Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Even a simple "Idk what the fuck I'm doing guys" or "this era will be more simple than all the others" would make me happy. Because then it's like OHHH you're not lazy, you're just confused lmao that's cool Lana 

that's make sense!

I mean, let's be honest, she did built a whole persona to make herself famous, now she's probably getting back to her roots, and that's hard! She lived since 2011 as this vintage glamourous girl, and now she's doing something more simple!

To be honest, she's acting like those alternative/indie artist that she is, she's not acting like this popstar that she thought that she wanted to be (or that her label made her to be)

she knew EXACTLY what she was doing by naming the song "hope is a dangerous thing" :defeated:

my hopes that she's hiding something big from us that she's gonna release and blow our minds is just something i think of to hide the thought that this era is going to end how it started. 

Tbh, I'm gonna approach from this from the point of view of Lana in some fashion and try to make some sense of her. 

I think the three buzz singles were just that. For the fans. She knows how impatient the vast majority of her fanbase gets. She probably thought it was a good idea, but it's turning out it may not have been. 

I truly don't think the era has started yet. I think it will in February, but I do agree with some others when they say that the three songs we have (and snippets) are just for the super fans to be in on her process, imo. The actual era and its aesthetics (all the press and the interviews, etc.) haven't really started, I don't think.

So in short, I think some are calling her lazy at this point when she's not even doing the actual work yet. I think it's just a complete confusion thrown by way of not communicating clearly what the three singles were really meant to be. I think it was just to be cool. ("Here guys, super fans. Don't leak anything. Love you. The era will start in February.") 

me when Lana decides to release the album and actually let us know lol

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

My main complaint is that She literally reached a new level of minimalism. Instead of us getting the usual recycled video from a previous era. We got a new video that was filmed in 640p at 10fps, and used 3 times in a row. I understand that Lana likes to help chuck get good grades on her show and tell projects. But hunny at LEAST make up for it by having 2 or 3 other videos directed by someone with idk...actual ideas. We need V I S U A L S.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

My main complaint is that She literally reached a new level of minimalism. Instead of us getting the usual recycled video from a previous era. We got a new video that was filmed in 640p at 10fps, and used 3 times in a row. I understand that Lana likes to help chuck get good grades on her show and tell projects. But hunny at LEAST make up for it by having 2 or 3 other videos directed by someone with idk...actual ideas. We need V I S U A L S.

Maybe Lana went over budget on LFL so now she has to scrape out an album on few thousand dollars to make up for it.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Maybe Lana went over budget on LFL so now she has to scrape out an album on few thousand dollars to make up for it.

Wouldn’t she have made up for it with the LA to the Moon tour, the pop-up shop, the LFL merch and the Gucci campaign? (and the possible adidas sponsor back in 2017 ._.)

Hmmm. That makes sense. If you think about it...After UV, HM was very minimalistic and low budget with videos, with MTWBT being the only decent budget one (even tho it used recycled footage too). And then she came back with LFL. So maybe this time around she has to regenerate funds and the next era will be big again. BAM! I think we solved it.

Wouldn’t she have made up for it with the LA to the Moon tour, the pop-up shop, the LFL merch and the Gucci campaign? (and the possible adidas sponsor back in 2017 ._.)

Ok nvm this makes me reconsider my last comment lmao. What is the truth??? Does she have funds or not???

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't like this situation at all. I called this era boring tons of times but maybe all the release situation is out of her hands? She said the album was ready and mastered but maybe she presented the album to the label and they still haven't approved the project? As for the visuals yeah I don't like Chuck's work but I still think she is skeptical about working with other directors after the Cherry situation. Anyways I don't know but the whole thing is starting to feel weird.

what cherry situation? 

Lana had some crazy ideas directors said were impossible to do, thus Cherry never got made (I think  :toofunny:  At least that's what I heard)

This was exactly what happened. Or they'd say they'd do it but it never worked out so she just moved on without it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Change is the bridge from her dark past towards her positve mind set. Its her epiphany. There would be no Get Free without Change. I think ya'll underestimate the importance and beauty of that song

I can't help but Change sounds very cheesy and the lyrics remind me of my elemtentary years trying to memorize positive words to describe my personality.. Even though that wasn't true

Honest, capable, beautiful, stable lmfaoshhajahs

Idk I haven't even listened to the song for a year!

ahem during UV era, HM era, and LFL era I always talked about how much I loved them, this is literally the only era I've hated with a fucking passion :dafuq:

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE ONES IN BACK.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

she knew EXACTLY what she was doing by naming the song "hope is a dangerous thing" :defeated:

my hopes that she's hiding something big from us that she's gonna release and blow our minds is just something i think of to hide the thought that this era is going to end how it started. 

Or, it could just be what she meant by it, or hey subtle satire when it comes to us if we even have that power of influence of her. 

and. I can't believe that I'm saying this, not just bc of the fact that she's the one in control, and how reality's stranger than fiction sometimes that she probs won't follow what we'd like, but I'd actually be content w the tracks we've gotten so far, and another couple or - to fill in the supposed 11. Kinda like how T Sivan released so many tracks from Bloom, and just had a few fresh left. Maybe she's just giving us this time to really let the music marinate, when the rest comes. 

Not to spread hope thin, but I truly don't think it'd b wise to speculate from one lilypad jump to the other based off something we'd deffo like instead of looking at things from her perspective. I mean yeah I want the vinyl to b pink, but it doesn't mean that my pseudo wish is even gonna be on the radar 

not to persecute u, sorry, just genuinely baffles me as to how we play idea telephone to have it seem solid af, and for so long lol 

UV/Honeymoon

I can't remember the last time I listened to hope... :candy: :bored:

The last time I listened to it was when it was released. I have to admit, I've listened to it couple of times and couldn't fall in love with it. :bored:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro