Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

other than that i must i agree that dealing with lana stans is hard, just seeing the way some of you behave here is kinda gross, you are so entitled lmao

Truth. This board gets disturbing. I agree that her managers are being unprofessional and Lana should say something soon, but the level of entitlement and melodrama here is horrifying. If I was Lana, I probably wouldn't want to give us anything either.

Truth. This board gets disturbing. I agree that her managers are being unprofessional and Lana should say something soon, but the level of entitlement and melodrama here is horrifying. If I was Lana, I probably wouldn't want to give us anything either.

I think that goes with fame in general. South Park had a very eye opening episode putting into context how obsessive the limelight is in a Britney Spears themed episode. You should watch it.

As for this fanbase, of course there's craziness, but it's silly to demean everyone to that just because of a few. I'd say truly find out the opinions of these stans and it'll open your mind more. Of course if you only skim the top level all you will find is scum. Just don't keep a closed mind.

Lana's managers aren't truly any better lowering themselves to that type of level, especially when they're pushing into their early 40s and having an internet brawl with 13 - 21 year olds.

But I don't necessarily agree with you on that fact that this forum thinks they're entitled. I think it's a very popular theme people dwell on in order to make us all look bad, but I think most of the people here aren't so much mad at Lana as they are disappointed that she doesn't want to update us.

Of course you can argue she owes us nothing, but I mean, living in the modern day of fame you should know that's not how it works. It is disgusting I agree, but where were you when everyone was following Amy Winehouse and Britney Spears in and out of the hospitals with paparazzi and asking them for autographs, yelling at them, asking for new music, etc.

In comparison, these are just 13 year olds asking for one simple tweet from Lana stating that she is unaware of how this era will move forward. If I were you I'd just put that into context properly. There's no need to make this into a big thing and make it dramatic. No one is saying they're going to spit in Lana's face at her next concert, people just want a simple answer from the person they're investing thousands of dollars into by buying their albums, merch, future poetry books, tour passes, etc. I think the most respectful and professional thing to do would be a simple update from her on her Twitter.

She doesn't owe it to us, it's just a common sense in terms of respect and keeping good morals. That's all.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Also I saw Stevie Nicks slader pages and pages back. Yall are disgusting with no taste, period.

tenor.gif

Right. Like yes nowadays she doesn't have the same voice because of her drug habit, but her old songs whew. The bitch had taste and paved the way. NFR literally sounds like it's inspired by Sara from Stevie Nicks. These bitches don't even know sis!

Also I saw Stevie Nicks slader pages and pages back. Yall are disgusting with no taste, period. 

tenor.gif

rhiannon and landslide, etc... they ALL fucking SLAP. you’re right. some of these people don’t know taste and it makes me sad.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

So to sum things up:

- Teases (demo) snippet of Happiness Is A Butterfly on Instagram, March (29th?)

- Mariners Apartment Complex announced September 7th, released September 12th

- Beats1 interview, September 18th

- Venice Bitch release (announced the day before)

- Reveals album title, Norman Fucking Rockwell, and mentions the sound of it

- Mentions working on a poetry book, Violent Bent Backwards Over the Grass

- Mentions that the album will have 11 tracks

- How to Disappear snippet on Instagram, October 5th

- Second snippet of Happiness Is A Butterfly, October 6th

- Cinnamon snippet, October 13th

- Second snippet of Cinnamon, October 15th

- Posts snippet of (Sylvia Plath most likely renamed to) hope is a dangerous thing..., October 25th

- (Posts pictures from Yosemite, November 26th)

- Sings Hey Blue Baby and Stupid For Being So Happy live, December 5th

- The Fader mentions, December 6th, that NFR will be released in March

- MTV and Complex magazine article, December 6th: release date for NFR is March 29th 2019

- Instagram live, December 30th:

- Mentions that NFR is "finished and mastered"

- Mentions that she will re-shoot the album cover because Ed didn't like the first idea

- "Deeply, instrospective, sad girl shit"

- Mentions sometime during the year that the album will be released in early 2019

- Mentions again that the album is done

- Snippet of unknown song, dubbed as In Your Car by fans, January 1st

- Writes on Instagram that some shows will be cancelled and that the poetry book was finished the week before, January 2nd

- Third snippet of Happiness Is A Butterfly, January 11th

- iD article, February 6th: mentions that the album will be released in March, 2019

- Harper's Bazaar interview, February 7th: NFR has 13 tracks, last 3 tracks of the album has rock undertones, "no bangers" will be on the album

- hope is a dangerous thing..., released January 9th

- Posts a picture of her poem Happy, February 20th

- Ben denies on Instagram that the release day is March 22nd 2019. He also replies that there is yet no set date for the release of the album.

And sometime in this album process, we could hear Jack play around with adding beats to How To Disappear in the studio. And the March 29th rumor started sometime before the iD article was published.

Now I'm gonna have dinner, I'm tired of this shit. :derpna:

quoting this excellent recap for anyone who doesn't keep up with the thread. An absolute shitshow of an era tbh!

