Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

exactly! The bitch gave us 2 videos, 3 musics, 2 "country" songs, 1  live version of a song that's going to be on the album, a lot of snippets, etc...

this is why i don't understand why people talk/act as if the era hasn't started yet.  we've gotten so much already.

giphy.gif

this is why i don't understand why people talk/act as if the era hasn't started yet.  we've gotten so much already.

I'm just waiting for a bunch of twinks acting like "oh this album is not what I was expecting! LANA HOW DARE YOU TO MAKE THE MUSIC THAT YOU WANT AND NOT THE MUSIC THAT I WANT?"

I'm just waiting for a bunch of twinks acting like "oh this album is not what I was expecting! LANA HOW DARE YOU TO MAKE THE MUSIC THAT YOU WANT AND NOT THE MUSIC THAT I WANT?"

They have been doing that since Ultraviolence, which is sad. It still baffles me that the majority of the fanbase wants her to go back to the BTD style (both sonically and visually) and think thats her best album.

(actually no shade to people who think BTD is her best album i have nothing against that but the way some people stan Lana ONLY because of that album and trashes everything she releases and use BTD as some kind of parameter really iircs me)

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Another day, another fight where the gays are arguing for nothing, lana sis i know ur lurking pls help our poor souls

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

They have been doing that since Ultraviolence, which is sad. It still baffles me that the majority of the fanbase wants her to go back to the BTD style (both sonically and visually) and think thats her best album.

(actually no shade to people who think BTD is her best album i have nothing against that but the way some people stan Lana ONLY because of that album and trashes everything she releases and use BTD as some kind of parameter really iircs me)

I just want her to seem excited and actually like sit down and think about an era. Not throw a bunch of shit together and the gays eat it up like rain in the Sahara dessert. Those videos were garbage, you can "oh but if um erh she oop um" all you want

next-gif-4.gif

The videos: trash. The excitement and overall passion over HER OWN WORK: trash. The only thing going for this era is the music, also don't forget Hope was shat out in one session as she said, and the production/mixing ain't shit, so if this is what the music on the album is going to sound like, what has she been doing for 6 months? Why tease it if you don't care. It's just such a messy era. She honestly should just never make a music video again, don't tease songs, no more album covers, just focus on the music if it's T H A T hard for you to show a little excitement or put passion into your work. But of course, there's gays that will fight me, the same gays that would stan Lana farting over wii music and eat that shit tf up, but I'm sorry, compared to what she has given us, the level of art she's shown us, this era really isn't shit. We've seen better. Am I excited for the new album? Yes. Does this era live up to any era that Lana has had before? No, no where close sis. 

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I just want her to seem excited and actually like sit down and think about an era. Not throw a bunch of shit together and the gays eat it up like rain in the Sahara dessert. Those videos were garbage, you can "oh but if um erh she oop um" all you want

next-gif-4.gif

The videos: trash. The excitement and overall passion over HER OWN WORK: trash. The only thing going for this era is the music, also don't forget Hope was shat out in one session as she said, and the production/mixing ain't shit, so if this is what the music on the album is going to sound like, what has she been doing for 6 months? Why tease it if you don't care. It's just such a messy era. She honestly should just never make a music video again, don't tease songs, no more album covers, just focus on the music if it's T H A T hard for you to show a little excitement or put passion into your work. But of course, there's gays that will fight me, the same gays that would stan Lana farting over wii music and eat that shit tf up, but I'm sorry, compared to what she has given us, the level of art she's shown us, this era really isn't shit. We've seen better. Am I excited for the new album? Yes. Does this era live up to any era that Lana has had before? No, no where close sis. 

girl im sure i agree with this but aint nobody reading that

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

image the LFL or NFR era with bangs...

were these suppose to look good???

kNgjuoX.jpg2h0nUa7.jpg

I just find it hilarious because they bitch constantly about how much they hate every new era (or how it doesn't go on par with BTD), and yet are always impatiently waiting for her next anything.  :pft:

next-gif-4.gif

honey I do love you. Don't make me disagree with you

honey I do love you. Don't make me disagree with you

It's just my opinion, great thing is everyone has one, and it adds to the flavor that is life. Imagine a whole meal with one spice? DISGUSTING!  :flutter:  Still love you though

