample in Ava's song :( 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Nope, Emotions was scrapped from the H&H reissue because ABBA didn't approve the usage of their sample in Ava's song :( 

that's very common by the way - i can only think of 3-4 times when ABBA did approve use of samples/interpolations

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 hours ago, the ocean said:

that's very common by the way - i can only think of 3-4 times when ABBA did approve use of samples/interpolations

yup, Madonna was lucky they let her use the Gimme Gimme Gimme sample in Hung Up 

On 2/23/2023 at 10:12 PM, Glitter Boy said:

yup, Madonna was lucky they let her use the Gimme Gimme Gimme sample in Hung Up 

She did say they even refused at first until she played it to them and insisted… I mean not letting her release that iconic song would have been a travesty! 

I’m okay with Ava not releasing more samples honestly :bebe: it’s getting reeeeally tired these last years! The only one of her samples I enjoy is probably MH&MH (the adlibs in the last chorus really save the song) 

Just now, Anonymcomenter said:

She did say they even refused at first until she played it to them and insisted… I mean not letting her release that iconic song would have been a travesty! 

I’m okay with Ava not releasing more samples honestly :bebe: it’s getting reeeeally tired these last years! The only one of her samples I enjoy is probably MH&MH (the adlibs in the last chorus really save the song) 

Besides Not Your Barbie Girl and Get Outta My Heart, I actually don't mind Ava using samples lmao but yeah, for the sake of innovating that should be left in the past by now. I'm really intrigued by whatever the deluxe version of D&D will include - hopefully no more samples.

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

Besides Not Your Barbie Girl and Get Outta My Heart, I actually don't mind Ava using samples lmao but yeah, for the sake of innovating that should be left in the past by now. I'm really intrigued by whatever the deluxe version of D&D will include - hopefully no more samples.

Yeah, it’s also the way u sample songs… if it’s too in the nose… ew

I don’t mind a subtle melody here and there but artists these days are getting really comfortable and lazy… they just release the same exact instrumental and change some lyrics, that’s all 

1 minute ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Yeah, it’s also the way u sample songs… if it’s too in the nose… ew

I don’t mind a subtle melody here and there but artists these days are getting really comfortable and lazy… they just release the same exact instrumental and change some lyrics, that’s all 

yup that's probably why ABBA didn't approve their sample in Emotions. with Madonna, well she used the instrumental melody but it was a completely different song. Ava basically redid Lay All Your Love on Me with new lyrics, but the melody and even the production is very similar. if it was a, er, more clever usage of the sample (instead of a copy-paste) maybe they would've approved the track? idk

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

yup that's probably why ABBA didn't approve their sample in Emotions. with Madonna, well she used the instrumental melody but it was a completely different song. Ava basically redid Lay All Your Love on Me with new lyrics, but the melody and even the production is very similar. if it was a, er, more clever usage of the sample (instead of a copy-paste) maybe they would've approved the track? idk

I don’t know… not to be shady towards Ava or anything but… she’s still developing and getting bigger! When Madonna asked for the sample to be used, she already had 20 years of career behind and a big name for herself… I mean it’s Madonna! So it makes sense that for the few people they would let have it it would be her… 

Also the song was going to be a huge success (and was) so they would be stupid to let that slide and don’t get all that coin :fabcat:

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I feel like her music is just awful but i also enjoy it 

There's nothing wrong with enjoying some fun bops :sass: imo her music is not awful but

People just love to be pretentious with music, which makes no sense to me. But to each their own. Ava has KILLER vocals, i love her ad libs throughout the album. Diamonds & Dancefloors is easily once of the best dance/pop albums i have heard in a while!! And I don’t listen to much radio or whatever else is popular these days, so the samples don’t really bother me. Seems like a pretty baseless thing to complain about IMO. If the samples were approved by the original artists, who cares? 

14417469274.gif

35 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

People just love to be pretentious with music, which makes no sense to me. But to each their own. Ava has KILLER vocals, i love her ad libs throughout the album. Diamonds & Dancefloors is easily once of the best dance/pop albums i have heard in a while!! And I don’t listen to much radio or whatever else is popular these days, so the samples don’t really bother me. Seems like a pretty baseless thing to complain about IMO. If the samples were approved by the original artists, who cares? 

yup yup, I think it goes around the lines of calling her 'uninspired' (I've seen that a LOT in other forums) but like if you check around, like more than half of the 'mainstream' artists out there are TRULY uninspired just throwing a very soulless beat into a mixer along with very mediocre vocal delivery and call it a day. Probs Ava's strongest feat is her vocals and that's why I like her so much.

And yes, Diamonds & Dancefloors is a perfect dance pop album :beyonce::kris: 

1 hour ago, cj1995 said:

Same here!! I wonder why they cancelled the deluxe

Yeah me too, I think My Head & My Heart was doing well enough to propel the deluxe. Maybe the non-cleared ABBA sample used in Emotions would've had something to do with it. though iirc 3 or 4 more songs were registered for the deluxe, and probably Wild Thing would've made it too.