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

i’m on the edge of my fucking seat i feel like we’re all about to get sniped

"I was gunna release tha album next month but ya know what- not anymore. U little fuckers disraspect my manager, & thats not ok. U guys have a good fuckin night & lay in da bed U made."

tumblr_p8um8ydlQA1x9ghmno1_250.gif

"I was gunna release tha album next month but ya know what- not anymore. U little fuckers disraspect my manager, & thats not ok. U guys have a good fuckin night & lay in da bed U made."

if she ever responded like that, im burning my Lana merch to make from for Azealia Banks merch

jk i dont like AB but still

negAbhB.png

if she ever responded like that, im burning my Lana merch to make from for Azealia Banks merch

jk i dont like AB but still

I tried to use as much internet slang as I could, seeing as Lana is a poet who expresses herself "speakin' like dis on tha twitter- all tha time"

that kind of shit "i was gonna do X but since you did Y i wont do it" type shit makes me so mad lmfao my parents did that to me all the time gtfo here with that shit

negAbhB.png

For sure, I totally agree that she should say probably something about soon, and I even moreso agree that her managers acted rudely and immaturely today. 

That being said, just because modern fame works this way doesn't mean it's right. Lana is an extremely talent singer/songwriter who shouldn't have to stop releasing beautiful music just because she doesn't want to play by the rules of modern fame. The way we treat celebrities can be sickening. Fans of Britney and Amy were atrocious, and it's a sad reflection of our society that it's normal for some people. 

At the end of the day, we really don't know anything about Lana and that's how she wants it. One thing we do know, is that she has alluded to depression and other mental health struggles she faces many many times. So I think before we are all so quick to judge her and attack her for not giving us the updates we want, we should step back and let her do things at her pace. At the end of the day, she is human and she owes us nothing. She releases music much more quickly than many artists do, and I do think she genuinely does care about her art and the people that love it. I also believe that she probably gets pretty overwhelmed by it all and sometimes the easier thing to do is retreat and stay silent.

"I was gunna release tha album next month but ya know what- not anymore. U little fuckers disraspect my manager, & thats not ok. U guys have a good fuckin night & lay in da bed U made."tumblr_p8um8ydlQA1x9ghmno1_250.gif

“DISRASPECT” IWOJDIDIJD THE SPELLING ERROR... IM DECEASED

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

After today's whole mess with Ben vs me, I've decided I'm going to take longer when explaining myself and try to keep a nurturing and tough love attitude that a mother would because I tend to be condescending and irrational when speaking too passionately on a subject and it usually taints my argument from actually having any value or meaning. We love growth!

tumblr_p8um8ydlQA1x9ghmno2_250.gif

For sure, I totally agree that she should say probably something about soon, and I even moreso agree that her managers acted rudely and immaturely today.

That being said, just because modern fame works this way doesn't mean it's right. Lana is an extremely talent singer/songwriter who shouldn't have to stop releasing beautiful music just because she doesn't want to play by the rules of modern fame. The way we treat celebrities can be sickening. Fans of Britney and Amy were atrocious, and it's a sad reflection of our society that it's normal for some people.

At the end of the day, we really don't know anything about Lana and that's how she wants it. One thing we do know, is that she has alluded to depression and other mental health struggles she faces many many times. So I think before we are all so quick to judge her and attack her for not giving us the updates we want, we should step back and let her do things at her pace. At the end of the day, she is human and she owes us nothing. She releases music much more quickly than many artists do, and I do think she genuinely does care about her art and the people that love it. I also believe that she probably gets pretty overwhelmed by it all and sometimes the easier thing to do is retreat and stay silent.

Yeah I don't think it's right. Modern fame truly reflects our "chew it up and spit it out as quickly as possible" mentality. Art should be respected and treated accordingly.

I also don't agree with promotion and such. I love interviews, don't get me wrong if you have something to say, say it. But art should speak for itself. When artists go with the whole promotion thing, as 99% do now, it just makes it more of a product than art.

As with how fame works now, I think the blame should be split in quarters. 1/4 on the artists themselves for playing into it, 1/4 on the rabid fans, and 2/4 on the record label executives, concert promoters, managers, etc. The music industry, and the industry in general, really dictated how everything works. They want you to be obsessed so you always buy new things. It's a money making machine to them.

I think it also has to do with our fast food, fast cars, fast computers mindset. I really miss the joy of getting two dvds at the video store and watching the shit out of them. It was appreciated more. Now you can watch 1000 on Netflix and it means nothing because we've become accustomed to it.

The world needs change. As for the music industry, I would totally love a music revolution where artists go against the system, against Spotify, against the labels, the radio play, the charts, etc. Let the art speak for itself, ya know? But would they do it? I'm not sure. I don't think many necessarily want change. Most are happy with the money they're making.

But yeah, that's just my two cents.

when the album comes out 

illegal-mp3-downloads-stock-photograph_c

i feel like his wording of "we don't have a release date" makes it seem like she's no where near done yet to the point she can't even assume a release date. "being finished" is somewhat done i assume? just final touches? kind of contradicting himself... its very odd

Does Ben have no fucking idea what Lana says? She said it was DONE. they must have an underlying dilemma between eachother. they’re always miscommunicating things.

giphy.gif