@Perodixe sis you really went in i-

Rk8bxEV.gif

The music: Amazing

Everything else: Mess

I just wish Lana could live stream, tell us she doesn't give a fuck about the visuals and promo and such anymore, that she was never making another album cover/music video/ or doing an interview. At least then I wouldn't expect that much, because thus far, she's shown the colors of the rainbow she is able to paint with, so of course I expect more. She's given us such good shit, this era is pretty much a left turn off the cliff. Like I said, love love love the music, but everything else? No ma'am. No fucking ma'am :what:

I get what people say when they go with "but she served two videos this era she ain't lazy!" and I get what Perodixe says too like... did she serve us videos? Yes, she did. Are they any good or exciting? Well, thats debatable. 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

It's just my opinion, great thing is everyone has one, and it adds to the flavor that is life. Imagine a whole meal with one spice? DISGUSTING!  :flutter:  Still love you though

lol you're right! I get what you're saying. But can I be honest? I don't think that she's lazy or don't care about her art, I think that Lana is trying to find her way again, does it makes sense? I mean, she knows what she's doing, but I think that she's probably figuring how to do what she wants. The final product is amazing (I mean, her new songs are good and even the critics are agreeing with that), it's just how she's working with it, you know? Lana is bad with marketing and promotion, but she's giving us great art. I think that she's aiming for something more raw, more real, you know? The music videos may not be like from the BTD/UV era, but they're more "real" somehow. That's what I think, they're different from the past, but that doesn't make them worse, they come from different places, ideas and aesthetics. Obviously that's my opinion, but I do like to see what she's doing now

lol you're right! I get what you're saying. But can I be honest? I don't think that she's lazy or don't care about her art, I think that Lana is trying to find her way again, does it makes sense? I mean, she knows what she's doing, but I think that she's probably figuring how to do what she wants. The final product is amazing (I mean, her new songs are good and even the critics are agreeing with that), it's just how she's working with it, you know? Lana is bad with marketing and promotion, but she's giving us great art. I think that she's aiming for something more raw, more real, you know?

Why can't she just say that on a livestream or notepad insta post though, instead of leaving long time fans scratching their heads wondering wtf is going on :awkney2: If she doesn't want to make high budget music videos, do interviews, take HD photoshoots, she literally can just say that. It's not about her HAVING to, it's about respecting your fans and giving them a heads up because they're currently paying for the house that you live in, the coffees you like to drink everyday, the cars you drive, etc.  :toofunny: It's fine if she doesn't want glamorous art anymore, and that she wants everything to be more simple, but a nice "hey guys, things won't be the same this era" would be so so so nice of her

Even a "Hey guys I'm just as fucking confused about this era as you guys are lmfao" would be comforting  :defeated:

Why can't she just say that on a livestream or notepad insta post though, instead of leaving long time fans scratching their heads wondering wtf is going on :awkney2: If she doesn't want to make high budget music videos, do interviews, take HD photoshoots, she literally can just say that. It's not about her HAVING to, it's about respecting your fans and giving them a heads up because they're currently paying for the house that you live in, the coffees you like to drink everyday, the cars you drive, etc.  :toofunny: It's fine if she doesn't want glamorous art anymore, and that she wants everything to be more simple, but a nice "hey guys, things won't be the same this era" would be so so so nice of her

Maybe we should wait a little more (I know it's rough lol) to see what she have to say in her interviews. I mean, she have been doing some livestream, maybe we should ask the right questions like "when are we going to see the artwork? When are you going to release the album/tracklist?" etc... you know?

there's definitely a lack of communication this era, like @ said, if she were to just get on a live and tell us what's going on id be ok, obviously shes not obligated to always explain or give reasonings to what she's doing, but there's a serious drain in communication, its not like i want a new song every week, im just very confused and looking for more clarification with what the fuck is going on, all we've been getting is random articles quoting the press release. people have been plastering march 29th all over the place and she has 100% seen it before but still hasn't said anything about it.

we’re all confused because the lack of communication. what if this era hasn’t even started? what if the rumors are true and those songs were really just buzz singles? who knows. it can turn out like the last eras and be filled with magazines and videos in the end, but we lack knowledge of what’s going on because nothing is said.

giphy.gif